The Key to the Keyless Keyhole

The Key to the Keyless Keyhole

A Chapter by Stephen Caldwell

Chapter 41: The Key to the Keyless Keyhole

 

 

 

            Trevor was not averse to toying with his undue power of fatal proportions. He hadn’t seen his glowing palms light the second joint in two months. He suddenly moved to the side of the driveway on to soil and dirt toward the door. Nothing felt like it should, but he had to know if he did have the type he needed at any time. So he motioned for something to come on and upheaved a few times. His arms came down each time and a made a little more space, warm summer air and cold energy not knowing what he could expend. The wind was lukewarm and nightly. Trevor was not hooking up anything. He’d forgotten that he would first attempt healing. So he waved for vital interests in his left hand this time. Though he could use both, he had a hard time using both for that. While he used his right to untie the human soul before, he could do both extremities to do that. For once, he did not take value in examining his torso. Trevor place his left hand on the amulet without considering it. Very carefully though. Not effective it seemed. The undeniable pain of being drained and subjected. Especially now, “Ouch! What is that?” The fainter aura light from the finger-tip pressed on the underside of chest had the effect it needed. The act of it was exasperating, but the confection was to the necklace. It surged for one instant, and glew to the signals at the symbol. The eminent dark light. It did not stop the chain on his hand. The main portion of the exterior grew blinding. He could not see the entire front of his chest because the rest of it was clung to him. It flashed upon the tree and encapsulated the view of the lower half of the base of it. Trevor didn’t flinch. He cupped the accessory piece of the neckwear, and tried to keep it flush with the left side of his upper-torso. It didn’t stop centering around the part of his breast that set the oddity to shine out through the designated way on the front of the necklace.  It beamed when he couldn’t let go of the connection and stopped it there. He led his hand back to the focal point still activated and clamped down. Not the reaction he was expecting. He had to cease the vital interests in the shift of the right coordination. The tie took several tries to unclasp. Other measures were taken after Trevor could half the light from it. But, it worked. There sorbed a remainder of the left that shed itself from his hand. The whole time he was focused on what happened, the shadows drifted back over the dense zone. But, not him. He could see he was looking at his own amulet around his shoulders. Staring at Trevor who had hunched over, so that the light only touched the base of the tree. David gave him a look of, “What should I be doing?” and proceeded to step back. Trevor got back off and on to the concrete. He just looked blankly at David until he couldn’t think of a question. He snuck-in with asking, “What can I do to make you understand?”

            “Not go and just do something like that.” Trevor thought for a moment. “The idea of what I was going to do involved not using my powers at all.” The reason Trevor didn’t mention the necklace remained to be seen. He couldn’t openly tell him why he did. He couldn’t identify that himself. But, the first effort to isolating the inter presence was underway. Trevor stained with the feeling he might not get how to train himself for David was bothersome and David had no desire to not go through with this. So, there was not much else to do but try; And Trevor was terrified. What if he killed the one person on his side? At that, the only person of a small number that could help. Nowhere to be seen at present, he didn’t know where to start, or where to start looking. “So what do you want to do?” he asked David. “Huh?” he was looking around a little awestruck by the look of it. It made him nervous, “W-what are…” David pushed Trevor back and he almost fell. David hadn’t fallen either, but he was slinking to the door, in an attempt to be hasty. Trevor didn’t know why he wouldn’t say anything. It was almost like he was getting away from something. Not nothing to appearances because it looked as if he had lost use of his right arm. David moved as he threaded through keys at the door and obviously found the right one. “Where are you going?” no reply. Because he punched his way in after getting it unlocked and shut the door fairly hard. It dawned on Trevor that shock could’ve set in after seeing. Much less would he dip out like that. No, it was certain Trevor wasn’t convinced. The fright of which he knew meant something else was the cause. The air around the driveway got hot and dormant. Like the warm current had just dropped and the cool forced out. But, Trevor didn’t tremble. He backed himself against the tree and watched from side-to-side. He stared off gradually to the back yard. Hoping to catch something before it caught him. He could not see anything. Not a glimpse of a tar covered monster or a burning man.

           

So the yard and the driveway were empty. The last left a conclusion to exit the driveway and get down the street. He was worried that he would attack at any time. He skip-walked off the driveway and dumped out of the street on the turn in a burst-run. The fatigue fell over him half-way down a hill. The downside to this was that he could not escape from a blow from out in the dark. But, he could try to look right at this moment. He trudge down the bottom of the rut when he fast walked, and stopped. Turned around and blinked on time-stop, making sure his eyes were fixed on the top range of the street. There wasn’t any corporal movement in his view. He could see distinctly the trees at the end of the road far away and the ones at the top of the hill. What he couldn’t see was the zone directly in front of his sight. The non-coordination with the focal point allowed nothing to be considered. Trevor was naturally wondering if an enemy had touched and paralyzed David, if he should just get home. No second guessing. The idea that he could secure a defensive retreat again made him encouraged to do so. He wasn’t perfectly ready to let go of this point of time at once. There was a measure you would need to collect your balance before you unwrap the absence of the flow of time. The process of getting through that smoothly and substantially was the key. Without throwing away your every reflex. He continued to it.



© 2017 Stephen Caldwell


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

160 Views
Added on December 22, 2016
Last Updated on March 10, 2017

Living Virtues


Author

Stephen Caldwell
Stephen Caldwell

Concord, NC



About
Musician. Writer. Humble. Tattooed. Loving. Hating. Human. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Stephen Caldwell


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Stephen Caldwell