Chapter 10: Face to face with the culprit

Chapter 10: Face to face with the culprit

A Chapter by Eyudo
"

read to see

"

Chapter 10

Face to face with the culprit

 

 

 

     I searched around the school for ten or fifteen minute, searching for a specific room in the school. I wasn’t totally lost; I did remember parts of the school. It hadn’t been that long since I was there in the classrooms.

     Any people who were in the halls stepped aside. They gawked and whispered, surprised to see me of course. They should have been. I finally found which one I was looking for. It was the AV room, where they had all the broadcasting equipment at my fingertips. I went in, cause the door was unlocked. It always was. Small town highs cools rarely have high security. I used my knowledge of what I had learned about video capture, camera set up, and all the other editing and broadcasting stuff to make my own little personal announcement.

     I set the camera up in front of the wooden desk and turned the power on. I sat down at the desk and turned on the microphone. I took a deep breath and got ready. Here was the whole point of my trip. Here I go: I flipped the switch to turn on all the TVs in the entire school. Everyone could see me and I started to talk. “Hello everyone. You’re probably surprised to see me. I’m not dead. I’m alive, I just ran away to get away from the suffering here. What I mean by suffering is the desecration of my life! And my reputation. I have come back to settle something that I need to know.”

     I could tell that every ones eyes in the entire school were focused intensely on the monitors. “I need to know. I must. Who is the punk who started the rumor? I ask all of you. So come forward you coward! In case some of you don’t remember the rumor, here it is: I’m a psychotic murdering Goth who drinks the blood of animals. Now come clean about it or else. Come to the AV room right now. We are gonna have a little chat. If you were man enough to spread it, you can face me for it. Trust me. This is important for me to know. That ruined what I had ahead of me. You have no idea the pain you caused me. So come forth now and admit what you’ve done. Thank you.” I finished, and then flipped the switch back off so no one could see me anymore.

     All I could hear was the dead silence. Then I waited. I waited awhile, then after that, I waited more! It seemed forever to find him or her who did it. After a while though, I gave up on it. I was upset. The jerk didn’t even show up. I sighed and stood up. I shuffled my feet to the door, kicking up dust with every step. I reached slowly for the doorknob. But I didn’t have to open it. Someone else did. It opened all the way on its own. It creaked to a stop and all I could see was a shadow in the doorway. I didn’t know who it was.

     The shadow stepped in after a brief moment, but I still had no clue who it was. I had never seen him before. Could he really be the person? I thought to myself. I didn’t even know him. How could he have hated me that much?

     He was about five and a half feet tall, thin, and about fifteen or sixteen years old at most. He had pale skin and white hair. He also had black eyes, literally black eyes. “Who are you?” I asked. “You don’t know me pretty much at all, but I’m your step brother. I’m him.” He said with an angry expression on his face. “Wait, so you spread the rumor?” I said. “Are you kidding me!!!” “Yes, yes, I did it.” he replied coldly.

     “But why? Don’t you know what you did to me you little brat!” I yelled at him. “Oh sis. You have always been with our family, and you always got all the attention from mom. I lived with you and was ignored so much, that you don’t even know me. So I never stuck around to be ignored. I was getting sick of it and it was getting old. Fast. So I left little notes of the rumors in all the lockers in the school. It spread like wild fire. It was quite simple.” he finished, and by then, my eyes were black too.

     I screamed and ran at him. I shoved him into the wall and onto the floor. I grabbed him by the collar and pulled him up, and then I grabbed him by the throat. “I can’t believe this! I had enough! You’re going to pay.” I said, and I meant it. I’m not the violent type, but every one has there times. I squeezed his throat tighter and tighter, until veins popped out of my arms.

     That’s when Midnight slowly walked over and rubbed his head on my shaking adrenaline filled leg. I looked down at him. He was calm, but had a look in his eyes. It was a look like: “don’t do it, he’s not worth it.” I knew what he was trying to say to me.

     I loosened my grasp on his throat. Then I let go altogether and he fell to the floor, scared, and gasping for air. I pulled him up off the floor by his shirt and close to my face. “Now listen and listen good. I probably would have killed you if it weren’t for Midnight here. Here’s the deal: you go in front of those cameras and admit to everyone what really happened and why, or we are going to have some problems, am I clear?” I told him.

     He nodded in fear. “Good, now, go over there and tell them the honest truth.” He did so, not wanting to mess with me again. He sat at the desk I had sat at before and took a deep breath to calm himself. I pressed the button and everything was set, he could be seen. Here it went. I hoped it went well.

     “Hello,” he started, sounding a little nervous, “I have something to admit to you all.” He stalled for moment, and then finished his dreadful statement. “The rumor about Amber, who came on earlier, is not true. I said it to get revenge, and I really shouldn’t have. It messed everything up, and I’m sorry. Now at least I won’t be killed. Well, that’s all I have to say.” He finished and I shut off the monitors once mores.

     I walked over and put my hand on his shoulder. “You did the good thing, thanks. Now, go home and tell Julia, your mom, not mine.” He looked up and gave a faint smile. Then he stood up and left the room. I probably would never see him again. He left me alone again in the now more soothing silence. The day was done and I felt better.

     I had consulted all I need to consult. And showed down all the things that needed to be overcastted by dark shadows. I argued my opinion and told off who needed to hear it. I found the culprit and took care of that one. I was in the closed off silent room, alone. To me it was nice, knowing I did what I needed to and could now go home in a better state of mind. It was the silence of reparations.

 



© 2008 Eyudo


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

231 Views
Added on July 2, 2008

Flames in The Full Moon


Author

Eyudo
Eyudo

Painesville, the city of pain....., OH



About
BUY MY WRITING!!! CLICK HERE! well, all yu humans can call me Eyudo (Eye-Yoo-Dough), since not many knows or calls me by my real name, i have to stay mysterious when i can :) infested more..

Writing
i saw it fly i saw it fly

A Poem by Eyudo