Chapter 52: update: a year later

Chapter 52: update: a year later

A Chapter by Eyudo
"

read to see

"

Chapter 52

Update:

A year later

 

  

 

 

 

     It was a year later after the day I got the paper saying what’s the secrets of the forest. It was still a year and a half from the current date of now, but it will tell you better the end of the story.

     Everything was normal by then. All things had centered back to a more normal state. Grief brought down by the essence of time, but memories not faded away. Everyone was healthy and happy. We took very good care of Sammie and she was all right. Things were rough at a few times, but we got through it with her.

     Midnight was full grown along with Sheilla. They were happy with each other still. They weren’t old, but they were definitely matured by then. Lee was getting big too. He wasn’t as big as his mother and father, but he would be there soon enough. All the pups were getting big. We had only lost one more since then. We were lucky to have all the pups survive after that.

     They had their own pack and roamed free in the forest as Sheilla and Midnight taught them to hunt and live. It was very interesting to see how they did it. It was getting rough to keep them inside, so Derek put in a doggy door for their access to the outdoors whenever they wanted to.

     Derek still made his monthly trip home to see his family. We even went with him a few times. His family was very happy about the marriage, which happened a month ago. They were very accepting of me still. Although they did sympathize with me over my mother and all I had been through.

     This particular day though was Sammie and mine birthday. I was turning nineteen and her fourteen. Derek’s had passed a week ago, he was a little older than me. Everything was to normality, and all memories faded, but not gone. I was glad. Now everything was only getting better. It was getting better, but I was hoping so that it would remain that way for the rest my days.

     The village had come for our celebration and Derek brought the decorated cake out to Sammie and me sitting at a table outside. The candles were lit and it was set for her and me. “Make a wish you two.” he said as he smiled. What? A wish? I didn’t need a wish. I was already happy with everything I had. I didn’t need it. I had my reparations, found all I wanted, and my family. I was as happy as I could be. All that I wished for as I blew out the candles is for it to stay that way.

     I had had no more relapses since the time before. I was healed as far as the doctor could see. I was glad. They stamped my case fixed and closed the book on it. No more burns and demons. All I had to remember all that was my minds mental imagery of past events, and small segments of healing scars.

     Kilala and I were still very close friends. Derek wasn’t jealous anymore. Because he knew even if I was with her all day sometimes, I was his to deal with at night. So he just dealt with us being excited young girls, the best stage of our lives really.

     The village and our family got together every so often to be together. The honored our presence at every ceremony they had. We were very welcomed there at any time. And the same as my mother, they welcomed Derek just as much.

     That brings you up to date on the whole thing. It’s all better now. No more pain, I have had so many happy things since the year ago. A year isn’t that long, but we really worked to make things better in our lives. That’s all that mattered then. It was all over now. Happiness came and stayed.



© 2008 Eyudo


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

220 Views
Added on July 3, 2008

Flames in The Full Moon


Author

Eyudo
Eyudo

Painesville, the city of pain....., OH



About
BUY MY WRITING!!! CLICK HERE! well, all yu humans can call me Eyudo (Eye-Yoo-Dough), since not many knows or calls me by my real name, i have to stay mysterious when i can :) infested more..

Writing
i saw it fly i saw it fly

A Poem by Eyudo