Chapter 11: Finish up, then I'm going home!

Chapter 11: Finish up, then I'm going home!

A Chapter by Eyudo
"

read to see

"

Chapter 11

Finish up, and then I am going home!

 

 

     I left awhile after that. I wanted to see Derek one last time before I left. I found him over at his locker. I walked over and hugged him from the backside. He turned around and sighed. “Did you find the person?” he asked. “Yeah, and I took care of it.” “So I guess this is your goodbye before you go back to the woods. Well let me tell you I’ll miss you. I have something for you, a small gift. I went and bought it during lunch when I snuck out.” he said.

     He reached up onto the top of his locker and brought down a dark blue, small, box. Oh great, leave it to a guy to only get shimmering jewelry for a girl. I was more of a tomboy at times anyways. Then he handed me the box and it felt a little to heavy for that. I guess I had to open it myself. I unwrapped the ribbon and took of the lid. It definitely wasn’t jewelry. Actually, I wasn’t really sure what it was.

     “Um….. Thanks. What is it?” I asked. I was very embarrassed. “That’s ok. It’s a PDO. You know, a Personal Data Organizer. It’s so you can keep track of stuff. It also has a cell phone with unlimited minutes, and it has no range, so you won’t have to worry about it not working out there. The coolest part is it has a solar powered battery so it can’t die out. It’s really high-Tec. And you wouldn’t believe how cheap it was. I knew a guy at this technology shop near here. He gave me a hand in choosing it.” He explained to me.

     “So do you like it?” he asked. “I don’t know what to say….. I love it! Thank you so much. Now we can keep in touch.” I hugged him really tight, as tight as he hugged me before. I let him go when I heard him gasping. I guess he really did love me, and I guess he really did still want me. I couldn’t stay mad at him, and I just couldn’t not be his girlfriend. Boy, this was now gonna be even harder now.

     “Well, I will try to keep in touch with you and talk to you all the time. You know, since were dating and stuff again.” I hinted to him. He smiled in a weird way. “ I thought you said it wasn’t going to be that easy, huh?” “Well, so what! You want me back or not bub?” I said. I didn’t want it to be an awkward moment. “Alright, you win. I do want you back. So we’re good?” he asked me. “Yeah, it’s all good now. I forgave you. It was too easy.” I told him. He was glad though.

     “But I though you weren’t going to take me back.” He said. “Can’t a girl change her mind?” Good move. Anyway, we said goodbye to each other for a last time. It took a couple hours, but it was still our goodbyes. I didn’t want to leave of course, but I eventually did anyways. We had a final kiss and I was on my way back home. But first I had to go to my old house to gather some things.

     I walked back there and tried not to look back to the way I came. My backpack and a few other things were that at the house. Plus, I wanted certain things from my room. I got there and saw two police cars perched out side on the street. Uh-oh. This wasn’t looking good for me.

     I went through the already opened door and saw the cops. They were waiting for me. Julia was sitting on the couch near them. “What’s all this about?” I ask. “I called the police to ensure you don’t go back. I really don’t think a seventeen year old teenager should be living in the forest on her own.” She said in a mild tone. It was tough on all sides.

     “How could you? How could you do this to me! If you really cared about me, then you’d let me go back and move on with your life!” I yelled with tears in my eyes. I was betrayed again. “Now now miss. We only came here to see if she was really telling the truth about the fact she said you were alive. We actually didn’t believe it. Honesty, we thought she was lying or just crazy. No offense ma’am.” one of the officers said.

     I stepped back towards the door. “Don’t let her leave officers.” Julia ordered them. “Um….. Actually, we can’t do anything about it.” An officer said. “What?!? Why not?” Julia freaked this time. “Well, since she’s not technically living. There’s no records or files in our cabinets on her. So we can’t legally do anything.” “Can’t you just recreate and reinstate her in the system?” She persisted. “No, it’s not that easy. When some one is taken out of our system, we permanently delete all files in the computers and burn all paper files.” they explained to her.

     A moment of silence, the one of the officers said, “have a nice day, and we’ll be off now.” They said, and then left back to there squad cars. My foster mom just stared, probably surprised. She was definitely angry that her attempt to control me had failed again.

     I wiped the tears from my eyes, glad to still be free. I locked eyes with her for a moment, and then broke it to go upstairs. I walked past her and said nothing. I went up to my room and grabbed everything that seemed most dear to me. It all seemed to be that. But I couldn’t take it all. Because of my decision, I did have to give up a few things.

The one I missed the most was TV though. When I was alone and bored at the cabin, there wasn’t much to do. That’s when I really wished there was cable and power out there. But I could deal with it. It was a new spin on roughing it for a teenager.

     I took some posters, jewelry, and a lot of clothes, since I would need them. I didn’t have many that I originally started with. I shoved it all into the book bag I had brought. It was a tight fit and I knew it was going to be heavy. I went down stairs and passed Julia once again.

     I went into the kitchen and filled up on water and grabbed a snack to take with me. I had to have enough water though. It would be hell without it. I came out of the kitchen and went pass her to out the door. We still said nothing. That was the last time I’d be seeing her for a while. Then, I didn’t want to see her ever again. She had hurt me as bad as everyone else.

     Midnight still sat in the doorway, growling a little because of Julia. He knew what she had did apparently and he was very protective over me. That bond was there again. “Come on Midnight. She’s not worth it. Leave it alone. Were going home now. Come! Or I’ll leave you here with her.” I said. It seemed he almost thought about it. Like he only wanted to stay another few minutes for some revenge, then he’d catch up. But he came as he was told to. He dared not mess with me with my newfound mood.

     So, I had fixed everything I thought, except I was still mad at Julia. Bu I eventually got over it. I had no reason to stay mad at. So, I had faced the world of my problems and hoped it would help. I had a boyfriend, faced the one who started it, and I’m over the law. That last one was the coolest one.

     I thought the ritual might be fixed by then. Like it would stop happening and my mind would be free. I felt like some one had doused the flames of my ritual problem. But there was still a spark on the wet logs, and it was about to be covered in gasoline. This trip had not solved that. Even though this was able to make it better, the problem wasn’t gone. It happens again. But I didn’t have a warning when, or even know it was still there. I was still trapped in a box. But for then, I was fine. Time to go home.



© 2008 Eyudo


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

236 Views
Added on July 2, 2008

Flames in The Full Moon


Author

Eyudo
Eyudo

Painesville, the city of pain....., OH



About
BUY MY WRITING!!! CLICK HERE! well, all yu humans can call me Eyudo (Eye-Yoo-Dough), since not many knows or calls me by my real name, i have to stay mysterious when i can :) infested more..

Writing
i saw it fly i saw it fly

A Poem by Eyudo