Chapter 19: Relapse: the occurance

Chapter 19: Relapse: the occurance

A Chapter by Eyudo
"

read to see

"

Chapter 19

Relapse: the occurrence

 

  

 

     I went outside when it was just starting to get dark. I sat next to Derek and me watched the sun fall over the horizon. It was beautiful and seemed very romantic. It was warm out and just getting darker on that clear day. Midnight and Sheilla came over and lay next to us near our feet. I stroked Midnights fur, then rolled him over and rubbed him down. He always did like that.

     Derek decided to be brave and pet Sheilla. He reached out and stroked the dark gray fur on her back. She didn’t flinch. By the look in her eyes, she actually seemed to be enjoying it. She knelt and lay down near his legs and let him pet her for a while.

     I was relaxed and was at peace. Well, for a couple more moments at least. I closed my eyes and it suddenly brightened out. I could see the light through my eyes. I opened my eyes to see flames slowly starting to engulf the forest. “Derek!” I turned to him and said, “We have to get out of here!” “Why?” he asked. “What?!?” I said as I jumped up, “can’t you see the fire?” “No, not at all.” he said calmly.

     I was extremely perplexed. I pondered it for a moment, and then figured out what was going on. I peered into the rapidly blazing fire, and just looked around. I saw eyes staring back at me. Then my fears became a reality when many little demons emerged from the flames and crept closer and closer to me from the far off distance. Then Midnight howled.

     I looked over where Derek and the wolves had been and saw that Derek was gone! Just vanished! Sheilla was missing too! Midnight howled again with his head raised up high in the air. I looked up and saw a huge, glowing, full, moon. It seemed so close. I felt like I could just reach up and pull it down from the sky.

     I lowered my head and watched the scary demons come closer. I just stood there, not sure what to do. They all kept approaching until they were only inches away.

     The tallest one, which was half my size, came in front of me and knelt down. He held up a purple pillow with gold fringes. And on it, was a long, silver, slender, rod. I thought for a moment, but my hands grabbed it before I could finish thinking. I walked over to the riveting flames and dipped the rod into it. I was afraid of what was yet to come, but somehow, I felt I wanted it.

     I pulled it put and pressed it on to my arm to see how hot it was. It was scorching. I walked back over to the circle of demons and sat down in the middle of them. They all huddled in and intensely watched, waiting for me to make the first mark.

     I stood up and took down my pants. Then stripped of my shirt. I felt I didn’t need them and they will get in the way of what I was gonna do. I pressed the red iron against my skin on my arms and tilted my head up with a grin of pleasure on my face. I pressed it again and again and again and again and again and again on my arms and burned it on.

     I moved it down my sides, then down my legs. I came back up with my burning and all the way back up my side. I came all the way up to my neck. I did it in patterns and designs. I did all areas of my body, including my stomach and back. I finished no more than a half an hour later.

     I was out of my mind and wasn’t afraid of it. I had lost control and liked it. I resembled a tribal member from Africa, covered in black designs and patterns once more. I looked around and all I saw was Midnight looking at me with a look of worry in his golden eyes. Derek still wasn’t around. Had he abandoned me? I wasn’t sure at all. I didn’t know what to think about it. And Sheilla was gone too. Had he taken her if he left? Or had she ran? But Midnight was still there.

     All the demons cheered, they saw me as their queen to lead them. This mental problem was like a world that I was in. When I was there, I couldn’t feel pain, which made it good to go there. And I was royalty with all my little minions. Why wouldn’t I want to relapse? It was great then. That was the problem. It was so great, my mind would spiral me into it, sometimes against my will.

     I looked of pitiful triumph, but I had still lost it again. It hadn’t happened in so long, I thought I was ok. I hadn’t left this problem in the city. It had followed me. The only one to do that. After a few minutes, all the cheering from the demons had stopped. I looked around and they all just stared blankly at me. I blinked a few times and they still stood quieted as before.

     I blinked hard a few more times and they all smiled in a kind way. It was so confusing now. As if this wasn’t bad enough. They were all smiling….. Nicely? I didn’t understand. I blinked a few more times. After that time, every single last demon vanished. Just gone. I looked around into the blank darkness.

     I didn’t see anything. Everything from the flames to Midnight was gone. It was just dark and quit. That was all. I stood there and tried to catch the thoughts that eluded me. I couldn’t. I knew I had done it again, but that was about all I knew at that time.

     I was quite confused. Then I felt a little dizzy. Then that turned into wooziness. I wobbled; the world just seemed to spin before me faster and faster. I almost felt intoxicated. I saw a whitish light flash before me and, finally, just collapsed. I’m not sure from what, but I hit the ground hard. I was still conscious after I fell down, but I didn’t think that would last long.

     I started to feel tired, so very tired. I struggled to stay awake, and I didn’t do so well at that. The time passed slowly. After no more than three grueling minutes, I passed out. I had lost the battle to keep awake. I was out. I had relapsed and that’s all I knew. And it was the worst one yet.

 



© 2008 Eyudo


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

171 Views
Added on July 3, 2008

Flames in The Full Moon


Author

Eyudo
Eyudo

Painesville, the city of pain....., OH



About
BUY MY WRITING!!! CLICK HERE! well, all yu humans can call me Eyudo (Eye-Yoo-Dough), since not many knows or calls me by my real name, i have to stay mysterious when i can :) infested more..

Writing
i saw it fly i saw it fly

A Poem by Eyudo