chapter 33: ambushed

chapter 33: ambushed

A Chapter by Eyudo
"

read to see

"

     I woke up the next morning thinking of the dream still. I tried not to let it bother me; after all, it was only a dream. I was sure it didn’t mean anything. It was pretty scary though. I just decided to tell no one of it. That way no one would worry about me. I thought it be better that way.

     I decided I was going to spend the day with Kilala. I hadn’t really seen her in a while. I didn’t think she’d mind if I stopped by to see what was up. I traveled to her village only to find devastation. Her village was in ruin. Houses were collapsed, some even turned to ashes. There was livestock loose and woodpiles scattered around the grounds. There were also wounded tribes men and others scattered around, dead. I saw some living, but they looked so upset they walked like they were dead.

     I saw Kilala in the distant helping a wounded man. I rushed over to her, knelt at her side, and put my hand on shoulder. “What happened here?” I asked in a firm voice. “We were attacked by our rival tribe. We call for peace but they not agree. They made a major attack to leave us stranded.” she said. “That’s terrible!” I said, “Who were they?” “The Drago tribe.” she said.

     I stared as that word echoed in my mind.

 

Drago drago drago drago drago drago drago….………………. it was just there! I knew, then and there, that the dream did mean something. I stayed focused though and tried to help the Wulfin tribe all I could with the damages.

     By the end of the day, we had collected all the firewood that was scattered around, captured most of the livestock, rebuilt half the huts, and buried all the dead. There would be a spiritual ceremonial goodbye that night.

     They invited us to stay for dinner and said Derek may stay too. We agreed and just ate what was there. Derek left and I stayed a little longer. I invited Kilala to stay at the cabin with me tonight since they were short on homes then. They were all grateful for the hospitality.

So Kilala was going to stay with us for a few days, so they could be rebuilt completely by then. Derek didn’t know yet, but I was sure he wouldn’t mind. They would be done soon and Kilala and me were just so close then.

     It was dark and time for Kilala and I to go on home for the night. We got there in pretty good time, although the dark made me nervous because of the nightmare. Wait outside a second Kilala,” I whispered, “let me check to see if Derek is sleeping.” I quietly crept in the door. The room had a great aroma and candles were lit everywhere around me. Our bed on the floor was neatly and nicely put down and widened a little. It had a red rose placed in the middle of it.

     Uh-oh. Looks like he had something special planned. “Derek, we have a guest tonight.” I said. I waited and no one answered, I looked around a little and he wasn’t even there. I went back to the door and let Kilala in. I looked around for a note or something but found nothing. “That was strange,” I thought. “Where could he have gone at this time?” Oh-well, I was sure he’d be back soon.

     We sat up and waited for him, but we fell asleep as we did. We waited hours, and we just couldn’t stay awake anymore. I lay back down for a moment and fell asleep with the comfort of a friend who did the same.

 

Chapter 33

Ambushed

 

 

 

 



© 2008 Eyudo


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

169 Views
Added on July 3, 2008
Last Updated on July 16, 2008

Flames in The Full Moon


Author

Eyudo
Eyudo

Painesville, the city of pain....., OH



About
BUY MY WRITING!!! CLICK HERE! well, all yu humans can call me Eyudo (Eye-Yoo-Dough), since not many knows or calls me by my real name, i have to stay mysterious when i can :) infested more..

Writing
i saw it fly i saw it fly

A Poem by Eyudo