chapter 35: another story told

chapter 35: another story told

A Chapter by Eyudo
"

read to see

"

Another story told

 

 

 

 

 

 

     “Amber, Kilala, come in here!” the chief called to us from outside. We went in to see him. “I know you both heard everything, please let me tell you something. Please, sit and listen.” he said. “You are supposed to be a legend from long ago. It said that one day you would come to the forest to live one day, and that you would have a great way and the power to become the greatest leader of all. God knew the potential in you and the legends was whispered on the wind as to how it spread. They wanted it so bad that they kill your parents and try to take you. But we defend you and send you away to protect you.” he said.

     “I want to talk to him!” I said. I felt a little warmer. “Who?” the chief asked. “The Drago tribe leader. I want to see him now.” I told the Wulfin chief in a sturdy tone. That’s when I realized I was angry! “Take…me…there...now.” I said, trying not to yell or lose my temper on him. I was saving that.

     “All right. We will take you there.” he said, “it not to far, maybe a mile of two. We will leave now, you, Kilala, and me. That is if you ready.” He knew and understood what I was feeling, which I am sure is why he didn’t get mad about how I spoke to him.

     After that, nothing more was said. They grabbed a few things, and then we left. I knew too much, and that made me ready to settle the score with my parents now. It was his turn to feel the feelings of confusion, unhappy, sadness, fear, and the pain he caused!

     I was set already. I already had my canteen and hiking books with me. I also had my bow with arrows in the case and I had my leg strap sheath knife stealth fully hidden under my shorts, but it was still easily reachable.

     We headed off to where his village was. It was in a place that could be considered the heart of the entire forest. I was able to enjoy the hike and cool down a bit on the way. But since I knew the truth, I didn’t know how long that would last.

     When we arrived at the village, I saw that it was beautiful! It was hidden by clouds of tropical-ish trees with big heavy dark green leaves. There was even a waterfall on that section of the river that calmly flowed through. The homes were clay huts with straw roofs that even had windows on them! There were many animals in big pens with tall grasses growing all around. It was a wonderful place.

     I couldn’t believe it! They wanted me to rule that? I was in awe. Kilala and the chief noticed my interest with a slight worry in there eyes. “Where’s the chiefs hut?” I asked. “It this way. Follow me.” Kilala said. So I did so. It was a huge, tall, clay…well, castle more than hut really.

     I stomped over and ripped through the doorway. Kilala and the chief merely stayed outside. He was sitting on his throne in the back. He only smiled when he saw me. I went in alone, but so was he, not even one guard. “That was weird.” I thought to myself. I stared at him, and then spoke. “I have a little question for you that you are going to answer!” He smiled even wider. “Go ahead child, ask away.” he said. That was too easy, almost as if he wanted me to ask it.

     I had to be careful on this one, I was pretty sure he was playing a mind game with me. “Fine! Then I will. What secrets were you trying to get from my parents?” I asked. “The ones about the forest and the legend.” he said calmly. “But then why did you have to kill them?” I asked. “Well, I don’t think you know the real truth of all this. Why don’t you come over here and sit and I’ll tell you everything. “He answered.

     I cautiously went over and sat in a chair in front of him, and then I listened. “It was all a horrible accident really,” he started, “we weren’t really going to kill then, we just said we would. Then in our line of armed bowmen, one of their hands slipped and the arrow flew. Unfortunately your father was in the way of that arrow. And after that, all my men spooked and it caused a chain reaction. They all fired together your parents got stuck in the firing range.” he explained.

     “Were not bad. We just found it hard to forgive ourselves about it is all. Do you understand now Amber?” he said. I thought about it for a moment and actually believed it. I mean, it did make sense, right? I nodded to him to show I did understand. “Yes, I suppose I do understand.” I said. “Good. Then run along. I still have some stuff to do. But please visit soon ok?” he said. I ignored that and walked back out the beaded curtain doorway and away from him.

     I met up with Kilala out side where she was alone. We walked back to the village silent. She didn’t ask what had happened. I think she was confused why I wasn’t mad anymore. I think she may have thought I killed him or something. But I knew what had really happened.

     I’m so glad it was all just an accident. That made the act so much easier to forgive than before. What a relief. It was the final story I would have to hear I hoped. Maybe the reason I believed it so much is because that is what I wanted to believe more than anything, that it was just an accident. Even if it wasn’t true, I really did believe it.

     Things were finally working it seemed. That’s what my thoughts were. Everything was starting to settle in my life. It was like the puzzle was coming together and I had finally found all the pieces. Now all I was doing was putting them together.

 

Chapter 35



© 2008 Eyudo


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

147 Views
Added on July 3, 2008
Last Updated on July 16, 2008

Flames in The Full Moon


Author

Eyudo
Eyudo

Painesville, the city of pain....., OH



About
BUY MY WRITING!!! CLICK HERE! well, all yu humans can call me Eyudo (Eye-Yoo-Dough), since not many knows or calls me by my real name, i have to stay mysterious when i can :) infested more..

Writing
i saw it fly i saw it fly

A Poem by Eyudo