chapter 39: reminiscent

chapter 39: reminiscent

A Chapter by Eyudo
"

read to see

"

Chapter 39

Reminiscent

 

 

 

 

     After dinner, we just sat and had dome long overdue time together. Well, at least until we heard a lot of squawking coming from the sheets in the corner of the cabin. “What was that?” my mom asked. It was of course that stupid eagle again. “It’s that little gift you left me. The eagle.” I said.

     “Oh! You have Zeik?” she said excitedly. “Bring him out! I haven’t seen him in ages!” I shrugged my shoulders and got up to get him. I pulled down the sheets and Zeik pushed through them. “Zeik!” she called. And surprisingly, he came over to her and perched on her outreached arm.

     “Hey! He never listened to me!” I said, “Well, at least you two do.” I said as I glanced over at Midnight and Sheilla on there bed with the babies. They both looked over at me, and my sister caught site of all the puppies over there. She screamed all excited and ran started to run over to them. “NO!” I said as I jumped off the couch and grabbed her arm. I pulled her back to stop her. “Sheilla is very protective of them. She may attack. Let me bring you one instead.” I said.

     I walked over cautiously and knelt beside the bed. Sheilla watched me the whole time. She growled a little, so I stuck my hand in her face so she could sniff me. She recognized me, but still watched me. I flipped the blanket completely back to reveal all of the pups. I very carefully and gently grabbed an average sized one and carried him over to her.

     She got him from me and was careful how she handled him. She held his back and rubbed his tummy. He really seemed to like it. Then I realized I didn’t even know her name! This would be an awkward moment. “Hey, um, I feel kinda stupid for asking but, um…what’s your name?” I said. “Oh! Yes! It’s Samantha.” she said. I laughed a little. “Ok. It’s nice to know my sisters name.”

     “Can I keep this one Amber?” she asked me. “I’m real good with wolves and then I can be like you! So can I? Please?” I though about it for a moment. There were quite a few that survived. Even though some had died, there still were enough. But what was the harm if I had one less? “All right, you can keep that one then.”

     “Yay!” she yelled with delight and excitement. “Thank you so much Amber!” I was just glad I could make her happy. The look on Derek’s face about it was warm too. “So what are you going to name him then?” I asked. “I don’t know. How about Lee? I like that name.” she said. “Me too.” I said, “Is it all right if I just call you Sammie?” “Sure.” she said.

     “Why don’t we just turn in for the night aye? We could all use the rest.” my mother suggested. I didn’t really disagree out of the fear of damaging a relationship I didn’t have.

     This would be interesting though. There were four humans and over ten animals. I wasn’t sure where we were all going to sleep. There really want enough room. Derek and me took a bed on the floor and Sammie did too as well next to ours. My mom took the couch. Then the eagle had his corner and the wolves had another one. It was cramped.

     As I tried to sleep I tried to figure out a way to fix our housing issue. Since I was sure they would be staying with us, something was going to have to change to make it work. I suddenly had a great idea that would fix it completely. But the problem was it would take a lot of time, effort, material, and of course work.

     I was going to try to see to it the next day, but for then I was tired and just wanted to sleep. I was excited though and didn’t want to wait. I was happy to be in the comfort of people. Not just any people, but my family. I slept with a smile on my face. I would never be alone again.



© 2008 Eyudo


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

183 Views
Added on July 3, 2008

Flames in The Full Moon


Author

Eyudo
Eyudo

Painesville, the city of pain....., OH



About
BUY MY WRITING!!! CLICK HERE! well, all yu humans can call me Eyudo (Eye-Yoo-Dough), since not many knows or calls me by my real name, i have to stay mysterious when i can :) infested more..

Writing
i saw it fly i saw it fly

A Poem by Eyudo