chapter 40: our new home

chapter 40: our new home

A Chapter by Eyudo
"

read to see

"

Chapter 40

Our new home

 

 

 

 

 

When I woke up the next morning it was only seven AM. I was surprised that I hadn’t slept longer. I stood up and yawned as I stretched real tall. I wiped my eyes and tried to turn my brain on. It may have been a little too early for that though. Then it finally sparked up and came on, reminding me of the idea I had had from yesterday. We were going to destroy and rebuild the cabin.

There were so many memories in that cabin that I had made and the others before me, but I was sorry to say that that had to change. We needed more room and just to forget the terrors of the past. What better way? But we would need more manpower and way more supplies.

I talked to every one about it at breakfast and they all seemed to agree that it was a great idea, even my mother, who the house meant the most to. So we went and talked to the chief of the Wulfin village and Kilala about it.

After a bit of discussion he agreed. He said he felt he owed us since what with the Drago tribe situation and all. So after that, we planned the day to start. My mom and Derek took off to the town to get some other things we would need. They said they would only be back sometime after nightfall, pretty late then.

It was settled by then. The next day we would get the timber and then the next day would be demolition. Then by the day after that, the construction will have started.

We mainly spent that day wisely though. We drew up the plans. It was going to be an awesome new home. It was going to be huge too. Three floors and a basement pantry storage place. The first, second, and third floors weren’t going to be that tall though, but tall enough. Each floor would be about a foot taller than us, meaning Derek.

And one of the cool things was that each floor wouldn’t just be one big room, it would be divided into separate rooms! Well, except for the third floor. You would go through a trap door and see one big room with a door on the outside wall. It would lead outside into the trees. It would be a good little escape root if you just wanted to leave and get away, a quick way out. All you would have had to do is climb out off the balcony and climb down to get out.

The third floor was the best floor and the trap door would even lock from the inside, for privacy. Guess who’s room that one would be? Yep, Derek and me would be staying in there. It would be cool, but I’m way ahead of myself. It was only the day before day one. Well, to dull down the agonizing day-by-day labor and all those boring details of each nail and piece of wood, here is a day-by-day plan of how it was going:

Day one: we had to find the workers in the Wulfin tribe willing to help. Then go to town for the odd and extra supplies we would need. Last we had to actually draw up the plans and the blueprints for the new cabin.

Day two: we had to cut and gather the wood for the structure. Then get the stuff to hold it all together (nails, screws and stuff). Also, get the stones and rocks for the chimney and stuff, and any other building supplies we need.

Day three: basically demolition day. Move everything out of the cabin, (furniture, food, animals, all that). Then destroy it despite all it’s seen. Clean it all up and set up. Then be ready for some real labor the next day.

Day four: plot the area and dig the base and build wall sides of the basement and foundation. Complete the base floor and all of the first floor as well. Rest up, eat up, and then sleep at the village again since we don’t have a home yet.

Day five: build the second and third floors and then test it all to see if it’s strong and will hold well against the weather. Make sure it has no weak point. Rest, take a breather, and then once again sleep at the village with Kilala.

Day six: put the chimney all the way up and also add the roof with shingling it the best we can. Flatten an area around the cabin to ensure a “yard” and then we had to add all the doors and windows too s well. Then sleep at the village.

Day seven: last day! Inspect the house; make sure it’s stable. Then we had to move all the stuff back in and organize it after we figured out whose room was which and stuff. Not much fun really. Then was the first night we could spend in our new home. It was great.

Day eight: we happened to add a day. Only for making furniture and tuff one way or another. We needed beds badly. We only had a few things furniture wise, but quite a bit of other stuff, especially blankets. That was all.

After all the work was finished, we finally had a new suitable home for us. To thank the Wulfin tribe for all there help, we invited them to our home for a bit of a feast. We went out and got deer, chicken and fish meat by hunting, then we already had many vegetables, especially corn. It seemed to grow just about everywhere in that area. Then we had potatoes and all sorts of delicious dishes ready for us.

We placed them all out on a floor of blankets out side. Then we went and told every one it was time to eat. They didn’t argue with that!

Now we were all together at our “picnic”, we had an awesome time. It was really fun that day, just talking and sharing stories and experiences. Its always interesting to hear about what others have done. We told jokes and laughed and just watched the time go by.

We all helped clean up the mess afterwards, although there wasn’t any food leftover. I really didn’t ant the party to end though. So I thought and blurted out the first idea that came to my mind, “hey everyone! Let’s have a huge bon fire!” I heard many yeses, so it was good. So we all decided to do that then. It was close to dark, so the time was perfect as well. We just had to gather wood and all.



© 2008 Eyudo


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

205 Views
Added on July 16, 2008
Last Updated on July 16, 2008

Flames in The Full Moon


Author

Eyudo
Eyudo

Painesville, the city of pain....., OH



About
BUY MY WRITING!!! CLICK HERE! well, all yu humans can call me Eyudo (Eye-Yoo-Dough), since not many knows or calls me by my real name, i have to stay mysterious when i can :) infested more..

Writing
i saw it fly i saw it fly

A Poem by Eyudo