Chapter 29: The black bear

Chapter 29: The black bear

A Chapter by Eyudo
"

read to see

"

Chapter 29

The black bear

 

 

  

     We left trails where the dirt had been pushed aside by the bodies of the deer as we dragged them home. Eventually we could see the cabin through the thick fog that had suddenly and mysteriously appeared out of nowhere. I thought it might have come up from the valley with the wind. We finally made it back to the cabin with our catch. I noticed the door was across the way, torn right off the hinges. I was worried as to why.

     We dragged our catches to the side of the cabin and sprinted back to the door. I really wanted to find out what was up with that. When I went into the cabin, I just fell to my knees in shock. Something had been in the cabin! Everything was messed up! The couch was torn up, the tables were flipped and broken, all the chairs knocked over, the window sheets torn through and barely hanging on, and the eagles home made cage was torn down. Just pure destruction.

     The way it looked, it looked like an animal had done. I knew it definitely wasn’t a squirrel. And judging from the rustling coming from behind the couch, it was still there too. I gently and quietly set up my bow to be ready for use. I crept over there and peeked slowly behind the couch. It was a medium sized black bear sitting there staring up at me. The must have been a lot bears in that area I guess. I watched as it stood up and growled at me. Then it lunged in a mild manner. I let go of the bowstring and nailed him in his back left leg. He fell over, got back up quickly and scampered out the door and away. I didn’t think he was coming back again.

     I looked down to where the bear had been and saw the fast food bag on the floor ripped to shreds. That’s what the bear was after. “Derek! get in here!” I yelled out the door to him. “What?” he said, emerging through the door. “You idiot!” I yelled at him, gritting my teeth, “you left the fast food bad in here and a bear smelled it and came! It completely destroyed the cabin!” I was furious. “I didn’t know though…..” he said.

     “What? Are you gonna tell me you didn’t know that an animal wouldn’t come and ravage around looking for a free meal? Seriously! Ugh. I’m going out for a while. Don’t follow me!” I said. “Midnight! Come!” I yelled. He came right away and we left.

     I just walked around, nowhere specific really. I was upset, but even though it was his fault, I was a little hard on him. I ended up near the river and lay on its edge. I just stared up at the darkening cloudy skies. That didn’t last very long when it started to rain. It was ok at first, but then it came down heavy. Midnight ran home and I did the best I could to keep up with him. I was going home to the broken cabin.

     I had forgotten about Kilala. I kinda felt bad about that too. I ran through the recently fixed door into my cabin. It was still partially a mess. They didn’t have time to finish, but part of it was clean at least. They were sitting on the couch that looked like it was stitched over a lot.

     “Are you better now Amber?” Kilala asked. “Yes thanks. It’s all right; I just have too much to deal with. You don’t have to help Kilala. We can finish it if you want to stop. It‘s not your problem or your fault anyways.” I told her. “Oh but I don’t mind! I want to help.” she said. I shrugged my shoulder, and then we all went back to work fixing and cleaning.

     We were able to sew up the sheets on the windows and re-stuff the chairs, but we didn’t know how to fix the tables. But it was ok though. I could have just made some new ones. We finished and it was time for dinner. The cabin looked pretty nice after.

     I invited Kilala for dinner to repay her for all her help and she gladly accepted the offer. I’m sure she was starved too. We cooked some of our catch and sat down in the middle of the room in the chairs together and ate.



© 2008 Eyudo


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

189 Views
Added on July 3, 2008

Flames in The Full Moon


Author

Eyudo
Eyudo

Painesville, the city of pain....., OH



About
BUY MY WRITING!!! CLICK HERE! well, all yu humans can call me Eyudo (Eye-Yoo-Dough), since not many knows or calls me by my real name, i have to stay mysterious when i can :) infested more..

Writing
i saw it fly i saw it fly

A Poem by Eyudo