chapter 32: nightmares

chapter 32: nightmares

A Chapter by Eyudo
"

read to see

"

Chapter 32

Nightmares

 

  

 

     It was exactly one month since the last incident and all my worries were gone. I walked outside when it was dark and looked up at the beautiful full moon hanging in the sky. It was huge, full and blue. What a rare thing to say in a lifetime. I cherished the moment.

     Then Derek came up behind me and hugged me from the backside. I grabbed his arms and wrapped them around my stomach. His skin was soft and warm. We both just held each other and looked up at the magnificent moon.

     I saw a light shoot by in the sky. It was a shooting star. I closed my eyes and made a destiny wish. A destiny wish is either a wish made to change your life in some way. You wish for the change in the wish. Or it is a wish that is a wish you make, then it comes true, and later you see what it did for you. I wished that I could meet my real parents, but I knew that would never happen since they were dead.

I was enjoying the night with Derek, then came a terrible noise from somewhere nearby. I couldn’t figure out what it was, but I could definitely pinpoint where it was. Derek heard it too, so at least I wasn’t imagining it.

     I ran inside and grabbed a rope for some reason and my leg strapped sheathed knife and got it on fast. I was going to see what it was. I did a fast walk out the door and in the direction it was. Derek followed with me for some reason too.

     We ventured out in to the dark forest with our flashlights searching. The noise grew louder and louder as we grew near. I broke out into a run to see it. After a little further, I found the source. It was a jaw dropper for sure.

     There, standing in the forest, was a big, tall, fearsome, black dragon. And on each side of him was a raptor, the dinosaur kind. I stood there, not sure what to do, and I was really scafuzzled. (Scared and confuzzled.) What were they doing there? How were they even there!

     Then one of the raptors ran over and bit Derek’s arm! I shook the beast, but it held its grasp on him. Then the other jumped on him and he went down. They were hoarding over him ready to kill him! I stared in horror as they readied to attack. Then I looked back over at the dragon and he was just staring at me. It was a cold and blank stare. There was nothing I could do to help Derek!

     I ran over to the evil dragon, ripped my knife out of the sheath, the stabbed him in the side with it. It didn’t phase him at all! He stood there still with his stare. His eyes met mine and I felt a chill run through me, like he was feeding off my biggest fears and leaving me as nothing. I stabbed him again and it did nothing!

     Midnight came running out of nowhere and lunged at him. The dragon simply smacked him with his massive arm and sent him through the air into a tree. I heard a crack and he stopped moving! It was so terrible. I started to cry! I didn’t know what else to do. Kilala was nowhere, and vivid images of my parents appeared in my mind and sent me spiraling down. All my biggest fears and worst memories were attacking me and I was so terrified.

     One of the raptors jumped off of Derek and ran at me. He grabbed my arm this time. I turned around as he sank his bloody teeth into my arm and I felt the pain of it. I turned back around and smacked him so hard in the side of his head and he let go and scampered away whimpering.

     The dragon still stood there. He didn’t move at all. He did then after a few more moments say one single word: “Drago.” I was still so frightened. I didn’t understand what that meant! What was all this about! Still tears came down my face. What was I suppose to do! Raptors and dragons weren’t suppose to be real! But here they were tearing my love apart and killed my best friends! The images of my parents came because of that and then that stupid word he said! What was all this about! That last phrase echoed around.

     Guess what happened next? I was on my knees in the forest in the middle of all the carnage and tears. Then I woke up. I opened my eyes and looked around. I had to think about what had just happened for a moment. My cheeks were wet from tears and I was sweating a little. It was just a dream! Only a dream I told myself. More like a nightmare, but it was not real non-the-less. I was breathing hard, but that slowed in a moment and the sweating stopped. I wiped the remaining tears from my face.

     I saw that I was actually outside in the light of that beautiful full blue moon. I was sitting on the ground next to Derek, leaning against him. I had my head on his shoulder until I woke up. I had fallen asleep when him and I were outside enjoying the mysterious blue moon still hanging in the sky.

     I didn’t tell him about the nightmare then, I really didn’t need to. I was so tired anyways. I decided to just lay my head back on his shoulder and go back to sleep there. I didn’t thing he’d mind if I did. I laid my head back down on his shoulder. He smiled as I did and quickly fell back asleep with the comfort of him. I think he knew that I had a bad dream. He stroked my hair to comfort me.

     I don’t know what that was all about. Why would my mind do that to me? Why would it let me have such a terrible dream? None of it really made sense at all. I was too tired to keep thinking about it. All I knew for sure is that was the worst thing I had ever seen. It was all my fears and saddest things put together. I figured I’d tell some one about it tomorrow in the daylight.



© 2008 Eyudo


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

173 Views
Added on July 3, 2008

Flames in The Full Moon


Author

Eyudo
Eyudo

Painesville, the city of pain....., OH



About
BUY MY WRITING!!! CLICK HERE! well, all yu humans can call me Eyudo (Eye-Yoo-Dough), since not many knows or calls me by my real name, i have to stay mysterious when i can :) infested more..

Writing
i saw it fly i saw it fly

A Poem by Eyudo