chapter 36: I should have known

chapter 36: I should have known

A Chapter by Eyudo
"

read to see

"

Chapter 36

I should have known!

 

  

 

     We made it back to her village and I was relieved to be there. I liked the other village, but I just wasn’t use to it. We walked past two men huddled together in the village. I could hear them talking. “Did you hear how Amber is here?” on said to the other. I was kind of ticked when I heard that. Why me? Why me as their greatest leader of all and stuff? I wasn’t some legend to be a ruler. I was just Amber Rose Wilson! I didn’t really like all the attention.

     I just walked ahead home to see Derek. I hadn’t really talked to him in a few days. Actually, I hadn’t seen him in two days when I thought about it. I missed him a lot. I felt bad I had ignored him too. I got back to the cabin and he wasn’t even there! I felt like something was wrong. I just knew something had to happen to him. I searched around for any clues as to where he could be. I knew he hadn’t gone home for the day a month because he had done that last week.

     Then my suspicions were confirmed when I found possibly the biggest clue of all. I found a note. And as usual, it was written on fine parchment paper. I snatched it up, unfolded it and quickly read it. Here’s what it read:

 

Amber,

 

     We have your friend Derek here with us at the village. Come now and we no harm him. We want something from you that we sure that you wont give. So we are forcing you to tell us other wise we will kill him! You will tell us the secrets Amber. You will be our ruler. And you will obey what we are telling you! We will only hold him so long. So you had better hurry! Do not make us wait any longer than you already have.

 

Signed,

 

The Drago tribes’ chief

 

 

     “Oh my God…” I said in a huge state of shock. I had to go see Kilala right away about this. Maybe they could help. “I don’t know of there is much we can do now.” the chief said. I sighed, and then had to ask the chief something. “Why haven’t you tried to use me yet? I’m very curious. You’re kind and have done so much for me, but you ask nothing back at all and know what I am capable of.” I said.

He didn’t even think about it. He flat out gave an answer immediately.  “Because our tribe believes in free will. Only you what you want or need to do. Right?” “Yeah.” I said, “at least they only killed my parents by accident.” I said in a random moment.

     “He tell you that?” the chief said. “Yeah why?” I answered. “That not true at all! He got tired and frustrated with them, and lost interest. So he ask one last time and they refuse. So he put them to a wall and shoot hundred arrows at them.” he said, “no way! Really?” I asked. He nodded, “it true.”

     “Then that means….. He lied to me! I can’t believe it! I’m going there now and I’m going to kill him for this!” I said. Then I ran off out of the hut and to the way of his village. I wanted so bad to believe the story he told was true. I should have known better than to trust him. I was on my way to see him. I was so amazingly mad I couldn’t even believe I could think straight. I started to run to his village. This was it. It was his final farewell.

 



© 2008 Eyudo


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

166 Views
Added on July 3, 2008

Flames in The Full Moon


Author

Eyudo
Eyudo

Painesville, the city of pain....., OH



About
BUY MY WRITING!!! CLICK HERE! well, all yu humans can call me Eyudo (Eye-Yoo-Dough), since not many knows or calls me by my real name, i have to stay mysterious when i can :) infested more..

Writing
i saw it fly i saw it fly

A Poem by Eyudo