Five

Five

A Chapter by Imagination-mage

Harmony arrived to Shippou City easily, still no threats from Team Rocket. Shippou City was a very well organized place, Harmony heading to the Pokemon center to heal her Pokemon. As she entered the Pokemon center she spotted someone new in her sights. A young black girl it looked out wearing the weirdest fashion she had even seen, wearing a strange hat covering her head, seeming that it was attached to her shirt that revealed her stomach, baggy parachute pants and black boots on her feet, dark chocolate eye color that really brought out her milk chocolate skin color. Standing beside her was none other than the gym leader herself, Aloe standing along side with her husband, Kidachi.

            “Mom I want this too!” the girl said, gleefully pointed out the shining bracelet that was gleaming in the sunlight. “It’ll really compliment Tamaki!”

            “Alright but only because it’s your birthday!” Aloe said, tickling the teen like girl in the stomach.

            “Remember, both of you have to be here!” the girl said strictly.

The two nodded, leading her away from the shop once she was done. Harmony quickly ran up to them, saying “Um excuse me!”

            “Rai, rai!” Raichu piped up catching their attention.

The three turned towards Harmony, a smile spreading on Aloe’s lips as she said “Another trainer I’m guessing?”

            “Y-Yes.” Harmony said nervously.

            “Wow, a raichu!” her husband said, completely fascinated by her raichu, examining him from all angles.

            “Dad stop, you’re embarrassing me.” their daughter said dreadfully.

            “Well I’m sorry to say that I have no time for battling, its my daughter Tyki’s birthday and I promised to spend the day with her.” Aloe explained, throwing her arm over her daughter, Tyki’s, shoulder and bringing her in for a hug.

            “Oh okay, I guess…tomorrow then.” Harmony said about to turn away. The girl under Aloe’s arm seemed to feel pity for her so she finally said “But my older brothers are taking over the gym for today. So you can challenge them and get the Basic Badge.”

            “Oh, thank you so much!” Harmony said, hugging the girl and heading off. “And Happy Birthday Tyki!”

Tyki waved goodbye, a large smile on her face as Harmony quickly ran towards the Shippou Gym, also the Shippou City Museum. The doors opened before her and she was welcomed to a Timeline of history, from Pokemon to asteroid stones to old vehicles from long ago. Harmony marveled at the scene, raichu looking at the large skeleton of a dragonite, it was so large that its head nearly scratched the ceiling.

            “Why hello there.” A voice said, catching her attention. She was welcomed by two boys, both resembling Aloe and her husband, one having his hair corn-rolled to the side while his short dread locks on top of his head, wearing a baggy white shirt and baggy jeans, sneakers being covered by his baggy jeans and thousands of belts around his waist. The boy beside him was shirtless, a rather marvelous six pack abs wearing a black vest and baggy parachute pants with fire designs on them, a fiery scarf around his neck with chocolate eyes matching Tyki’s.

            “Welcome to Shippou Gym.” One said. “My names Maxwell and I’ll be one of the leaders that you’ll be fighting against.”

            “Or me, Brendon.” The fiery spirited boy said his hands deep in his pockets. “Which one?”

Harmony observed each boy, Maxwell seeming like he depended more on intellect and strategy while Brendon worked more with brute strength and power.

            “I’ll go with Brendon.” Harmony said, Maxwell receiving a snicker from his brother and the boys led her into the library. Harmony was brought to seemingly endless shelves of books. The boys going in front of her.

            “Pick one.” Maxwell said bluntly.

Harmony went to one of the advanced bookshelves, running her fingers over the covers, raichu climbing across her arm and n top of the bookshelves. As Harmony examined the books, raichu commenced smelling the covers.

            “Does your raichu always stay out of his pokeball?” Maxwell asked.

            “Yeah, he doesn’t like staying in there.” Harmony said, taking out a large book based on Pokemon.

            “Almost like Tyki’s pikachu.” Brendon mumbled.

            “Rai, raichu!” Raichu suddenly said, pointing at a blue, hard covered book. Harmony approached the book, raichu getting placed down on the floor. Harmony took the book only to hear a load click and the whole room shook. The bookcase suddenly began to move aside revealing a hidden entrance. Harmony stared in aw soon turning to raichu and said “Nice work!”

Raichu put his paws on his hips and said with a smug smile “Rai, rai.”

            “Wow, you got it on your first try.” Maxwell said, rather impressed.

            “Why couldn’t you tell me?” Harmony asked.

            “Just to see how you work.” Brendon said. “You’re a trainer who puts a lot of trust in her Pokemon which is good. But it can be a disadvantage when a Pokemon is going to trick you.”

            “Raichu would never deceive me!” Harmony said strictly, he raichu growling at Brendon. Brendon put his hands up, as if being put under arrest and said “I never said your Pokemon would. But aside from that, lets get this done shall we?”

Brendon led the way down the staircase where a Pokemon battle arena was waiting for them. Brendon got on his side and Harmony got on her side, Maxwell being the referee.

            “A two on two battle. The temporary gym leader of Shippou City Brendon verses the Pokemon trainer Harmony.” Maxwell declared. “Round one, begin!”

            “Come on out, Baokki!” Brendon said, throwing his pokeball into the air and revealing a Baokki who roared causing the battle arena to shake.

            “Baokki?” Harmony asked, taking out her pokedex.

 Baokki, the fire type Pokemon and last form of Baoppu. Her pokedex stated. A flame burns inside its body. It scatters embers from its head and tail to sear it opponents. It loves sweets because they become energy for the fire burning inside its body.

            “A fire type huh?” Harmony mumbled, taking a pokeball from her fanny pack and it grew larger in size. She threw it into the air and her eevee appeared out of its pokeball. Her eevee had a determined look ok its face, a smug smirk on its lips.

            “An eevee, that’s rare.” Brendon said. “But lets get started, baokki use fire punch!”

The baokki charged, its fists lighting up aflame.

            “Eevee use ice beam on its fists!” Harmony commanded. Her eevee followed orders, freezing both fists, temporarily confusing the baokki.

            “Now use head butt!” Harmony said, her eevee charging and flying into the air, head butting the baokki in the stomach causing it to gag. Eevee soon jumped back, sliding to a stop.

            “Baokki, use roar!” Brendon said victoriously. The baokki let out a bellowing roar, causing eevee to forcibly return inside its pokeball, calling out Harmony’s mijumaru instead. Mijumaru looked a bit disorientated as it looked around the new surrounding. But once it made eye contact with baokki it was frozen in fear.

            “Mijumaru don’t panic!” Harmony called out. Crap, I barely know any of mijumaru’s moves, I found it recently and its rather a baby.

            “Baokki, free yourself from your bonds!” Brendon commanded. The baokki smashed the ice from its fists, giving mijumaru a rather terrifying face. Mijumaru instinctively ran away, cowering behind Harmony.

            “Mijumaru I need your strength in this battle.” Harmony said, kneeling down next to her mijumaru. “Please?”

Mijumaru thought it over, soon nodding in agreement. He boldly went forward and pointed his weapon, his scalchop and accepted his battle.

            “This is starting for real right?” Brendon asked, sounding bored. “Baokki use focus punch!”

The baokki prepared for a punch, mijumaru quickly dodging the attack and going to the side.

            “Water gun mijumaru!” Harmony said. Her mijumaru shot gushes of water at the baokki who fell to the ground, the water attack taking a large toll on it.

            “Now use razor shell!” Harmony said.

            “Dodge then use incinerate!” Brendon said, the baokki simply grabbing the small mijumaru, blasting the small thing with a shot of fire. It dropped mijumaru on the ground, mijumaru badly scorched.

            “Mijumaru!” Harmony cried out, her mijumaru forcibly standing up. Swaying back and forth at first, gripping its shell in defense.

            “Mijumaru are you alright?” Harmony asked, mijumaru only forcing himself to stand. Breathing heavily, mijumaru growled, building up energy until water surrounded it. It shot from place into the air in a jet of water.

            “Aqua jet!” Harmony said excitedly. “Towards baokki!”

            “Baokki counter with fire punch!”  Brendon called, his baokki’s fist lighting up again. The two attacks collided, a large explosion erupting from the attack causing everyone to be shrouded with smoke and a gust of wind. The trainers shielded themselves until the blast ended. The two Pokemon lay sprawled on the floor, unconscious.

            “It’s a draw!” Maxwell said. “How interesting.”

            “Oh well, good thing I have this one!” Brendon said, pulling out another pokeball.

            “But you only have one.” Maxwell said, then seeing the sly smile on his brother’s face. “Oh…Harmony, choose your Pokemon.”

            “Come on out eevee!” Harmony said taking out her eevee again.

            “I choose you Flora!” Brendon said, throwing the pokeball into the air. Harmony automatically recognized that name of the sudowoodo that came to pick of that trainers package. Standing before her was the sudowoodo, shaking its branches like maracas again in a greeting type of way. It waved towards Harmony and raichu who waved back.

            “So you both met?” Brendon asked.

            “Yeah, Flora’s yours?” Harmony asked.

            “You could say that.” Brendon said. “Lets get this done!”

            “Begin!” Maxwell said and the battle began.

            “Flora use hammer arm!” Brendon started, the sudowoodo’s arms glowing a brilliant light.

            “Dodge then use ice beam!” Harmony commanded. Eevee was about to dodge but Flora slammed her arm down on eevee, pinning her to the ground and using the other arm to bring down twice the amount of pain. Eevee was easily knocked out.

            “Eevee is unable to battle.” Maxwell declared. Harmony returned her Pokemon back inside its pokeball and took out her pokabu. Pokabu snorted out embers and growled, Flora only merrily waving.

            “Pokabu use ember!” Harmony commanded, pokabu taking in a deep breath and shooting out dozens of embers.

            “Dodge.” Brendon said, sudowoodo following orders as it swiftly went by the embers. “Now use double edge!”

Flora slammed her hands down on pokabu, causing pokabu to be smashed into the ground and knocked out. Harmony was beginning to panic now. She returned her pokabu back inside and looked down at raichu.

            “You ready?” Harmony asked.

            “Rai, rai!” Raichu said, stepping forward. Flora glared and raichu growled back.

            “Begin!” Maxwell said.

            “Hammer arm!” Brendon said.

            “Quick attack to dodge the hammer arm!” Harmony urgently commanded. Raichu quickly dodged, Flora missing and getting her hand stuck.

            “Raichu, use thunder now!” Harmony said, raichu’s attack striking Flora causing her to cry out in pain. Once the attack ended, Flora yanked her hand out. She turned to raichu, looking angry.

            “Rock smash!” Brendon commanded, Flora trying to strike raichu who quickly dodged the attacks.

            “Iron tail raichu; use it to block the attack.” Harmony said, raichu stopping the attack with his iron tail.

            “Fake tears!” Brendon commanded. Flora’s eyes began to water soon water came flooding from her eyes as she crumbled to the floor and sobbed. Raichu tried comforting the sobbing sudowoodo till a gleam suddenly sparkled in the sudowoodo’s eye.

            “Now use rock smash!” Brendon said.

            “Focus punch raichu!” Harmony quickly countered, the two attacks colliding once again, a bright shinning light suddenly engulfing the two Pokemon. Once it faded the two Pokemon were panting heavily, having a stare down. After around two seconds, Flora fainted.

            “Flora is unable to battle, raichu is the winner!” Maxwell said. Harmony jumped up in glee, raichu being scooped up and spun around. Brendon returned Flora back inside and approached Harmony.

            “Congratulations Harmony, for defeating me in battle I give you… the BASIC BADGE!” Brendon said, showing Harmony the badge and that he was equally excited for her. Harmony took it with pride, placing it in the case and saying “We did it!”

            “Well done Flora.” Brendon praised. “Powerful and cunning as always.”

Flora smiled happily, seeming to really like the compliment.



© 2011 Imagination-mage


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Really good and intense Pokemon battle!

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

322 Views
1 Review
Added on June 25, 2011
Last Updated on June 25, 2011


Author

Imagination-mage
Imagination-mage

Suna, AZ



About
I'm a young mage who enjoys creating adventure, romance, horror (if i can) and sometimes a good angst. i do hope you can enjoy the stories i create, everyone enjoy! more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Imagination-mage