Mondays...

Mondays...

A Chapter by Ashimoto
"

Filler chapter. Ash's day at school. Next chapter will be good though.

"
   "What?!" I gasped. Something THAT important was flowing inside me and my siblings? I had no idea.
   "Yes. And I bet a lot of vamps are going to come after it." Brandon said, "And if your dream is really prophetic then we must prepare for them."
   I was scared to ask but I had to, "Brandon?"
   "Yes?" Brandon looked to me.
   "Were you really... part of... you know..." I couldn't finish the sentence.
   Brandon smiled weakly at me then he lifted up his short sleeve on his left arm to reveal the 'M' mark with a branded red cross over it.
   I walked over to him and gently touched it. I felt Brandon's arm tense up from my touch. Tears started flowing down my cheeks as I wrapped my arms around his and cried on the 'M' mark. Brandon's arm relaxed, making me release it. He then wrapped his arms around me and pulled me closer to him. He rested his chin on top of my head. My arms slid around his neck.
   "I've never..." Brandon began, "...wanted to become closer to anyone other than Rachael. When she told me that she had a new mate, I thought I was going to die without her. She cast me out of the clan because she believed me to be too soft. I didn't want to devour humans, so that made her make the final decision. But even now, I think I might still love her."
   Him saying that made my chest hurt and my heart ache. What did I expect? For him to just magically fall for me like some fairytale? I shouldn't expect much from real life.
   "But the feelings I have of her, they went away when I saw you." Brandon held me tighter, "I don't know if this is love or not, but I am willing to find out. Will you... let me love you, Ashleigh Dawn?"
   I laughed, "Why wouldn't I?"
   "Thank you..."
   I felt tears slide down my face, but they weren't mine. I looked up and saw Brandon's face. He looked both relieved and happy. That made me happy.
   We held each other for what seemed like forever. I was just basking in Brandon's scent when I heard him call my name.
   "Look, Ashleigh!" Brandon smiled brightly.
   I looked to see what he was pointing to. It was the sunrise. It looked way more beautiful then I ever saw it before.
   "School's today." Brandon heaved a sigh, "We'd better get ready."
   "Okay." I walked out of his room. As I walked out of his room, I bumped into Kasi and Kyle, who were trying to get Bryer and Destiny up.
   I wasn't even aware that I was still in my underwear and was wearing Brandon's jacket.
   "What were you two doing last night?" Kyle and Kasi both mused.
   "Huh?" I tilted my head.
   "Ashleigh!" Destiny ran up to me and unzipped the jacket all the way, revealing my underwear, "Oh my gosh! You two WERE doing something!!! I knew it!!!"
   "Stop staring, Kyle." Kasi covered her brother's eyes.
   "Well if big brother gets to stare then why can't I?" Kyle asked innocently.
   "Are we all having a tea party or what?" Brandon asked, after he walked out of his room.
   "You and Ash-Chan were doing inappropriate things, right?" Kyle asked.
   Brandon's face lit up, "Why would you think such things?"
   "Because she's in her underwear and she's wearing your jacket as a cover-up." Kyle smiled.
   "Let's break this up people." Brandon flicked Kyle on the head, "We got to go to school today."
   "Alright." Everyone sighed as they went back to their rooms.
   I dressed into my normal outfit. I grabbed my backpack and headed out the door.
   "Did you guys really do anything?" Destiny asked me.
   "No, I swear." I said.
   Destiny gave me a look, but it seemed she trusted me so she left it at that.
  
   School was buzzing. It was probably because Destiny and Kyle were holding hands and baby-talking each other. Or maybe it was because Bryer was following Kasi and drooling. Or it could possibly be because Brandon and I were walking next to each other.
   My friend, Ellie, ran up to me.
   "Is that the new kid?" Ellie asked, fingers toying with her new dyed dark red hair.
   "Yeah." I smiled.
   "Very suspicious." Ellie poked my face and ran away when I threatened to bite her.
   At lunch I met up with my friends. Ellie, the dark red-haired weirdo. Amaris, the cute lolita. Dayana and Tanya, the mischievous twins. And Alex, the guitar-playing Asian. I love them all so much.
   "So..." Alex trailed off.
   "We heard that you were..." Dayana began.
   "...going out with the new kid." Tanya finished.
   "Is that true?" Ellie asked.
   I looked at Amaris, who gave me a cute encouraging face.
   "Well..." I was about to say when I was interupted.
   "So it's true that..." Dayana gasped.
   "...you two are going out!" Tanya gasped too.
   "Can you guys not do that?" I asked.
   "Do you..."
   "...not like it?"
   "Well... I just think it's a little weird."
   "We are your friends, Ash."
   "Of course we will be weird."
   I sighed. I just couldn't compete with them.
  "So you are going out with the new kid, huh?" Ellie stroked her invisible beard, "That's pretty interesting. Will you let me write about that on the school paper?"
   "Absolutely not!" I yelled. I forgot that Ellie was on the school paper comity.
   "Aw." Ellie sulked.
   They would surely kill me if they knew I was living with vampires.


© 2010 Ashimoto


Author's Note

Ashimoto
Sorry this chapter is tiny. The next will be bigger... maybe. I'm kidding. It will be because the conclusion is showing itself. Please Review. :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Aw, how cute! Ash and Brandon :3 And Kasi and Bryer! XD And Destiny... and Kyle... B|

Posted 13 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Rae
Ellie is gonna become a main character!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Ash's friends seemed to be the comic relief of this story, huh?

Posted 13 Years Ago


Wow. First scene. Ash and Brandon. Wow. He just seems to be too much of a d****e to like Ash, and she seems to much like a B**** to like him. What a weird world.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

360 Views
4 Reviews
Added on July 21, 2010
Last Updated on August 21, 2010


Author

Ashimoto
Ashimoto

Adalwolfa, Amaterasu



About
New bio time! I'm Ash, as you all know, and this is my profile. I like writing because it lets me vent out all my emotions, be they positive or negative. I'm just not all that good at it. I try my har.. more..

Writing
Still Doll Still Doll

A Book by Ashimoto


Still Doll Still Doll

A Story by Ashimoto