Courage

Courage

A Chapter by Ashimoto
"

Basically, Destiny's runs away to find Ashleigh.

"
Destiny's POV
 
   I was terrified of the fact that I was actually going to talk to Brandon. Just the thought of it was enough to stop my heart. I was blankly staring at the door, shaking furiously. I gently tapped the door and I awaited a sound.
   The door opened abruptly. Brandon was shirtless and was quite shocked to see me at the door.
   "I-I'm s-sorry for intruding." I blushed furiously.
   Brandon's shocked look turned to a hard stare, "What are you doing here?"
   "Ashleigh would come to you to talk about her dreams, right?" I asked.
   Brandon got the shocked look again, "So you want to hear her dreams?"
   "No." I stated, "I had a dream and I believe it's something you might know about... especially since you were a member of the Maverick Clan."
   Brandon's look went back to the cold stare, "Don't you hate me or something?"
   "I don't hate you." I declared, "I'm just a little... scared of you."
   Brandon's face softened a bit, "Come in." He moved out of the doorway to let me in.
   The room was as dark as the bottom of the ocean. Black everything. Depressing, much? I sat on his bed and tried not to tremble. I never though of Kyle or Kasi as being vampires before, especially since they have such bright rooms. However, Brandon's room was so dark that it made me very aware of his undead-ness.
   "So, tell me about this dream." Brandon said.
   "Well..." I began, "...it started out with me jogging in the mountains. A young boy named Artemis claimed that I was his mother. Suddenly the scene changed and I was a woman named Destinare. She was the mother of Artemis. Artemis was bitten and I used my Sacred Blood to heal him, however, he was bitten again and a man named Leo put a sword through me. Before I died, Destinare revealed that she was going to have a reincarnation that had Sacred Blood. And I believe that I am that reincarnation."
   There was a long pause before Brandon spoke, "The Maverick Clan has been looking for Artemis' mother's reincarnation for over 900 years. And now she shows herself."
   "So, I am the reincarnation." I knew it, "That means the Sacred Blood is flowing inside of me."
   "Not only you." Brandon said, "Ashleigh has it too. And I'm pretty sure that Bryer has it."
   "All three of us?!" I exclaimed, "That's dangerous!"
   "It just means that we'd better get ready for a fight." Brandon sighed.
   I felt a little guilty. Partly because we've been putting such a burden on their family and partly because of how I acted towards Brandon. He isn't as scary as I had first thought. And I can also see why Ashleigh liked him so much. Wait. What am I thinking?!
   I wasn't aware of my staring when Brandon moved a little closer to me.
   "So, you were scared of me, huh?" he asked.
   I panicked on the inside. I moved back on the bed, but Brandon followed.
   "B-Brandon?! W-what are you d-doing?!" I stammered.
   "You should be scared of me." Brandon stared at me coldly, "I'm a cold-blooded killer. Ashleigh wasn't afraid of me, but you are, which means that maybe I have a chance to save you three from dying by the hands of the Maverick Clan."
    Something stirred within me. I had an angry feeling in my stomach and with all the power in my leg, I lashed out a powerful kick that made him stagger back.
    "What a powerful kick." Brandon murmured, then he grabbed my wrist and pulled me close to him, looked me in the eyes and said, "But not powerful enough."
    Our eyes burned into each others and for a moment it felt like we were trying to see into each others very beings.
    The door swung open and Kyle came in saying, "Brandon, I can't find Destiny. Do you know where she is?"
   Me and Brandon's position must of looked wrong to Kyle because his eyes turned an angry shade of black.
   "What's going on here?" Kyle asked in a quiet tone.
   I have never seen him angry for he is usually sweet and gentle.
   "Nothing." Brandon let go of me, "You may take your leave now, Destiny."
   I nodded before leaving the room and walking to my own.
   "What were you doing in his room?" Kyle interrogated.
   "It's just as Brandon said, 'Nothing'." I told him. This must of been a wrong answer because when I looked back, he had punched a gaping hole in the wall. It was the first time I felt afraid of Kyle.
   "You are mine." Kyle growled, "And you belong to me, you hear?"
   Anger flared inside me once more as I lashed back, "I am NOT an object!"
   Kyle crossed his arms and turned around saying, "Fine then. I don't care what you do." With that, he walked away.
   I stormed off into my room. I didn't want to stay in this house for any longer, but I didn't have an courage. If only the anger I felt gave me courage, then I would of been out the door long ago. I decided to do the only thing I could do. I went to Ashleigh's room.
   It was nice and messy just like always. I opened her closet up and took her outfit of the skirt, shirt, shoes, and gloves. I quickly put them on and they were a nice fit. To finish off my outfit, I took her beanie and put it on my head. I felt courage coarse through my veins. And with that, I packed my bag and left to find Ashleigh.


© 2010 Ashimoto


Author's Note

Ashimoto
Destiny is going to get totally bad ass. Read to find out. Review: Please And Thank You! :P

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Dude, I LOVE when guys get jealous. No idea why, but I just can't help but smile, you know?? >:D

Posted 13 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Rae
Men get so jealous. Read the next chapter. It's a Bryer chapter, and no he won't be having dreams. At least, not yet. :D

Posted 13 Years Ago


Destiny reminds me of Sakura from Naruto. She is useless for God-knows HOW long, but in Shippuden she is all bad a*s.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I can't wait to see Destiny get badass. This is why I read. Lol.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

282 Views
4 Reviews
Added on August 27, 2010
Last Updated on August 28, 2010


Author

Ashimoto
Ashimoto

Adalwolfa, Amaterasu



About
New bio time! I'm Ash, as you all know, and this is my profile. I like writing because it lets me vent out all my emotions, be they positive or negative. I'm just not all that good at it. I try my har.. more..

Writing
Still Doll Still Doll

A Book by Ashimoto


Still Doll Still Doll

A Story by Ashimoto