Unnoticed chapter 10

Unnoticed chapter 10

A Chapter by Tavionna

10

Michael

            I come to work the next day to find a large box of chocolates on my desk. It also came with a single gladiola, and a note. It was still written in cursive and it said:

Dear Michael,

I’m really looking forward to New Year’s tonight! It will be just the two of us sitting, and enjoying the night of a new year. Luckily, central park isn’t far from my house. They have lots of colorful fireworks that has a really good view. I live on the 18th floor of my building. In apartment 9T remember to be there by 6:00p.m

                                                     ,Tae

            I felt the butterflies tingle in my stomach when I read the part that stated “just the two of us.” I sighed in thought of Tae and I alone on New Year’s together. I knew many things could happen tonight, and she finally can be my girl. I turn around to see Tae passing by with a stack of papers. She smiled as she walked on, and I swore my heart melted at the sight of that beautiful smile.

            I managed to get off work early, and freshen up. I put on my favorite white button shirt, and black pants. I took my hair out of my ponytail, and just let my dark curls free. I slip on my shiny black loafers, and slip out of my house. I drive to the large penthouse, and make my way to the elevator. It was 6:00p.m and the sun had already set. I bought Tae a pretty diamond crescent moon ring, and I thought she might like it. I wait as the elevator made it to the 18th floor. I walked into the quite fancy looking hallway. It had baby blue wall paper and soft yellow carpet. I memorized Tae’s address, and finally found it. I cautiously knocked on the door, and took deep breaths. I hid the ring in my pocket because I wasn’t going to give the ring until midnight. Tae opened up the door, and my mouth almost dropped.

            Tae was dressed in a sparkly silver dress. She looked up at me with excitement beaming in her eyes.

            “Hi,” she beamed “come in.” I walked in and it was a beautiful apartment. The living room had large windows with their black curtains drawn back. A large plasma TV was flashing out images of smiling people down in Times Square. Tae grabbed my hand and sat me down on the couch next to her.

            “We are going to stay up,” Tae said “It’s going to be fun!”

            Hours passed, Tae and I watched people dancing and jumping for joy because of the large festivities down in Times Square. I looked at the clock and it was 11:30p.m. Tae accidentally fell asleep on me, and she was curled up on my chest. I actually put her there, but I had to wake her up.

            “Tae wake up,” I called to her softly “You should stay up its 30min till.” Tae opened up her big gold eyes, and I lifted her chin up.

            “Did I fall asleep,” she asked softly “I didn’t mean too.” I smiled at her softly, and removed a strand of hair from her face.

            “It’s okay,” I replied “I’m sure you have something to help us stay awake.” Tae jumped up, and ran into the kitchen. She came back with two slices of chocolate cake.

            “I hope this works,” Tae said smiling at me.

            It was five minutes until the New Year; Tae pulled the couch to the large living room windows. She yanked me on the couch with her.

            “Hurry we must say our new year’s resolution,” Tae urged “it was a tradition my family always did five minutes before the count down. Then, we believed the fireworks would make our resolution come true.” I liked that tradition it brings back so many memories.

            “I’ll go first,” Tae said “mine is to enjoy life while I can. Before, I die I want to make sure I would have the fun of it.” I smiled and looked at the time we only had a minute left!

            “What’s your resolution Michael,” Tae asked “I want to hear it.” I felt a huge rush of emotions come to me, and all of it was love.

            “You,” I replied “it’s you.” Tae stared at me with a clueless face.

            “Huh?” she said

            “I want you to be mine,” I answered “and I would promise to take care of you. I’ll love you nonstop even if you mess up.” Tae’s gold eye’s widened as if she never heard these words before in her life.

            “Michael,” she said in a softer tone “you wouldn’t.” I took out the diamond ring and placed it on her finger.

            “Tae, I love you,” I continued “it’s how it’s been since you walked through the door before the Christmas party.” I saw a tear roll down Tae’s face.

            “Michael,” Tae replied “I love you too.” More tears rolled down her cheeks, and then she hugged me. I heard her beginning to sob on me.

            “Tae don’t cry,” I said “please don’t cry.” Tae looked up at me with a tear streaked face. I wiped the tears from her eyes.

            “But I-,” she started I stopped her from saying another word by putting a finger to her lips.

            “Not another word,” I said “not another word.” I bent over and kissed her on the lips, and it went on for ages. Then, noises and explosions came from outside. I looked at the time it was 12:00a.m the New Year had just started. Tae and I stared outside the window as we watched the fireworks explode like large flowers. They flashed in reds, blues, greens, and oranges. Tae was lying on my chest while I held her close to me.

            “Happy New Year’s Michael,” I heard Tae yawn “I love you.”

            “I love you too,” I replied.

            When, the fireworks were over I tuck Tae in bed. Before I could leave I watched over Tae for a little while stroking her long dark hair. I was about to get off the bed when Tae grabbed my hand.

            “No, don’t leave,” she called out “I want you to stay here with me.”

            “But Tae I have to go home,” I replied “I have to work on some paper work.”

            “Please,” Tae pleaded “just one night.” It was hard to say no, so I got in the bed with Tae. I took Tae in my arms, and then fell asleep.



© 2013 Tavionna


Author's Note

Tavionna
REVIEWS, REVIEWS, REVIEWS! I want them all please any reviews comments I open to them!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

148 Views
Added on January 25, 2013
Last Updated on January 25, 2013


Author

Tavionna
Tavionna

iwakuni, chubu, Japan



About
I love music and enjoy fantasy stories. I love Michael Jackson he is my insporation. I currently living in another country which is Iwakuni Japan. I love it here and the people. Im not japanese but i .. more..

Writing
Surgery Surgery

A Poem by Tavionna


Myself Myself

A Poem by Tavionna