Unnoticed chapter 13

Unnoticed chapter 13

A Chapter by Tavionna

13

Tae

            I came back one hour before I had to go to work. Michael had to leave early because he goes to work an hour before I do. It was fine with me I was too guilty to face him right now. I take a quick shower, and just slip on my business clothes. I brush my long dark hair then grab my things, and then head out through the door. I don’t bother for eating breakfast because I don’t like it. I think breakfast food was a little too sweet or a little too salty, so I just skip to lunch and dinner. 

I drive to work and sneak past Michael’s office. I saw him reading something on his computer then writing something down. I didn’t want to bother him, and then I come to find piles of roses, candies, and notes on my desk. It was from men that I hardly knew in this business office. All the notes where invites to dinners they wanted me to attend. They have been doing this ever since I got this phone business job. I give an annoyed sigh then throw all of it away.

I gave the janitor my trash, and he stared at me oddly.

“Suitors,” I said “don’t ask.”

“I see,” the janitor replied “of course they would give this to a woman like you. I think you got the looks.” I watched him walk on with his cleaning equipment cart. Finally, someone who understands, and he was just a janitor! I turn to my computer console, and began to read important e-mails. Then, noises of girlish laughter floated through the quiet office. I already knew what that meant, and it meant May was back from her trip.

“Hey Tae,” May’s joyful voice sung “it’s nice to see you again.” I turn to her in my roller chair.

“Hi,” I reply nicely “it’s nice to see you too.” I was really tired because the rest of my night was walking in the dark alleys of New York.

“Tae you alright,” May asked “you look really sleepy did you get enough rest last night?”

“No,” I replied “too many nightmares.” May nodded sadly, and then she began to tell me all about her trip to Arizona. I listened wishing I would have gone to Arizona.

Later, I was still feeling my pain of guilt choke me while doing paperwork. Then, I felt Michael’s comforting presence, and he was nearby my folder cut looking office. My office was like the one you saw in the movie “The Incredibles.” It was small and May was on the other side of my wall. I looked up at Michael, and he was faced in my direction. He was looking down and shuffling through paperwork.

“I’m sorry Michael,” I thought “I didn’t want to hurt you last night.” As if he heard my thoughts he looked up in my direction. Our eyes met and an odd connection faltered through the air. I felt my cheeks burn out of guilt, and I quickly look away. I’m so stupid; I don’t know whether to tell him. No, I couldn’t he really would be afraid, and then tell on me. I would be stuck in prison for life!

“Tae are you okay,” Michael’s voice tore through my mental debate. I looked up at him and wondered when he got here.

“Yeah, of course,” I lied “never better.” Damn, I need to stop lying, but he would fall for it. I’m just good like that and this fake smile I plastered on my face just now would help the cause. Michael looked at me still with a concerned matter, and then he walked up to my desk.

“Okay,” he sighed “but if there is anything I promise you we could work things out.” I looked down at my hands, and I saw Michal sit down in a chair in front of me through the corner in my eye. Then, Michael’s warm hand held mine, and I looked at him.

“I promise,” he said “we are a team now, and we are in this together.” He smiled and then he got up and left. I sat there a little touched by what he said, but dread still held onto me like a weight. If only it was easy to tell him about my past, but it was too hard. I wouldn’t know how he would react if he found out about my horrid past.

“Hey,” a voice teased “I think I saw some romance going on down here.” I look up and May was looking down at me from over the wall. I jumped back in surprise.

“May how long have you been there,” I asked “you didn’t hear our conversation did you?” May gave me a grin of sneakiness, and popped her head back down. She came into my office, and looked at me.

“I heard and saw everything,” May replied “are you and Michael dating?” I felt my cheeks burn and then I sigh.

“Yes,” I said “we are.” May’s eyes brightened to a sparkling crystal blue.

“Seriously, when did this happen,” she asked “give me all the details.” I told her about the date I went on with Michael to Marisol’s, and how he kissed me on New Year’s. Then, I showed her the crescent moon diamond ring he gave me on New Year’s.

“Wow,” May exclaimed “pretty soon I wouldn’t be surprised if you guys start exchanging wedding vows.”

“May we are not there yet,” I complained “I know we are not.” May shrugged and began to walk out.

“You don’t know,” May said as she left “he might be thinking about it.” I rolled my eyes and continued my paperwork. May talks way too much nonsense why would Michael ever think about marriage? It’s too soon, besides my dark secrets from my past would make him sign divorce papers a second right after the ceremony.  

.                           .                                                       .

 Oh no, my knife where is it? I hear a knocking at my front door. Michael walks into the living room with a confused look on his face.

“Baby what’s going on,” He asks. I was about to say something, but more harsh knocking comes from the front door.

“Open up,” a voice says “this the police you are under arrest.” I stood there clueless I didn’t know what to do.  Suddenly, the doors bust open and the police flooded my apartment. They grabbed me I tried to pull away, but they were stronger. I fell to the floor while being dragged out.

“No,” I cried “Leave me be please!” I saw the look on Michael’s face it was filled with sympathy. The police tried to pull me harder out the door.

“Stop it,” I shouted “let me go home please! Leave me alone!” They dragged me and dragged me.

I jumped out of my sleep breathing hard. I felt sweat on my hands and my forehead. I looked around the room in relief. I nodded my head again in disbelief, and I start to sob. I couldn’t help it my own past was haunting me in my sleep. I heard Michael stir awake from his sleep, and then I felt his stare on me. I was still sobbing into my hands, and it didn’t feel good because I hated crying.

“Baby, what’s wrong,” he asked softly as he sat up “why are you crying.” I couldn’t answer the sobs kept pushing my words away, so I couldn’t speak out my answer. Michael took me into his arms, and hugged me close tight. It felt so good to have someone there, and I began to feel better that Michael was there. My sobbing died down to hiccups, and I just sat there in Michael’s arms staring at nothing.

“Are you feeling better,” Michael asked calmly “can you now tell me why you were crying.” I looked up at him, and I couldn’t say about my murdering.

“I had a nightmare,” I replied softly “that’s all.” Michael gave me a sympathy look, and then gave me a kiss on the forehead.

“It’s alright,” he said “we all do, we should go back to sleep.” I looked at the time it was 10:30p.m. Michael and I went to bed early because Michael though I looked tired. I lay back down on the pillow, and heard Michael do the same. I closed my eyes and hoped for a better dream. Instead, another nightmare hit me in my sleep, and this time it was about me getting sliced into pieces by my lucky knife. I jumped up again, and I couldn’t handle this anymore. I snuck out of bed, and went out on the balcony which was a part of my bedroom. I softly closed the doors so I wouldn’t wake Michael up. I stared out at the city view looking at millions of twinkling New York lights.

I decided not go to go to sleep for the rest of the night, and the nights to come. I just sat there and waited on the balcony for the sun to rise. There was nothing I can do about these nightmares. I also had guilt and sadness when I thought about Michael. If he finds out it would be my fault he would have to suffer pain. Every time, I went on the balcony I sobbed my eyes out. Great, just great I’m stuck in a huge tangle there was nothing I could do.



© 2013 Tavionna


Author's Note

Tavionna
REVIEWS, I ask comments please some comments!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

nice very nice it's getting really good.


Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

191 Views
1 Review
Added on January 25, 2013
Last Updated on January 25, 2013


Author

Tavionna
Tavionna

iwakuni, chubu, Japan



About
I love music and enjoy fantasy stories. I love Michael Jackson he is my insporation. I currently living in another country which is Iwakuni Japan. I love it here and the people. Im not japanese but i .. more..

Writing
Surgery Surgery

A Poem by Tavionna


Myself Myself

A Poem by Tavionna