She's the man pt 5

She's the man pt 5

A Chapter by TheEverHungryOne
"

the long awaited final chap is here ;) will Sarah and Jack resolve things? read and find out!

"
The Song

Sarah sat at her desk writing. However she was not writing her art history essay like she was supposed to be. No, she was writing a song. Just lyric's at the moment, but she hoped that one day it could be more than that. The night before Rachel had dragged her, Jack, and Allen out to go star gazing for a meteor shower. Sarah had noticed that her friend and gotten very close her roommate. Though Allen still called her "Ryan", Sarah noticed that he had long since ceased to treat her as a boy. She and Jack had retreated to give the two some space. They had laid together in the grass chatting for a while and staring at the stars. 
Sarah wasn't sure when she had drifted off to sleep. However she wasn't sure she would ever forget waking up; safe and warm in Jack's arms, the sky alight with meteors... Jack's soft peaceful expression as he slept. Then he had opened his eyes and Sarah swore her heart stopped beating. She had entertained the idea of being romantic with Jack before, but never before had she wanted him to kiss her like then. For a moment she thought he would too... then he just smiled and sat up and tousled her hair with a "Aamir, I think we better join the others" and stood up striding off. As she stared after him she felt the words to the song she now wrote resonate within her;

You're a dream I've always wanted

You're a dream I've never had

If only it were real

If only it were true

For me to be with you.

 

I've dremt of you and me

And how I wish it to be real

But that is not the case, for it is a dream I'll never have.

 

We see each other

But we've never had the chance to talk

For it was all a dream

A dream I'll never have.

 

(x2)

You're a dream I've always wanted

You're a dream I've never had

If only it were real

If only it were true

For me to be with you.

 

~Instrumental~

 

(Repeat song twice)

 

So as you can see

It can never be

For you were just a dream

A dream I'll never have....


"Hey Aamir?! you here?!" called a voice as someone banged on her door. Sarah set down her writing and walked over to the door wondering who it could be.
"Hey Aamir-kun! looking dashing as always, tripped over any swooning ladies lately?" grinned Jack's little brother Oz leaning on the door way.
"Hello to you too Oz." laughed Sarah, "Did you need something?"
"Alice and I were going to go on a date to the movies, but Sharon-san said Break would have to come too if we couldn't find a suitable Chaperon. Jack-niisan would tease me the whole time and Gil-kun would bicker with Alice. Please! will you come Aamir-kun?! I'll pay for your movie ticket!" begged Oz with puppy dog eyes.
"Okay, I'll come," laughed Sarah, "Let me just grab my wallet."
As she dashed out the door she completely forgot that she had left her song out on her desk...
****
"Ryan? I thought for sure you'd be hanging out with Aamir." commented Jack in surprise as he and Allen happened across their friend sprawled comfortably on the couch in the corner of a coffee shop.
"I was going to study for finals with him today, but he called and canceled. It was confusing but I think he went on a date to that new movie at 10:00 am today." said Rachel shrugging. They all knew Sarah was a girl, but they still referred to her as "Ryan" incase there was any people from the collage around.
"That's funny, didn't Sharon say Oz was going on a date to that movie at that time too?" commented Allen, beside him Jack froze.
"Hmm? you think they're going out? but I thought Oz was going out with Alice, and does he even know that "he" is actually a "she"?" commented Rachel frowning.
"Who knows, but it sure sounds like they're going out-" began Allen but was interrupted by Jack slamming his fist down on the table.
"Over. my. dead. body... my little brother is not going to steal her from me!" hissed Jack and marched purposefully out of the cafe.
"Well there goes my ride..." commented Allen dryly plopping down across from Rachel.
"Oh dear, why do I think that's not going to end well..." commented Rachel worriedly.
"Nothing we can do about it." sighed Allen. Rachel nodded and tried to go back to her studying, but without much success.
"Here, you're not making any head way like this," commented Allen, "Why don't we go to our secret place and I can study with you there... it's much quieter there."
"You just want me to where girls cloths." accused Rachel of her secret boyfriend.
"I won't deny it." grinned Allen.
"Shameless flirt." commented Rachel with a laugh moving to grab her stuff.
****
Jack sighed.
That had given him a scare. He had never considered the possibly of somebody taking his Aamir away from him given that nobody save a handful of people knew her real gender. The rage he had felt when he had though his little brother was stealing her away from him (he had arrived at the movie theater and immediately discovered the real situation... that did not stop him from stalking them the whole date) had brought to light the fact that his dear roommate wasn't actually his. The way she looked at him sometimes made him dare to hope that perhaps she might feel the same. However Jack was at a loss of how to go about confirming or strengthening that feeling; it wasn't very easy to flirt with your girl-pretending-to-be-boy roommate. 
Tonight Aamir was sleeping over with her friends so Jack trudged into his room alone to go to bed. It felt empty with out his joyous companion. With a jolt he realized that this is what it would be like forever after school ended. She had made it very clear that she did not intend to room with him the next year... Jack let out a frustrated breath. He and Allen needed to come up with a plan soon or they would be sure to lose them... or at least that is what he was afraid of.
As he prepared for bed Jack began to think furiously. He wasn't a evil little genius for nothing. Before anything else though, he decided, he would need to confront her about her cross dressing. But how would he even begin to broach that subject? Jack wondered as he came out of the bathroom. He flicked off the lights and it was then that Jack noticed that Aamir had left her desk light on. He wandered over to it, but paused with his hand on the switch as he caught sight of a certain piece sheet of lyric's...
****
"Hey Aamir- oh my gosh Sarah what are you doing?!" demanded Rachel stoping in the doorway; It looked like a tornado had gone through Sarah and Jack's room.
"Rachel! it's terrible! I can't find it!" wailed Sarah madly looking through her papers.
"Shh! you know better than to call me that here!" Rachel reprimanded quickly glancing around to make sure no one had heard, "What are you missing that is making you rip apart your room?"
"I-I wrote a song the other day and I left it here on the desk and now I can't find it anywhere! and it's not something I want to just lay around where Jack might find it." fretted Sarah.
"I'll help you look for it after my calculus final," promised Rachel, "And speaking of Jack, he's looking for you. He asked me to ask you to go meet him at that old grave yard with the freaking giant tree."
"I wonder why...?" muttered Sarah distractedly as she kept searching.
"Aamir... he looked serious, I think you should go now." said Rachel flatly.
"But I-(Rachel raised her eyebrows)- I just- (she raised them a little higher)- ugh! fine!" said Sarah.

"Jack?" called Sarah clambering down the ancient stairway to the single grave underneath a great tree.
"Where could he be?" muttered Sarah as no answer came. Presently she heard the sound of a music box playing a soft, sweet, sad tune that was both unfamiliar and familiar to her for some reason. The sound came closer and Sarah turned to see Jack coming closer to her holding a exquisite pocket watch from which the song came tinkling.
"Hello Aamir, I am glad you could make it, I had something important to ask you." asked Jack smiling, though Sarah noticed that he was strangely nervous.
"No problem, that is a beautiful pocket watch. Did you write that song?" asked Sarah curiously.
"I built the watch, but the song was written by someone else." said Jack.
"Really? who?" asked Sarah.
"A girl that I've been in love with for a long time, but she won't tell me her real name." said Jack softly. Sarah felt like her heart was breaking; Jack loved someone else...
"O-oh... t-that is..." said Sarah fighting tears.
"I was wondering if you might tell me her name, can you recognize her hand writing?" asked Jack innocently handing her a piece of note book paper.
"Y-yeah, sure." sniffed Sarah taking it, if it made Jack happy... what could she do but support them, even if it broke her heart... after all... she loved him. However when Sarah began to read to lyric's her eyes widened; 

You're a dream I've always wanted

You're a dream I've never had

If only it were real

If only it were true

For me to be with you.

 

I've dremt of you and me

And how I wish it to be real

But that is not the case, for it is a dream I'll never have.

 

We see each other

But we've never had the chance to talk

For it was all a dream

A dream I'll never have.

 

(x2)

You're a dream I've always wanted

You're a dream I've never had

If only it were real

If only it were true

For me to be with you.

 

~Instrumental~

 

(Repeat song twice)

 

So as you can see

It can never be

For you were just a dream

A dream I'll never have....


It doesn't have to be a dream...


"So..." whispered Jack drawing close to her, Sarah felt like her heart had stopped only to pick back up double time, "Can you tell me her name?" Sarah turned to look up into his sparkling green eyes.

"...Sarah..." whispered Sarah.

"Sarah... of course... my little princess..." whispered Jack closing his eyes before opening them and taking her chin and finally, finally, kissing her long and deeply.

****

"About time." muttered Rachel peering through the binoculars from the tree she and Allen were perched in at the love birds below.

"Good." smiled Allen.

"Wow, Jack looks like a really good kisser." commented Rachel.

"Do you need me to prove to you that I am still better?" asked Allen suddenly jealous.

"As lovely as that sounds, let's save it for another time." laughed Rachel.

"I suppose now maybe we can convince you guys to share a apartment with us next semester?" asked Allen innocently.

"Bad boy, you just want me to cook for you and to kiss me whenever you like." accused Rachel.

"I won't deny it... and I am sure Jack would agree." laughed Allen kissing Rachel on the cheek.

"Ah Sarah... What boys have we landed ourselves with?" laughed Rachel.

"The best." grinned Allen.




© 2012 TheEverHungryOne


Author's Note

TheEverHungryOne
There you go Sarah, completed "She's the Man"! hope you liked! Hope you liked having the song you wrote in there!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Kore wa kawaii desu!! i loved the ending but i would still inspect this man!! FIVE STARS!! OR A MILLION IF THERE WAS SUCH A THING!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Oh my gosh! I totally love how you put my song in it!

X///////X

G-gaaaa! J-Jack put my song into into his pocket watch!!!!!
Eeekk!!!!!

I just died and was brought back to life with Jack in front of me.

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

245 Views
2 Reviews
Shelved in 4 Libraries
Added on May 14, 2012
Last Updated on May 14, 2012
Tags: d. grey man, pandora Hearts


Author

TheEverHungryOne
TheEverHungryOne

phx, AZ



About
I LOVE FOOD! other then that I am a Renaissance girl (aka I have a lot of hobbies all of which I do intensely) and i am Dyslexic.... so if my writing gets confusing thats why. Oh and I go to a M.. more..

Writing
Sorted Sorted

A Chapter by TheEverHungryOne