Out of Time

Out of Time

A Chapter by TheEverHungryOne
"

Jack fled the Earl's house, unknowingly leaving behind his little brother. Now the Earl is beginning to suspect that Allen isn't really his son. He sends Road after Jack to make sure... and so also S

"
Out of Time

Jack ran.
There had been blood. The Noah of Dreams cackling madly as the candles sliced away at flesh.
Jack ran.
"Your father is coming back for us," his mother had said so many times, "He cares for us."
Jack ran.
The Noah, the chains, the blood... his mother. Jack's eyes blurred with tears.
Jack tripped and fell face first onto the cobble stones and cried. He didn't want to get up. He wanted it to be a dream. He wanted to die. He wanted to wake up....
He wanted to disappear.

17 years later

"Road!" yelled Sarah in horror grabbing onto the Noah-child's arm as she attempted slice up some of the Akuma servants.
"But SaAarah! I am board! I need to kill some stuff!" whined Road. Sarah shuddered, glad, not for the first time, that Road couldn't harm her in her angle form. She wished she had been assigned to a different Noah. One that wasn't so scary. 
"Road! Earl-sama is calling for you, lero." said the pumpkin umbrella poking its head through the door. Probably wondering why the Noah of Dreams was talking to herself (only Road could see Sarah) but then again Road was crazy, so maybe not.
"Okaaay!" sang Road snatching the umbrella before it could flee and walking down the hallway whacking lero on every possible surface. Sarah sighed, knowing it was no use trying to convince the insane Noah to have pity on the pumpkin umbrella, and simply fallowed invisibly behind. 
"Road my dear! I have a mission for you!" sang the Earl scooping up a delighted Noah of Dreams.
"Really?! do I get to see Allen?" asked Road excitedly. Sarah listened worriedly: Allen was Yasmine's charge, and Rachel's sweetheart. If Road was going on a mission to harm him Sarah would have to try and get word ahead of them to her friends.
"Not this time, though it's not totally unrelated to him." said the Earl.
"Ooh? how so?" asked Road eagerly.
"See this boy?" said Earl holding up a black and white picture of someone Sarah couldn't see, "He used to live here in this house, but he disappeared on the same day the Heart decided to make her last stand against us and hide the innocence. I want you to go find him. It's possible that he may know something about what is happening with Allen. Either way I want you to bring him back here."
"May I play with him first?" asked Road with sickening enthusiasm. Sarah shuddered.
"You may! So long as his memories are intact I don't care what happens to the rest of him!" said the Earl brightly. Sarah's blood ran cold. While the Earl and Road gushed about all the things she was and wasn't allowed to do to her target Sarah reached forward and stole the file and picture on the boy and the crept out of the room. She quickly checked the location and name of the boy before shoving open a near by window and taking flight. She may not know this person but no one deserved to be Road's plaything.
Sarah was going to try her best to protect the Jack Vessalius.

*in a town many miles from the Noah Mansion*

"Ugh! why isn't Jack where he's supposed to be!" said Sarah close to hysterics, "The longer it takes me to find him the more likely it is that Road will find him before me and do something horrid!"
Sarah sat down huffing on a bench in a small ally way watching the people bustle past. She had searched all over town for Jack but apparently he had frolicked off to who knows where, ignoring all the appointments he was supposed to be at, and not even his best friend Glen or his charge Alice knew where he might be. Drawing her knees unto her chest Sarah tiredly rested her on them closing her eyes. She was taking a big risk here, she couldn't stay in her angle form or Jack wouldn't be able to see her, but if one of the Noah (particularly Road, who was probably also in the vicinity) found her in this venerable state she was toast. (she could just picture Road eating her going NOM NOM NOM) However her gut told her that Jack was important. The Earl didn't take people in to interrogate, he killed them. Also he had said that Jack might a clue to what in the world was going on with poor Allen(and she supposed Neah too) Yasmine and Rachel were going out of their minds with worry. Even if it was just little, she needed to try and help, and it looked like Jack was the best way to do that right now.
"A flower for your flattery pretty lady?" asked a warm, playful, voice. Sarah looked up and felt her heart jump into her that. Before her stood a charming young man with long golden hair and green eyes.
"Ah-" said Sarah intelligently her mouth falling open. The man grinned, probably knowing the reason for her reaction, and stooped and tucked a flower in her hair.
"There..." he whispered in her ear making Sarah shiver (wether from shock or excitement she wasn't sure), "You're beautiful."
"U-u-uh t-thanks." managed Sarah, completely flustered.
"A penny for your thoughts?" asked the man smiling charmingly sitting next to her and pulling a bright copper penny from behind her ear.
"Um..." said Sarah uncertainly taking the penny, "I was just trying to figure out what to do next. I am looking for somebody, and it's really important that I find him, but..." Sarah shrugged her shoulders hopelessly.
"Oh? maybe I could help. I know just about ever person in this town." said the man flashing her another smile. Sarah blushed and hurriedly busied herself with looking for the file in her bag. This man was clearly a flirt (a very charming, sweet, good looking flirt she might add) she needed to keep her guard up... though it was very nice of him to offer his help, and he seemed to genuinely want to help her.
"Let's see... his name is... Jack," she said squinting at the name on the paper, "Jack Vesalius."
"Jack Vesalius?" said the man blinking in surprise before bursting out laughing.
"What?" asked Sarah pouting.
"Ah... princess," laughed the man leaning his head on her should quaking with mirth. "I think it was fate that we met." 
"Why?" Sarah's heart was fluttering dangerously. 'no' she reprimanded herself, 'I can't fall for this stranger.'
"Because, princess," he said pushing her hair aside to whisper in her ear, "I am Jack Vesalius."
Sarah's eyes widened.
Jack's green eyes twinkled back.


© 2012 TheEverHungryOne


Author's Note

TheEverHungryOne
I might draw a picture for this one too :D I am inspired.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Cute:)

Posted 11 Years Ago


that was really nice :D so cute~

Posted 11 Years Ago


Kaaaa!!!! So kawaii!!!! @////@ I died! More! I wanna know what happens next! (When you can put up more)

I loved it, I loved it, I loved it, I loved it, I loved it, I loved it, I LOVED IT!!!!
@///////@
Gaa! Jack, he's the best stranger I could meet considering Road scaring me every day in the Ark!

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

130 Views
3 Reviews
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on June 19, 2012
Last Updated on June 22, 2012
Tags: pandora Hearts, d. grey man


Author

TheEverHungryOne
TheEverHungryOne

phx, AZ



About
I LOVE FOOD! other then that I am a Renaissance girl (aka I have a lot of hobbies all of which I do intensely) and i am Dyslexic.... so if my writing gets confusing thats why. Oh and I go to a M.. more..

Writing
Sorted Sorted

A Chapter by TheEverHungryOne