5

5

A Chapter by bunnehbooh

I looked at my hands, like they were some kind of nasty bugs, “I felt them getting stronger as time passed.”


Jackson knelled beside me, “Can I do that again, to see what happens?”


I looked into his eyes, and my heart felt like it literally stopped, I slowly nodded. He slowly moved closer hands on my sides pushing me back against my bed. He hovered over me for a second, then closed the distance at a painstakingly slow pace. I looked into his eyes, which were a beautiful mint green color, almost blue in color, they got a shade darker.


His lips touched mine, and this time instead of it being weak, it came on strong, almost painfully strong. I squirmed under Jackson, who just kissed me harder, I will admit, it took away some of the uncomfortable feel from the fire and ice combo inside of me. I felt his body tense on top of mine, and he went to pull back but my hands caught the back of his head, pulling him down to me again.


The fire was going wild, the ice was barely keeping up with it at that moment, he removed his lips from mine, slowly trailing down my jaw and my neck. He stopped at my collarbone. I felt his fingers touching the skin on my upper thigh, I looked and he had the entire bottom part of my skirt pushed up, with his one hand underneath it.


He breathed on my neck, and laid his head down on my chest, “I'm sorry that went too far.” He pulled his hand out from under my skirt, “I tried to stop myself, but, you pulled me back.”


I pushed him off of me, and sat up, “You got to test it, what happened do you think?”


He sat up beside me on my bed, “Try to light something on fire.”


“How?”


He shrugged, “All I do is think fire, and I have fire in my hands, but it's different for everyone.”


Okay, that really helps I look at the mostly empty room, then decide the chair. I pictured a little orange and yellow flame in my hands in my mind, I focused harder on it. I can feel the heat in my body trying to force it's way out, but the cold keeps pushing it back down. I let go of the image, and release my breath, which I'm not sure when but I'd started holding.


“Try ice.” Jackson says from a spot on my bed behind me.


So this time I think about an icicle, clear, cold, and smooth. I hold my hand out, and focus on holding an icicle. I start to feel the cold creeping closer, just to disappear almost as quickly as it approached.


“Well it didn't work. I can feel heat and cold still when I try to summon something, but nothing will summon.”


I sat down on the edge of my bed beside Jackson. He leaned back, clearly deep in thought, and ran his hand through his white hair. I thought about kissing him, my hands in his hair, it was so soft, and cold, like snow, while the rest of him was warm like fire. I want to touch his hair again, see if it was just my imagination. He looked at me, and I remember that I'm starring at him. I jerk around quickly, and started starring at the chair by the window.


He stood up and walked over to the chair, and looked out the window, “This is going to sound weird, but try both at the same time.”


I just looked at him, then turned to face him, I kinda wanted to start him on fire. I pictured the flame in one hand, and the icicles in the other hand. I felt both the heat and cold jump to life, without fighting the other one. I felt the heat on my hand, and the cold in my fist. I walked to my window, that Jackson had opened for me. I lobbed the ice in the air, and shot a small bit of fire from my finger tip at the ice. It melted on impact.


Jackson jumped over my bed, and grabbed my phone, I walked over and slammed the receive down before he finished the number, “No one needs to know about this. Not until I can control it. Know my mom she'll want me to show everyone.”


He looked out the window again, “Your right, you should learn to control it, separately too.”


I smiled at him, “See I knew I was smart somewhere in my head. Now lets go piss my mom off.”


I skipped out of my room, not giving him a chance to respond. I continued to skip down the hall way, and turned around to see Jackson glaring at me. This time I could tell I was going to get a talking to, so I dashed around the corner, right into Donavon.


It wouldn't have been so bad, had I not completely knocked him down, and our lips landed together, he shoved me off, and jumped 3 feet backwards, and stuttered, “Watch where you're going idiot.”


Jackson rounded the corner, fist raised, he went after Donavon, “I don't care if she kicked you in the balls, you don't talk to her that way.” His fist came down and connected with Donavon's shoulder.


Donavon jumped up, “Look, Jackson, I don't know what's going on between you two-” he paused for a second I saw he had mentally kicked himself, “Look I'm just going to go. I'm sorry for being rude.”


Jackson grabbed Donavon by the shirt collar. Donavon towered over him, but he still looked scared. He whimpered for a few minutes, before Jackson picked him up and threw him down.


“D****T!” He fumed, and paced back and forth, “Now I have to make sure you don't tell anyone.”


Donavon slid against the wall, “I swear I won't tell anyone. I didn't mean to see anything, but it was already open when I went to knock.”


Jackson stopped and looked at him again, “Why were you there?”


Donavon looked away, “My mother told me to go treat her like a 'proper' human lady.”


Jackson got more mad, “Were you actually going to do that? To the only person, besides for your mother, that was actually okay talking to you. You must really be st-”


Donavon cut him off, “I wasn't going to, but I also know she told Wade to too, so I had to get there before him, and protect her.”


Jackson stopped doing anything and focused on nothing, he reached out and grabbed my arm, “Thank you Donavon.” We walked off, away from my room.


I fought against him, “What do they mean 'proper' human lady? And where are we going? And why was my ex told to rape me?”


He pulled harder, and started walking faster, “The boys were told to rape you, and we're going to find Wade, and that I actually have no explanation.”


I gaped at him, “Are you serious?”


“Yes, I am”


We stopped at a four way hallway cross, and he focused again, and we made a quick left turn. He sped up, and I could tell we were close to my room again. I looked forwards, and my door was opened.


Jackson grabbed my arm tighter, and walked into my room with me in tow, there was my ex boyfriend of 2 years standing the middle of my room, the grin I'd fallen in love with plastered on his face. His black hair, the exact opposite of Jackson's, slicked back, showing off his overly bright blue eyes.


Him and Jackson stood face to face, while Jackson held me behind him, finally Wade broke the silence, “Angela, dear, how lovely to see you aga-”


“We know why you're here.” Jackson cut in, “ And if anyone is taking that from her, it will be me.” He growled at Wade, who looked unfazed by anything.


“Jackson, you do realize, you are only a servant, with no place to deny me the right to make her mine, again.” Wade took a step to the side, but Jackson followed him, and kept me just out of reach. “If your so protective, why did you bring her here?”


Jackson looked back at me, “Donavon's out there still, and I didn't want to chance anything.”


He gave a cruel, humorless laugh, “Donavon couldn't hurt a fly, even if he wanted to.” Wade jumped towards me, and Jackson jerked me away as quickly as he could.


It wasn't quick enough, one of my light brown curls got caught in Wade's fist. He jerked hard enough, that I was sure he was going to rip my head off, I closed my eyes against the constant pain. Then I felt Jackson let go of me, and felt someone else grabbing me, I opened my eyes.


I was in Wade's arms, and he smirked at Jackson, “That's a good dog. Now leave, so I can treat her like a 'proper' human lady.”


Jackson turned his head, then looked me straight in the eyes, “She's not human.”


Wade laughed, “Yea right, she has no powers so she's human.”


Jackson's eyes pleaded with me, and I got the hint. I immediately started thinking fire in one hand, ice in the other. The time was cut in half, and I stabbed him in the leg with the half formed icicle, he dropped me, and as soon as I hit the ground, I flung fire in his face.


Jackson ran over and grabbed me, and threw me over his shoulder, and he turned tail and ran, right before we left the room, he turned around and flung another fire ball at Wade, who was nursing his wound. We ran down the way I'd original gone earlier, and Donavon was still sitting on the floor. Jackson slowed to a stop next to him and set me down.


Donavon flung his arms around me, “Are you okay?” he looked towards where there was a bunch of noise coming from, “Well, you guys are pretty much dead.”


I smirked, “What makes you say that, he was hit by ice, and Jackson missed the attacker, and hit him instead.”


Jackson and Donavon both looked stunned at me, Jackson murmured, “You're a genius.”


Jackson grabbed my arm, and we went back by my door, but we didn't dare go inside, we could smell the charred flesh. I looked around the door frame, mostly to scare myself so the story seemed real. What I saw melted me to the core, and I almost screamed, but Jackson saved me, putting his hand over my mouth, quieting me down. He handed me to Donavon.


Donavon held me closely, and whispered, “What is it?”


I looked at him, and started crying again, and mouthed, 'nothing'


All I saw when I looked into my room was the spot where Wade had been sitting, that was the only spot that wasn't charred black. There were bones scattered around the room, I'm positive they were Wade's.


I heard Jackson's voice talking to someone, and then someone replied in a high piercing yelling telling him to shut up. My mom, and Donavon's mom walked over to my room. My mom took in the scene, without a change in expression, Donavon's mom on the other hand, shrieked at Jackson again.


“You! You worthless dog! Why would you use a move like that! Even if everyone was in danger! Especially with one of ours in the room!”


My mom put her hand on her friends shoulder, “I know what you told him to do, Jackson didn't care about him any longer. He was okay to sacrifice, by my choices as well, as is your son, whom I sure was there too.” She turned to glare at Donavon.


He looked up at her, “I swear Ma'am, I was never in her room, I backed out, I couldn't do that to her.”


He looked away again, “I believe you Donavon Evans, as for your mother, I can't say I trust her judgement quite so much anymore.” She turned to her friend, “Lucia, I have to ask you to leave.”



© 2015 bunnehbooh


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

198 Views
Added on January 2, 2015
Last Updated on January 29, 2015


Author

bunnehbooh
bunnehbooh

Austin, MN



About
My name is Anna, I go by Bunny. I am 19, and have a son born on June 18th 2014, and currently writing a few short stories, very slowly. On the side, I draw, read, watch anime, and sleep, wait what's t.. more..

Writing
Illaria Illaria

A Story by bunnehbooh


One One

A Chapter by bunnehbooh