13

13

A Chapter by bunnehbooh

She gave out a harsh laugh, "Sounds like him. He'll show up eventually, he always does."



Bianca looked at me, when I looked at her, and we both shrugged, Jackson walked out then, and looked at me, "Don't worry you never met her son. He's been gone for about two weeks, I just haven't been home since then."



Mrs. Boyd walked out with some baggies with cookies in them, "They're not all fresh, but that's because I had to wait for them to cool down, so they wouldn't melt the plastic. Enjoy you're stay in Virginia, and don't forget to come back and say hi. Now that you know about what your mom was hiding, I have so much I want to share with you."



She placed all of the baggies into my pack that Jackson still had, and she walked over and touched my face, "You look so much like your mom, and you look like you're ready to rule over everyone." She kissed my forehead, "I send my best wishes for reuniting the races."



I nodded, "I'll try." Not.



Bianca hopped up, "Oh that's right, we're going to go shopping," She grabbed my hand and pulled me towards the door, "Come on, come on."



I waved to Mrs. Boyd, "Well I'll see you some other time Jennifer."



Bianca had me out the door and she waited a second for Jackson to step out, and she ripped into my bag, and pulled out a baggies of cookies, and started eating them, between bites mummuring, "Mmmm, these are good."



We all walked down stairs again, and out to the street. We start walking to the only store in town that sells these types of clothing. We stood outside of the darkened window, staring in, they'd just closed 15 minutes ago.



Bianca sighed, "Stupid cookies, making us miss the store." She took another bite, and smiled at the cookies.



Alton took the baggie of cookies and ate one, "Wow, these really are good. But you have to stop eating them, we're trying to buy you clothes to exercise with, at least don't make it any harder to lose weight."



Donavon kicked a rock, "So now what, are we just going to stand here?"



Alton and Jackson looked at him, "You must be crazy, lets go to the back alley, I think there's a window back there, and we're going to a different town."



We all walked into the alley, and I had to take a step back from the stench of garbage, Bianca reached behind her and grabbed my hand, dragging me along with her, "Oh it's not that bad."



I covered my nose and mouth with my hand, and Jackson stopped in front of a broken mirror, that wouldn't have fit any of us. He drew a symbol on it, and motioned for Donavon to go through to help on the other side. He laid the mirror flat on the ground, Donavon stepped on it, disappearing down through the mirror. Jackson put his hand out waiting for someone to go, Bianca grabbed his hand and pulled her over to the mirror and explained that she might land on her back but Donavon was there to catch her, then Donavon put his hand through the mirror and gave a thumbs up.



Jackson moved Bianca over the mirror, and let go of her, and down she went, I looked after her, and I heard Jackson say something, "Alton, can you go next, I want to talk to Angela."



Alton shrugged whatever, just as Donavon reached through with a thumbs up. Jackson grabbed Alton, and dropped through the mirror. Now it was just me and him.



He ran his hand through his hair, "Angela, I can tell you're not telling anyone something, so would you please tell me."



I looked at the mirror, "Well, you guys should already know it, you tried to trick me out of it."



He shoved his hands into his pocket, "You still plan on taking off without any protection?"



I walked towards the entrance of the alley, away from him, "Yea, but I am going to keep my promise of getting to know the way the kingdoms work, and I'll stay that long, after that, I'm leaving and I don't want you guys," I gestured to the mirror, "to follow me."



He tilted his head down and shook it slowly, "Yea, I can't do that. You're mom, and dad, would kill me." He looked at me, "I'll keep my distance, but I have to follow you."



I rolled my eyes, and crossed my arms, "Look, you know what I'm hiding, can we please go shopping. I really want to play dress up with you guys."



He scowled, "I never agreed to that."



"Well you have to, you poured water on my head." I looked at him from the corner of my eye.



I looked at the sky, "Technically, Alton poured the water, I just removed your pillow and blanket from you."



I turned and pointed at the mirror, "You left me with no protection from the water, now we are going to go play dress up, Donavon didn't do anything, and he's still going to play dress up with you guys." I walked and stood next to the mirror, "If we go now, I'll make sure Bianca doesn't put any girl clothes on you."



He scrunched up his face, "I don't think I'd look to good in girl clothes."



I looked him up and down, he was a tad too muscular to pull off girl clothing, that was clear enough from the t-shirt that was stretched tight across his chest, "Yea, but that doesn't mean she won't grab them."



"Fine, fine, we'll play dress up, nothing girly, and not too long." he walked up to me.



"We'll discuss the details later." He grabbed my arms and I stepped on the mirror.



When I was centered, he looked at me, "Okay, but I'm sticking with what I said." I was about to respond, when he let go of me.



It felt like I flew through the mirror, even though, it looked like everyone else had gone slowly. I came out on the other side, landing in Donavon's arms. He dropped my feet and stood me up and ushered us away from the window we came out of. We were in another alley, but this one didn't stink anywhere near as bad.



The window lit up for a second, as Jackson came flying out, and landed on his feet, Bianca shouted, "How did you land on your feet, I would have landed on my a*s if I wasn't caught by Prince Charming," She walked over and leaned on Donavon, batting her eyes at him.



Jackson shrugged, "Since I've been doing this since I was little, I'm a lot more used to it then you. Donavon's been forced to travel with me quite a few times, but I can guarantee, he landed on his a*s."



Donavon nodded, seeming like he wasn't the least bit fazed by it, and Bianca touched his chest, "It's okay, you caught everyone else, that still makes a Prince Charming in my book."



Alton tapped Jackson's shoulder, "So are we going shopping?"



Jackson looked at me, "Yeah, and she didn't change her mind, we're all playing dress up."



I looked around us, we were in a big empty space, it looked like an empty lot by a bunch of warehouses. Everything looked grey here, it was extremely disorienting, but I could make out the lights in the distance. I turned towards everyone, but they had all walked away from me, quite a ways away from me. I started walking towards them, when movement to my left behind one of the warehouses caught my eye.



I looked at Jackson, who had just noticed how far back I was, I looked back over, and saw more movement off behind the warehouses, it wasn't slow, they were running, very quickly at that. I decided now was the time to use all my running training, I ran towards Jackson and them, only to have something jump in front of me.



It snarled, and growled at me, I flinched back, then slumped my shoulders. It was a dog, a medium sized dog at that. I'm not sure what breed, but it had long fur, and was being followed by a bunch of other dogs. I looked at Jackson who had stopped everyone from going back and was walking towards me by himself.



He got up to the dogs, whistled and threw a stick, all of the dogs followed, Jackson held out a hand, "So, do you like dogs, because they sure don't like you too much."



I looked at the dog that came out first, it was watching me from an alley between to warehouses, and it just sat there, I glanced at Jackson then back at the dog, "Those are really weird dogs, because most dogs love me, and I love animals."



He looked at the dog still standing there, "I thought the way they targeted you was odd, they aren't regular dogs."



He turned and walked away leaving me staring at the dog, I called over my shoulder, "What are they?"



He must have turned around, "We don't know. We're still trying to figure out, but they really don't like Wims or Virqs, but they know they don't stand a chance against more then one at a time."



I turned towards him and walked, looking over my shoulder every few minutes. As we left the warehouse area, I could still the dogs watching us, it left me feeling like something was wrong. I kept close to the group, but still lead the way to a store. I decided on a brightly lit store that had tank tops in the window.



We walked in, the boys immediately tried to make a beeline away from us, but Bianca grabbed Donavon and Alton, and I grabbed Jackson, Bianca cooed, "I thought we were playing dress up, come on, if you guys go willingly right now, I won't grab anything cutesy and girly." She held up her pinkie, and puckered her lips.



Alton looked at me, "Only if Angela plays with us."



"I'll play dress up, but nothing inappropriate." I flipped my hair back, "I mean, I don't need everyone seeing all of my body."



Bianca jumped up and down, "This is even better."



All three guys followed willing, and went into separate dressing rooms, and I did too. We left Bianca to shop, with all of our clothing sizes. She brought me 5 dresses, and 3 swim suits. I put on the first one, and asked her if it was safe to come out, she told me to wait a minute for Jackson to finish and come out. I decided while I waited, I'd look and see what I had on. In the mirror it was clearly me, but every curve I thought I didn't have was visible. The dress was a tight fitting, floor length light blue, sweet heart with a thick belted waist. Over all very pretty.



Bianca called through the door, "Angela, can you hear me?"



I spun around, "What? Yeah. Sorry, just distracted. I'm coming out now."



I walked out the door, and I heard a few sharp intakes of breath, and Bianca clapped, and exclaimed, "It looks as good as I thought it would. Check out the guys." She gestured to the guys.



Jackson had on white pants and a nice white shirt, and a vest that matched my dress perfectly, I looked him up and down, it looked very good on him, better then the black ones they have him wear during supper. I glanced at Donavon, who had on a black tux with a tie that matched my dress, he didn't really look good in a tux, I pictured him in more rock clothes. Finally I looked at Alton, who had averted his eyes from my dress, while the other two were openingly staring, he was in an all white tux, with his vest, tie and the little thing in his pocket matching my dress.



I looked at Bianca, and gestured to the guys, "Why do they all match my dress?"



She beamed at all of us, "Well they all like you, so I just want to see, sadly, I don't think tux's work for Donavon, so I'll be taking all of the tux's back from you." she walked into his dressing room, and came out holding a few outfits, "I'll grab you something else to try on. Just take that off before I get back."



I leaned against the wall, while Donavon went in to take off the tux he had on, Jackson walked up to me, and took my hand, "You look beautiful."



I smiled at my feet, "Yea I guess I do." Okay, I looked amazing, I knew it.



The rest of the night went off great, all of the dresses looked great on me, but I refused to put on the swim suits. Which upset all of them. We finally got done letting Bianca dress us up, then we went and picked up some clothes for her, all exercise clothing, a few tank tops, some yoga pants, and I picked myself up a few pairs of jeans, and another couple pairs of yoga pants.



© 2015 bunnehbooh


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

128 Views
Added on January 22, 2015
Last Updated on January 29, 2015


Author

bunnehbooh
bunnehbooh

Austin, MN



About
My name is Anna, I go by Bunny. I am 19, and have a son born on June 18th 2014, and currently writing a few short stories, very slowly. On the side, I draw, read, watch anime, and sleep, wait what's t.. more..

Writing
Illaria Illaria

A Story by bunnehbooh


One One

A Chapter by bunnehbooh