7

7

A Chapter by bunnehbooh

 Jackson and Donavon still hadn't shown up, it'd been ten minutes already, I sat down beside the closet door, where a full length mirror was hung. There was something wrong, I could feel it, but I couldn't figure out what it was. I stood up, and then I felt something else. I felt a calming sensation fall over my entire being.


I looked around the room, nothing seemed out of place, but the calming effect felt safe. I started getting dizzy, so I attempted to walk over to the bed, only to land on my side beside it. I finally managed to crawl on top of the bed, and I curled into a ball, starring out the window into the dark night sky. My eyes slowly drifted closed, to a peaceful sleep, I'd been awake for far too long.


When I finally woke up the sun was up, and I looked around myself. It was a small room, in a cabin, I walked into the rest of the cabin. Everything was made out of wood, with three doors, the one I came out of, one going into an unbelievable small bathroom, with barely any room to stand, and one going outside. I decided to stay safe and stay in the cabin.


The main room had a couch and a fire place, and was connected to a kitchenette, which unlike the other house we were supposed to leave Lucia at, was bare. I walked back into the little bedroom, trying to figure out why Donavon and Jackson weren't here yet. I reached out to touch the mirror, and my hand went through.


I decided now would be a great time to be adventurous. I stepped back through the mirror, back into the house. I looked around, everything was thrown to a different place, there was no one that I could see. I walked into the bed room where the fight had started, hoping for some sort of sign that they were all okay. There was nothing, but everything in here was soaking wet and parts of it were burnt. I walked out to the kitchen, and opened the cupboards taking out a granola bar.


I stood in one spot and opened my granola bar, as his heat appeared beside me, “Well, are you ready to come?”


I took a bite, “Do you have everyone, uninjured?”


“Do I have everyone? Yes. Uninjured? No. If you want them back alive you have to come with me.”


I gave that some thought, eating my granola bar, “What does the king want with me?”


“I don't know.” he looked uneasy.


“Then why do you have to pick me up? Why won't he tell you why I'm so important that you have to find me every time I'm not protected?” I countered.


He stammered, “Look lady, I really don't know, but King Jason said he needs to see you. With his own eyes.”


I stopped, “Tell me more about the king.”


“Like what?”


“His full name for starters.”


“King Jason Kinley the first. Why does tha-”


I cut him off, “So you're telling me my dad's not only alive, but he's your king.”


He took a step back, “I'm telling you whatever you need to hear to get you to come with me. Now would you just come with me.”


I looked at him, “I want to see my dad.”


“Well then lets go see the king.” He put his hand out.


I grabbed his hand just as Jackson barged through the door with ropes falling off of him, “Ange-”


The room dissolved before Jackson could finish saying my name, and became a swirl of colors. I opened my mouth to tell Alton to bring me back, but all of the air was sucked out of my body. Alton reached over and closed my mouth for me, and just like that the horrible swirl of colors was gone. But when I looked around we were in a nice house. A homy house, it felt comfortable, almost more so then the cabin I had landed in last night.


I looked around for a few minutes, then I noticed the familiar eyes watching me from across the room. I felt myself start to cry, it had been 10 years since I'd last seen those eyes. Those eyes that everyone told me were dead, those eyes that used to scare away the monsters in my closet and under in my bed. The eyes that belonged to the only man I thought I could love.


I collapsed to the floor, “Daddy?”


“Hi, baby girl.” He walked over to me and got down on the floor beside me and wrapped his arms around me.


I sat on the floor in my dad's arms until I couldn't bear to not know the truth, “Why is everyone telling me you're dead?”


He sat back on the floor in front of me and winked, “They all think I'm dead.” he pointed over my shoulder, “Your friend Jackson made a fake account of my death for your mom to see, and she bought it.”


I looked over my shoulder and Jackson was leaning against the wall, he looked away from me, “I'm so sorry Angela, I was going to tell you I swear, but Alton just wouldn't stop being an a*****e.”


Alton laughed, “I'm not an a*****e, I just know when something needs to get done. She had to find out as soon as possible, he has to help her learn how to use her powers, better then she did last night.”


My dad cleared his throat, “Which reminds me, how did you get your powers to come out?”


I blushed, and looked back at Jackson who was looking out the window biting his lip, “It's a long story.”


Alton whistled, “Wow, way to go Jacky. Getting the girl already.”


Jackson whirled on him, “It wasn't like that.” and stormed out of the room.


I looked at the floor, and my dad stood up to follow Jackson, Alton walked up beside me, “So princess, in both kingdoms, think we can unite the two with you alone?”


I looked at him, “I don't even know what's stopping them from working together anyways?”


“Simple the Wims think we're evil, and we think they're hypocrites for calling us evil.” He smirked.


I rolled my eyes, and rubbed at them, “That doesn't help me you idiot. Also who said I want to unite the kingdoms. Who says I want anything to do with either kingdom.”


My dad spoke from the door, “Well I hope you want something to do with both kingdoms, because we need them united.”


I looked at him, to gauge his reaction, “For what?”


He looked completely calm, “It's hard to explain. But in a way were being hunted down.”


“By who?”


“Secret agency working for the government. They're finding each of our races in small groups and take them out. I'm not sure how, being as no one has ever made it back. From the Virqs or the Wims.”


Jackson walked in the room after my dad, “Your mom won't admit it, but she's terrified, that's why I was sent to watch you.”


I sat down and thought over everything I'm just now learning. I have magical powers, my dad is alive, and he's a king of a race that's fighting the race my mom's queen of, I'm in love with someone I don't even know, and a secret agency is hunting down both races, killing them off and no one knows how. I looked at everyone in the room, my eyes slowly taking everyone in, there was Alton, Jackson, my dad, and Donavon.


I jumped up, and pointed at Donavon, “When did you get here? How long have you known?”


He looked around, “First, I just woke up here, and I have no clue what's going on.”


Jackson walked over and grabbed Donavon, “You suck at listening.” He led him to a chair not far from mine, and looked at my dad, “But since your here and awake, lets not waste time and just explain everything to both of you at once.”


My dad nodded, “Hello Donavon, it really has been a long time. Well to start simple, let me explain what's going on.”


My dad launched into an extremely long explanation of what I'd already figured out, he went over how he was supposed to be dead, but contrary to what all of the Virq think the Wims don't actually want to kill them, and they don't eat humans, or even freeze them. They're being hunted, trapped, and experimented on, eventually being killed. They want to unite the kingdoms, and try to prevent as much death to the two races as possible, and that's what him and my mom were trying to do, but the rest of the Virq's didn't want to follow the Wims' silly rules. So they decided afterwards to try with a child, me, to see if maybe I could find a compromise being that I didn't grow up in either of the worlds and could find areas that could overlap. Donavon just ended up here on accident, and I wasn't even supposed to know about this world until after I figured everything out in real life.



© 2015 bunnehbooh


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

125 Views
Added on January 15, 2015
Last Updated on January 29, 2015


Author

bunnehbooh
bunnehbooh

Austin, MN



About
My name is Anna, I go by Bunny. I am 19, and have a son born on June 18th 2014, and currently writing a few short stories, very slowly. On the side, I draw, read, watch anime, and sleep, wait what's t.. more..

Writing
Illaria Illaria

A Story by bunnehbooh


One One

A Chapter by bunnehbooh