12

12

A Chapter by bunnehbooh

 I woke to being shaken. I was confused, it was dark out, and there were a lot of people in my room. I looked around between all of them. Then it all came back, I'm too tired to deal with this right now.


Jackson slapped my pillow, "Wake up Angela, I thought you were grabbing clothes, money, then we were going to a store to buy her," He pointed at Bianca, "Some clothes."


I rolled over and pulled the blankets over, hoping he would get the picture.


He didn't, he yanked the covers off, "Get up now, or I'll have Alton throw water on you."


I put my pillow on top of my head, only to have that ripped away, and a bucket of water poured on my head. It was freezing, and I was wearing a white t-shirt.


I screamed at them, ripped my pillow back from Jackson and started throwing stuff at them, "Get out, Oh my God! You people are crazy. I haven't had a good nights sleep in forever, and I'm finally enjoying sleeping and you won't let me sleep. What the f**k!"


I pushed everyone out of my room, and slammed the door in Jackson's face. I walked over and grabbed a folding chair out of my closet and pinned it up against my door, jamming it closed. I threw stuff across my room, still swearing at them in my head. I'm way to tired for this. I went into my closet and grabbed my 3 different exercise outfits.


I laid them on my bed, two of them had yoga pants, and the other one had a pair of the tiniest shorts I've ever owned. I don't think I should bring that one, especially with a bunch of guys. I might need some more outfits too. I decided I'd bring the top with, that was my favorite top. It was pink and purple camouflage with white antlers on the front, it was really pretty and looked nice on me, emphasizing what I had.


I grabbed a backpack and tossed them in the bag, I also grabbed a few pairs of my jeans, and a pair of pj pants. I mean those things are comfy as f**k. All of that went into my backpack, and I went over to my dresser and dug through my underwear drawer, grabbing a few pairs of cute panties as I went, and finally I found my stash of money and a gold card my mom gave me before I left.


I threw the panties in the bag, and kicked the chair away from the door. I walked out and into my living room, where everyone was sitting with their heads down. I threw my pack at Jackson, hitting him in the chest with it. I glared at all of them, and walked into my tiny kitchen, which they'd clearly ransacked while I was asleep. I reached in to grab a yogurt, and there was none.


I walked back to the living room, "Who ate my yogurt?"


They all shifted in their seats, and looked away from me.


I rolled my eyes, "I won't get mad, but from the way you guys are acting you all ate some." I shrugged, "Oh well."


I yawned and Bianca hopped up, "I'm really sorry, it's just I love that flavor, so I saw it and I didn't think-"


"Stop, I already said it was fine. Plus, I don't really care for that flavor anyways." I smiled at her.


Jackson stood up silently, Alton followed suit, but Donavon stood up, "They're afraid to talk to you."


Oh, goody, they're afraid of me. I walked up to them, and glared at them, and screwed my lips to one side, "You're forgiven, both of you, since you look so pathetic, but to make it up to me, we're playing dress up at the store." I walked away from them towards the door, but stopped and pointed at Donavon, "That includes you, and if you don't participate, those two won't be happy."


All three guys groaned in unison, andBianca giggled, and ran to my side, "So how much do you have?"


I held up the card, "A lot, and I have cash in my bag. So that should all come in handy."


I walked out the door, to be stopped by the smell of fresh baking chocolate chip cookies, and Mrs. Boyd standing in front of my door with a creepily big smile.


"Hello kids, what are you doing?" She looked over her shoulder.


I side stepped her, "Hello Mrs. Boyd, we're-"


"Jennifer, please." Her smile faltered, just for a second then was plastered right back on.


"I'm sorry, Jennifer, we were just getting ready to leave." I glanced behind me.


She leaned forwards looking at the people behind me, "So who had the key to your apartment?"


I rolled my eyes and gestured to Jackson, "That body guard type thing my mom has on me."


She stared at Jackson, "How nice, your mom really does care for you, doesn't she?"


"Yea, sure she cares for me." I rolled my eyes.


"So Jackson, how is Stephanie anyways?" She was still staring at him.


He shrugged, "Cranky like usually ma'am. And since I know your next question, no she hasn't changed her mind about you coming back."


She snapped, "Darn, oh well, that's okay. And Donavon, I haven't seen you since you were tiny tiny, your eyes are still just as weird. How's your mom?"


He looked at her, "Umm, well, I'm not sure, last time I saw her she was fine, but I was unconscious for awhile, and haven't seen her since then."


I watched Alton behind Donavon use sign language for 'she's dead' and he shrugged, and signed 'can't tell him' Mrs. Boyd nodded, "Alright, well then, where are you going?"


She'd addressed me, I just looked at her with a blank face, so Jackson spoke up, "Right now, a store, then we're heading to Virginia."


"Oh tell your mom hi from me, it would mean a lot." she touched my shoulder, and I jumped back.


Her smile finally left her face, and I looked to the side trying to get to a safe subject I didn't feel completely lost in, "Are you expecting someone over?"


"No, actually I was making the cookies you smell for you, and well Jackson. I didn't realize you had so many people with you. Not to mention Virqs at that." she looked a Bianca and Alton.


Jackson quickly cut in before she could continue, "Long story short, her dad never really died, I just lied to everyone, and he's now running the Virqs, and he is the guard her dad sent after her, and she is one of her new best friends."


Bianca waved, "Hello, so you were saying something about cookies?"


"Why yes young Virq girl, I was saying something about cookies, thank you for reminding me. If you and your friends would like to stay for a little while, I'll send a couple dozen chocolate chip cookies with you." Mrs. Boyd touched my arm, and guided me into her small apartment, that was identical to mine, despite the hundreds of knick knacks she had all over the place.


Jackson came up between us and leaned towards Mrs. Boyd, "Jennifer, what's with Wims women loving knick knacks?"


She laughed, that ended with her coughing, she walked over and grabbed her cigarette, and raised an eyebrow at him, "I don't know what you mean by Wims women loving them Mr. Mitchell, I just think they're pretty."


He looked at the floor, "Sorry, Ma'am."


Bianca pushed me in, "So, do you make cookies for Angela often?"


Mrs. Boyd shook her head, "Truthfully only on rare occasions now."


"Oh, that's sad, since you know her, I figured you'd make her cookies all the time, like a great family friend or something like that." Bianca rested her chin on her hand, leaning against the wall.


Mrs. Boyd looked at me, then back to Bianca, "Truthfully, I wanted to, but her mother didn't want her to know anything about this life, I was actually quite shocked when she moved in next door to me. Then even more shocked when I saw Jackson staring out the window almost straight across from mine."


Alton walked in and sat down on the couch, dragging Donavon with him. I walked through the house, mainly wanting to get away from them, so apparently everyone I knew was keeping secrets from me. Oh well, I looked at an ugly knick knack sitting haphazardly on a shelf at my eye height, which was really very low for a shelf. I put my finger out and touched the figurine, which I was guessing was a mime. It fell to the floor and shattered to a million pieces.


Mrs. Boyd, Jackson, and Alton all ran to me immediately, Mrs. Boyd looked at the figurine and sighed, "Oi, girl, couldn't you have broken any other one but that one?"


I looked at her confused, "I just touched it, I didn't mean to break it." Okay, maybe I did, but I wouldn't tell her.


She looked at me again, "Whatever, just go sit down. And don't 'touch' anything else." she shooed all of us away back to the living room.


I sat in a little rocking chair that her son had bought her, and decided then to ask a stupid question, "Does your son still live with the Wims community?"


She walked into the kitchen, I'm pretty sure to ignore my question and started pulling on things make lots of noise, "Yes, he does."


I opened my mouth to ask another question and Jackson cut me off, "Yea, that's right, about your son." Jackson got up and walked into the other room, and I couldn't hear half of what he said, but I did get left the community, hasn't been heard from. 



© 2015 bunnehbooh


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

156 Views
Added on January 21, 2015
Last Updated on January 29, 2015


Author

bunnehbooh
bunnehbooh

Austin, MN



About
My name is Anna, I go by Bunny. I am 19, and have a son born on June 18th 2014, and currently writing a few short stories, very slowly. On the side, I draw, read, watch anime, and sleep, wait what's t.. more..

Writing
Illaria Illaria

A Story by bunnehbooh


One One

A Chapter by bunnehbooh