20

20

A Chapter by bunnehbooh

I screamed and ran over, "Jackson what happened?"



He was freaking out, still in the same clothes I'd seen him in earlier, "I don't know, I went to my room, and found a letter from him saying to go somewhere, then when I got there, another letter telling me to go somewhere else. I went on a wild goose chase, and when I found the last letter, it wasn't from him."



He handed me a crumpled up piece of paper, and scrawled in blood, "You can't save him, he belongs with them." I looked at Jackson, "Whose them?"



He put his hands in his hair, "He's not Wims, he's a Miriph, and his entire race is dead. So someone must have killed him."



I touched him, "Who can we tell?"



"The maids, everyone else knew he wasn't Wims or Virq."



I leaned forward and checked him for a pulse, "He's still alive just barely." I took his shirt off, and checked for wounds, he had a stab would in his chest.



I grabbed one of his shirts and started applying pressure, being an only child with one parent that never spent any time with me, I spent a lot of time watching medical shows, and all of the shows I'd seen had told me to apply pressure and clean the wound.



I looked at Jackson, "Can you get me some rubbing alcohol and a rag?" he nodded, and took off, leaving me alone with Donavon.



He moaned and started moving, but I just put my hand on his head, "Donavon, calm down, don't move too much. Just stay with me." I rubbed my hand across his forehead, comforting him, and checking his temperate.



His eyes fluttered open, "Angela, your." and he went back out.



Jackson came back in with a bottle of rubbing alcohol and a clean rage, I took them from him and cleaned the wound Donavon kept moaning, and making noises while he was out, but I didn't stop I couldn't stop. I'd gotten it entirely clean, and I gave Jackson the rag, and told him to keep applying pressure, I'd be right back.



I ran out the door, and over to Bianca's room, but she wouldn't let me say a word, she was so mad, "I've been waiting for you, what took you so long, shesh, times almost up, you're going to have no time to read before they come to get you for weapons training." She'd pulled me a little ways along, then looked at me.



"Angela, what's wrong?"



I took a few deep breathes, "Where can I find the maids?"



She grabbed my hand, and pulled me away again, "Just follow me, explain on the way then."



So as we walked I explained, she already knew he wasn't Wims, she also knew all of the Miriph were dead, and no one knows who killed them. She explained to me that they were so hated because they could manipulate peoples minds, and control them. Donavon couldn't do it himself, but he had the gene that he would pass down that would make it so his children could. She knew that my dad severely hated the Miriph, and had celebrated when he thought they were all dead, but soon found out that the Queen and Prince had not been in the massacre, and he went into a very sour mood.



They were being protected by the Wims. They lived there safely for years, and my father was forced to live with them until he faked his death.



We ended up walking into the maids quarters, and I knew exactly who to ask for, so I just announced it, "Deborah, and Lorena, can I please see you."



We walked back out, and Bianca looked at me, "Not bad, very princess like. Anyways, why do you need to see the maids, and why do you know there names?"



"The names are a very long story, the needing to see them is, someone tried to kill Donavon, and he's currently alone in his room with Jackson."



Lorena came walking out, followed closely by Deborah, Deborah heave her huge bosom in my face, "What is it that you want young lady."



I took a deep breath, but Bianca cut me off, "The last surviving Miriph is dieing, and he needs help, we don't know who to trust. He's in room 2794. Be there stat, with medical equipment, she knows what happens more."



I scratched my head, "He got stabbed between the 6th and 7th ribs but I can't tell how deep. He's barely alive, so please hurry."



Lorena dashed inside and grabbed a medical kit, and came back out, "We're ready, lets go."



I ran up the stairs losing Bianca, but Lorena and Deborah stayed right on my heels, we rounded into his room, and Jackson was still there holding the towel, and he looked so relieved to see me, then noticed the maid from this morning, "Isn't she the one that over heard us talking this morning?"



I waved him away, "That doesn't matter, they're here to help."



Me and Jackson stepped back, while Deborah went to one side and Lorena to the other. They worked together, in precision, and cleaned the wound again, and patched it up. Lorena was too small to pick Donavon up, So Deborah had Jackson help move him onto a sling, and they decided not to leave him in his room, but take him to my room. Since I was the princess I didn't ever really have to leave my room, and she assigned Lorena 24/7 care of me and my room.



We got into my room, and i looked at Lorena, "I don't think I can go on the date tomorrow."



She just smiled, "That's fine, but you should see if he still wants to go. I'll be here, I promise that much."



I smiled back at her, and stood up, "Fine, I'll be right back then."



I walked out of my room and started walking towards Jackson's but the door was open.



I started panicking, but as I got closer, nothing was wrong, Jackson was just sitting talking with Alton, I heard Alton hissing at him, "Why would you save him, King Jason wants him dead."



Jackson looked away, "I can't kill him, I can't kill someone that way. With a gun is a different story."



Alton punched the wall, "You're hopeless, now we're both in trouble." He actually looked worried.



Jackson leaned his head down, "I know, now we're both about as good as dead. Angela is so screwed. I told you not to bring her here, her dad's just going to use her."



"I didn't think he would, he seemed like he genuinely wanted to see his daughter."



"He doesn't, he faked his death not because the countries wouldn't get along that way, but because he hated the monster they created."



Alton looked confused, "What do you mean monster?"



He got up and paced the room, "She was born with powers, and she almost killed her mom on daily basis, until they blocked her powers. They were trying to unblock her powers when she showed signs of being a Miriph as well. He couldn't be around her anymore."



"So you're saying, everyone knew she had powers, but they were locked away?"



"Yes, and they haven't been taken out fully. she used to be able to shoot fireballs as big as cars, when she was 4 months old. Even if you don't use your powers, they still mature. But we can't access hers. We never will be able to."



"Wait, why is that so bad?"



He sat back down, "The kingdoms aren't at war, but we are being hunted, they fear if a Wims and Virq have a baby together, it could kill everyone, but they needed a weapon to one up the US government."



Alton shook his head, "So she's just a weapon?"



"Yes, she's a weapon."



I took this as my chance to step out, I didn't want to hear anymore, I whispered, "Jackson. What else are you hiding from me." I felt the first tear slide down my cheek.



Jackson jumped up, and ran over, "S**t, s**t s**t s**t, Angela, you weren't ever supposed to know any of that."



I pushed him off, "But I did hear all of that."



I ran back into my room, Jackson right behind me, him and Alton followed me into the main part of my room, and I just went into my bathroom, and slammed the door in their faces.



I sat down in front of the door, and called through it, "I'm upset that you kept it from me, I just need to think some things over. I'll go to Jackson's room when I think I understand what my head is stuck on."



I heard them walk away from the bathroom door and I heard my room door shut, I poked my head out, the only people there were a shocked Lorena, and a sleeping Donavon, Lorena just looked at me, "What happened?"



I went and sat by her on my bed, "I went over there to ask him about the date, and well instead I overheard him and Alton talking about how Donavon was supposed to die, and that now we're all in danger. Especially me. I also found out apparently I'm a defective weapon."



She looked away, "We already knew that."



I pulled my knees up to my chest, "Why wouldn't anyone tell me that then?"



She looked sheepishly at me, "We knew you'd act out in someway, and I can already tell you're probably going to aren't you?"



I shook my head, "No, I don't want to draw attention to myself anymore, I don't want to let anyone know that anything different with me." I stood up and looked at her, "You know talking to you makes everything a lot easier."



I walked out the door and straight over to Jackson's door, I knocked once, and he opened it, "So, are you okay? No acting out, no tattoos, no bringing guys, aside from Donavon, into your bed."



I put my hand on my heart, "I promise, cross my heart, hope to die, stick a needle in my eye, and all that crap. Actually, I'm here to inform you that I'm calling tomorrow off."



He went white, "Why?"



I smiled, "Because, I'm going to focus on learning everything I can, then I'm leaving, and I'm inviting everyone whose in danger to join me." I turned to walk away, and decided it wasn't too late to start weapons training, "Do you think we can start my weapon's training right now?"



He looked over his shoulder, and nodded, "Alright, don't worry about changing either, there isn't that much time, and we want to teach you all we can."



I walked away from the door with Alton and Jackson right behind me. We got to the gym, and it was deserted, so it was perfect for this. Jackson had my start on the punching bag, but I couldn't land a solid punch without hurting my wrist or arm.



He pulled me back by the weapons, and handed me the throwing knives, "Do you want to see her amazing skill?"



Alton nodded, so I let loose one knife, right into the center of a static target. Then Jackson went and pushed a button on the wall, I hadn't thought anything of. All of a sudden the targets started moving back and forth, up and down, sometimes even diagonally.



I took a deep breath, and released three knives, one right after the other, and they all landed on different targets, dead center. I did the same thing over and over again, until I ran out of knives.



Alton whistled, "That is amazing, only one problem. She has to take a centering breath before each throw, that will slow her down."



They spent the rest of the day getting me to practice throwing without the deep breath. Around 3am I was finally able to do it, but by then I was completely exhausted, and ready to never do anything again. But I knew Bianca was expecting to run, so I would make the run, grab a book, and read it until I fell asleep in my room with Lorena and Donavon.



© 2015 bunnehbooh


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

126 Views
Added on January 29, 2015
Last Updated on January 29, 2015


Author

bunnehbooh
bunnehbooh

Austin, MN



About
My name is Anna, I go by Bunny. I am 19, and have a son born on June 18th 2014, and currently writing a few short stories, very slowly. On the side, I draw, read, watch anime, and sleep, wait what's t.. more..

Writing
Illaria Illaria

A Story by bunnehbooh


One One

A Chapter by bunnehbooh