8

8

A Chapter by bunnehbooh

 Donavon raised his hand, “Umm, I'm confused still. Where's my mom?”


My dad smiled, “That's not the sort of questions we were expecting, and I'm not quite prepared to explain that part yet. But I can give you a tour of the house, since you'll all be staying here for on and off for some time.”


Jackson, Alton, and my dad all stood and walked to the door, while me and Donavon were stuck to our chairs, I looked at my dad, “Can I have a few minutes to think about all of this?”


My dad nodded, “Of course, Jackson, you and Alton can give Donavon a tour, I'll give Angela one later.” he turned and walked through the door, “I'll be in the common room.”


I sat and looked at the room around me, it was drab, I wanted out of it. But I didn't want to stay here. I love knowing that my dad isn't gone, and I finally get to see him again, but my mom hasn't seen him in so long. I want to tell her, I want to tell everyone. Well actually I do want to tell everyone something, to shut the hell up and I'm not going to unite the two races, kingdoms, worlds, warring people, or whatever they want to be called. It's absurd.


I can hear Jackson and Alton talking outside of the room, Alton is whispering, "Why can't we tell the dumb one his mom is dead for almost hurting her?"


Jackson sighed, "Because if we tell him that, he'll freak out."


"But isn't her dying what he expected would happen. Also doesn't he care about Angela at all, I mean if he does shouldn't he be more mad at his mom for trying to do that to her?"


Jackson shushed Alton, "Angela's right through that door, it's time to drop the subject. And fine if you want to tell him, then tell him, but I will have nothing to do with it."


Alton chuckled, "I think she heard the most important parts of that conversation."


I heard the light tap of Alton walking away, as Jackson leaned in the room, "Are you ready to go for your tour?"


I tilted my head at him, did he seriously think I was about to go with him after what I just heard. I turned away from him towards the window, and he sighed. I heard him retreating away from the room. A few minutes passed in perfect silence, and I heard voices this time. They were whispering, so I couldn't understand what they were saying.


My dad walked in the door, "Hello Sweetie. Jackson has informed that Alton tricked him into letting you know what happened to Lucia. I'm sorry you had to learn that way."


He looked at me, I shrugged. Maybe if I didn't talk to him he would go away too. But he didn't, he walked to the other side of the room and sat behind a nice mahogany desk. On top of the desk was all kinds of pictures of me, even ones from after he disappeared from my life. How did he get those?


My dad sat down, "Angela, I won't be bringing you on the tour of the house, you have your choice, Jackson, Alton, or Bianca."


I wanted to know who Bianca is, but I couldn't give in and talk yet, I needed to make a point that I don't want to deal with anyone right now. I turned towards the door and see Jackson, Alton, and a girl that has to be the same age as me watching me. I turned back around, and looked out the window again, I'm determined to ignore everyone, I won't be taken on a tour, I really could care less. I just want to go home and forget about all of this.


My dad broke my train of thought, "Well since Angela can't decide, or just won't, Bianca, take her to her room, and boys please stay here so I can talk to you."


The young girl walked over to me and grabbed my arm, "Come on. Lets go get you comfortable." She gently tugged on my arm until I stood up and followed her.


I walked past the guys, Alton gave me a smirk that I wished I could have smacked off of his face, and Jackson touched me shoulder, "Don't get to upset, please."


Bianca smacked Jackson's hand, "Don't touch her, she doesn't seem like she's in a good mood, so just let her be, she'll talk to you when she's ready to talk to you."


Jackson looked away and muttered, "Fine. I don't see why you can tell me what to do though."


Bianca shook her head and pulled me behind her, as soon as we cleared the door, she started talking up a storm, "I can't really control him, but it's so nice when he listens. Oh my goodness, we're going to have so much fun. I think the best color for you would be purple. Or maybe green."


I cleared my throat, "Umm, what are you talking about?"


She giggled, "Well obviously, I'm doing your makeup. Alton asked me to, he plans on taking you on a date tonight."


I pulled my arm out of her grasp, "I'm not dating any of the guys here. I'm not even staying here. My plan was to ditch Jackson and Donavon as soon as we got to a safe house."

Bianca looked confused, "Why would you ditch them? Aren't they protecting you?"


I shrugged, "Well yeah, they are protecting me, but I don't want anything to do with either world, and if I'm not with them there's nothing anyone can do to prove I know anything about the worlds, so I can't be killed. So I'm leaving. You can all have fun getting killed."


I turned and walked away from her, but she followed like a lost puppy dog, "I'm only here because your father requested that I come here and befriend you. I can't let you leave, it would make him very unhappy. This is the first time you've seen your father in how long?"


I glared at her, "10 years, but that is hardly any of your concern. My father should be happy I'm leaving, because if I leave I'm more likely to be safer than being here with him. Plus he'll send Jackson or Alton after me either way, so I won't get too far. So just give it up."


I walked around the corner, coming a closed door, I turned around and Bianca wasn't there. Hopefully she took my advice and she's going to leave me alone now. I walked back the way I came to be stopped by the sight of Jackson walking in my direction with a frantic Bianca behind him. I turned back to where I saw the door, but this time it was gone.


I turned back around ready to sprint out of the corner, but Jackson came around the corner, and shooed Bianca, "Leave now." She scurried away, and he walked up to me, "What do you mean you were going to ditch us?"


"Exactly what it sound's like. I was going to leave, and there was nothing you could have done about it." I stuck my chin out at him.


"Is that right?" He looked away from me and stepped towards me, "You do realize if you leave now you won't get very far, me and Alton will track you down and bring you back. Also you've already been marked by the government, they can track when we move. It leaves a residue, and you're covered in both residues."


I balked, "What do you mean if I leave I'm in more danger."


"Exactly what I'm saying. So just stay here, you're at least protected." He leaned closer to me.


I ducked around him, to stand behind him, "But then everyone's in danger, aren't they?"


He slowly turned around, "Well I guess you could say that, but we're at least semi safe here. A lot better then where they're monitoring everyone."


I rolled my eyes, "What do you mean monitoring everyone, wouldn't they be monitoring everyone here too?"


He looked over my shoulder and shrugged, and mouthed something, "Well, ummm, lets just stick to the original point of this conversation. It's safer here."


I spun around to see Alton standing there, "So what are you guys doing trying to trick me to stay here with you or something."


Alton shrugged, "Pretty much. It's a lot of work to track you down sometimes."


I stormed past him, "You guys are unbelievable, I bet they aren't watching us. So I would be safer not being here." I walked down a different hall way, I'm leaving, and you can't stop me."


I walked around a few corners, and finally found the door. I walked out the door, and looked around. I was in nice house on the top of a hill, looking over a small town. Off to the side of the town was rolling green hills as far as I could see. So in other words I could take off, but I wouldn't make it very far.


I turned back around and saw Bianca standing in the doorway, "I'm sorry the guys lied to you, they weren't supposed to, but they didn't want to deal with you taking off, so they did it anyways." She scratched the back of her head, "And no they aren't monitoring everyone, but you father still thinks it would be best if you would stay here, get to learn about this world, then go back to your mom, and learn about there. And then find a way to unite the kingdoms."


I looked at her, she must have been insane, "No I want to leave, I'll stay a few nights, but then I'm leaving. And all of you can stay here when I leave by the way."


She smiled, "That's all I ask is that you stay tonight." I walked past her back inside, "Oh, also Alton called off the date, figuring it wouldn't be a good idea to go out with you while you were mad."


"Well I guess he isn't as stupid as I thought he was." I turned to her, "I have no clue where I'm going, do you want to take me to my room now?"


She beamed, grabbed my hand, and pulled me through the halls, "You'll love you're room, it's decorated a lot like the way you had it as a kid, but with less knick knacks. Your father remembered how you never liked those darn knick knacks your mom had all over the place."


I followed obediently, because I was going to get out of here, and I didn't care what anyone said anymore.



© 2015 bunnehbooh


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

154 Views
Added on January 16, 2015
Last Updated on January 29, 2015


Author

bunnehbooh
bunnehbooh

Austin, MN



About
My name is Anna, I go by Bunny. I am 19, and have a son born on June 18th 2014, and currently writing a few short stories, very slowly. On the side, I draw, read, watch anime, and sleep, wait what's t.. more..

Writing
Illaria Illaria

A Story by bunnehbooh


One One

A Chapter by bunnehbooh