Chapter 25

Chapter 25

A Chapter by Lorena Rose

The storm and the cold front would not last forever. I saw the ice recede and I reached out for the sun, but there was so much fire around me and smoke that it was blocking it out. A new start for the military and medical people, but we were not invited to stay. The cold would last forever between us. I could see Morrison trying to track people down and the war between the two groups. They would never give us peace until we were exactly like them. The ground would shake and the bunkers would be destroyed forever.

I got hit with another vision this one was more violent. “Who are you?” my brother demanded and I saw a whip in his hand.

“Darren Price,” I saw Darren was chained to the wall.

“Who is your leader?” Cass pulled back the whip.

“Your sister,” Darren gritted his teeth then the whip hit him. I could feel the pain again of getting hit by one of those.

“You belong to the military, Price,” Cass whipped him again.

“Not anymore,” Dare growled.

 

“You cannot change who you are, you've got no control anymore,” Cass whipped him again, “Where do you belong?”

“With my people,” Price replied, “Upstairs.”

“You are not afflicted,” Cass whipped twice.

“My family is,” Darren replied then Cass hit him with the whip again, “Keep it up, Garnet I could take this for hours.” I definitely could not.

“You are a soldier,” Cass whipped him again, “You will get your serum in a matter of hours, but first I want you to beg me to let you fight our cause again.”

“You've lost it if you think that's going to happen, Garnet,” Darren said taking a particularly painful hit.

“Beg for mercy,” Cass came forward whipping him over and over again. I could see the blood on Darren's back and I wanted to scream.

“No,” Darren answered.

“My sister loves that Peck boy, Price you are wasting your talents on people who just think of you as a gun,” my brother snapped.

“You don't know anything about your sister,” he turned and hit my brother with the chains. He wrapped them around Cass's neck. “Apologize for torturing your own flesh and blood, Cass,” Darren ordered.

 

“Guards,” Cass cried then guards came rushing in and shot pain shots into Darren until he fell back. “You may be strong, Price,” Cass took something out of the small fireplace in the corner, “But no one can fight the power of the serum and as a reminder of where you belong.” He slammed a red hot poker down into Darren's shoulder. I woke up screaming and lights flipped on throughout the floor. I tried to use my pillow to silence myself, but when the screams stopped I couldn't breathe. My breaths came out in sharp inhales and exhales and my body was vibrating.

“Maya,” I felt someone put their hands on my shoulders. I couldn't calm myself down. “May,” I got turned around to see Eva's concerned green eyes looking down at me.

“What is it?” Seth came to my side and I shook my head.

“May, is it Darren?” Nora got off her bed. I nodded then curled into myself.

“Come on, Maya,” Seth tried to touch my arm and I cringed away.

“What happened?” Eva inquired. I got hit with one vision. I saw soldiers breaking through the doors and coming in our level. They attacked people and I saw blood hit the wall. There were cries and the ice girl had a friend, it was the boy from yesterday the one who could make the ground shake. He had blank eyes like her and he was laughing.

“They'll all go downstairs,” he said then the ground fell out from underneath me. I didn't know who grabbed my shoulder so I slapped them thinking it was a soldier.

“Maya,” Seth said and I saw him holding his cheek.

“What is wrong?” Nora asked looking scared, “Please tell me what they are planning to do to Darren, please May.”

 

“She's in shock,” Eva said sitting on the other side of me, “Come on, May focus you're here now, are they going to hurt Darren?”

“They...” I choked out, “Cass is going to whip him and when Darren fights back, Cass will stick...a hot poker in Darren's shoulder.”

“He's a monster,” Nora said with tears in her eyes.

“They are giving him the serum tomorrow,” I whispered then turned to Seth, “You have to go get him now, Seth.”

“We aren't prepared right now, May,” he tried to squeeze my hand, “We will get him though, I swear.”

“We have to get him before the soldiers come up here and attack us,” I rambled.

“What?” he said pulling back.

“They are sending up the ice girl and they have infected the boy who causes earth quakes,” I looked at Eva, “They want to level the fight literally.”

“We'll increase the guardian detail at every entrance,” Seth got up.

 

“I need Darren, Seth,” I pleaded.

“I can only do so much, May,” he told me then hurried off.

“We need to get Darren back, she's right,” Nora looked to Eva, “The three of us could find him.”

“Seth would be really angry,” Eva bit her lip.

“Eva, please,” I begged, “I cannot stand him being in any more pain.”

“May,” she started to say then I heard him scream and Nora's eyes watered up.

“Please,” Nora sobbed.

“We'll need one more person,” Eva gave in.

 

“I'll ask Sara,” I got to my feet, “Nora you go warn as many guardians as you can before meeting us at the southwestern exit stairs.”

“Got it,” she hugged me, “Thank you.”

“Don't thank me yet,” I grabbed my jacket and put it on then Eva headed for our exit while I went looking for Sara. I found her playing with her phone with two younger boys asleep on either side of her. “Sara,” I said quietly and she looked up at me.

“Maya,” she climbed out of the bed, “I heard you scream, did you see some kind of vision again?”

 

“Do you know that boy Eliot, the one who causes tremors?” I questioned.

“He's in love with my friend, Caroline,” she nodded.

“Well they are trying to make him like Victory, the ice casting girl,” I took her hands, “They also have the guy I love, I need your help to get them both back.”

“Caroline would never forgive me if anything happened to her admirer,” she grabbed her jacket, “Do you think the boys will be okay with me?”

“They'll be fine if we do this the right way,” I promised.

“Okay,” she agreed then we headed off. When we got to the exit, Eva and Nora were joined by the telekinetic, Jemma.

 

“I wanted to help,” Jemma told me.

“Thank you,” I said then I heard the guardians banging from inside the cell room on the other side of the hall.

“I'll let them out once we're in the staircase,” she promised then Nora took my hand. We got out the door then I heard the guardians get out. The alarm was going off in seconds, but we were already racing down the stairs. Eva melted the lock and I kicked the door open. Jemma knocked down the six officers guarding the door and Sara took on the female officer's face. Fortunately, they were close to the same height and had similar hair colour. She took her identification and we started through the hallway. We picked a good time because a lot of people were asleep.

We were just about to check a cell room when two officers came around the corner. “Go,” Sara pushed us into the room and closed the door.

“Nice work, Williams where did you find those four?” one of the officers asked.

“Trying to escape the labs, they ought to know better,” Sara said.

 

“Do you have names for them?” the other officer inquired.

“Sara Prince, Hillary Davies, Maria Foster and Caroline Mathers,” Sara lied, “They will be taken back right away.”

“Remember to use your ID card number to get in,” the first officer told her, “I tried to use my card and Morrison ranted about security measures for ten minutes.”

“I'll make sure to stay on his good side,” Sara laughed then they kept going while she stood there. Once they were gone, she knocked on the door and we came rushing out.

“We should split up,” Nora hissed, “We are too noticeable as a pack.”

“You're right,” I agreed, “Nora and I should go find Darren.”

 

“We'll need your foresight to know to expect in the lab,” Eva shook her head, “I'll go with Nora, “You go to lab with Jemma and Sara.”

“But,” I began.

“Go,” she insisted.

“Be careful,” I gave in then we stood there for a second. “Hold on,” I closed my eyes and I saw us running down the hallway then turning left and running into guards. They took us to the labs and then I opened my eyes.

“We have to get caught,” I told the girls, “Sara, you keep pretending we are prisoners and Jemma you blast them away when we get inside.”

“Alright,” they both nodded.

“Good,” I said then we headed off. Sara stayed behind us using the gun she'd stole from her lookalike to play the part. I saw the officers see us and I made sure my hair was in my face and my hood was up before they zeroed in on me.

 

“Williams, we heard you had some trouble with escapees,” one of them said, “I thought you had four.”

“The other two are out of control in the cell room, these two know to behave,” Sara answered.

“We'll go get the other two,” three soldiers left then we headed down the hallway.

“So Williams, what are their names?” the most senior looking officer said.

“Caroline Mathers and Hillary Davies,” she cleared her throat.

 

“What are their abilities?” he requested.

“Caroline can make plants grow unusually fast and Hillary can run really fast,” Sara said and the officer behind me grabbed my arms, “Yes that's Hillary.”

“You won't be running, Hillary,” he laughed then we reached the lab's door.

“Is this Morrison's lab?” Jemma asked innocently.

“Yes, kid,” her officer remarked, “You two are in for a world of pain once we are inside, trying to escape is a serious offence.”

“Allow me,” Sara went over to the key pad and looked to her ID for the code, “You know how Morrison gets about swiping the card.”

“I hear you,” one of the officer agreed then the door opened.

 

“Let's get a move on,” the senior officer headed into the laboratory. I looked around and there were about a dozen kids on tables and five of them had sheets over them. I felt a pain of regret for not coming down here sooner, but I was just too selfish.

“Where is Morrison?” Sara questioned.

“He's in the private room with a new boy,” the senior officer said off hand.

“Thank you,” Sara replied.

“For what?” one of the guards asked confused.

“For letting us in,” I spoke up.

“What?” the guard holding me asked.

“Now,” I looked to Jemma and the officers were all blasted to the walls.



© 2015 Lorena Rose


Author's Note

Lorena Rose
Who has the best ability?
What do you think of Maya?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

344 Views
Added on February 19, 2015
Last Updated on February 19, 2015


Author

Lorena Rose
Lorena Rose

Montrose, BC, Canada



About
Hey, I am a college girl that's majoring in creative writing. I love writing and like to explore new worlds through the script across the page. Hope you enjoy my writing. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Lorena Rose