Chapter 29

Chapter 29

A Chapter by Lorena Rose

I had just found the idiot when the doors were blasted open and Seth and I were hit by the debris. “Maya,” he shoved the door off me, “Were you looking for me?”

“Yes, you have to get to the tunnel it's in the opposite corner,” I commanded.

“Watch out,” he hit an officer who tried to grab me.

“Seth go,” I shouted at him then fired in the air causing a lot of people to duck and cover. I pushed Seth in the direction of the tunnel. I knew the second that the tunnel was blocked by officers. I found Darren near the front shooting officers down. “Remember not to kill them,” I insisted.

“They are not showing us that kind of mercy,” he shot again.

“Children,” Morrison came out from behind some of the officers, “You are surrounded stop fighting.”

“Like hell,” one of the guys shot at him and one of the officers took the bullet for him.

 

“You all have no chance of escaping,” Morrison's eyes fell on me, “All of you had best accept that.”

“Eva,” I called back to her and I heard her shout back. I looked down at the ground and saw that it was all dirt. “Caroline,” I said and Eli came walking up through the group with her, “Grow.”

“Don't try anything, Miss. Garnet,” Morrison warned me then the ground shuddered before giant vines and roots came out of the ground. They attacked the officers and Eva lit the ceiling up.

“More light,” she laughed then we charged forward. I helped create a doorway for the others and Darren stayed by my side as people ran past us and into the tunnel. The ceiling fell on some officers and I saw Victory grab Sara. I ran at her and she let go of Sara.

 

“Do you want a fight, Garnet?” she said and I swung into the side of her head.

“Let's finish this,” I said then she tried to freeze my arm. I knocked her down and I heard Darren shouting my name.

“Maya, we have to go,” he yelled at me.

“One second,” I turned and broke Victory's nose, “Stop this, Vicky you don't have to be like this.”

“If you're going to finish it then do it, weak one,” she tried to grab my gun and I fired automatically. The bullet hit her stomach and she fell on top of me. “I do not know what he wants with you,” she said, “But you will go through a lot of pain.”

“Count on it,” I fired again and this one went right through her chest. I just laid there for a moment with a dead girl lying on top of me. I hadn't meant to kill her it was an accident, I was a monster too now.

 

“Maya,” Seth said.

“What?” I got up then I felt a gun to the back of my head.

“Stay still,” my brother's voice echoed in my head.

“May,” Seth got knocked down by two officers and I saw the rest of my friends coming back from the tunnel entrance.

“No, Darren get them out of here, run,” I told him.

“No,” he knocked an officer out of the way.

 

“Do you want them to get Nora? You promised these people you'd protect them,” I turned around to slug my brother. “Now run,” I yelled at him before firing at every officer in my sight.

“Darren,” Nora said then I saw them dragging him away while Darren looked at me.

“You promised me you'd survive,” he exclaimed, “You lied, you lied to me.”

“I'm sorry,” I said then my brother got back up.

“Maya,” he cried then they were too far away.

“Hello sister,” Cass said smiling.

“Hello brother,” I replied seriously then someone hit me in the back of the head. When I woke up, I was dizzy and disorientated. I looked up to see a doctor's light above me. I tried to sit up, but I was strapped to the bed. I tried to move my arms, but they were tightly strapped down too. I struggled against them then I heard Seth shouting my name.

“Seth,” I said loudly.

 

“May,” he banged on the door and I tried to get up.

“Edmund, control your son,” I heard Morrison say then Seth hit the floor.

“Seth,” I fought even harder.

“Miss. Garnet,” Dr. Morrison came walking in with his salt n' pepper hair kept in perfect shape and his strange red eyes appeared friendly.

“Morrison,” I replied coldly.

“I have been waiting awhile to see you,” he checked something on my arm and I saw there was a needle in my skin taking out blood. “There is no need to panic, my last sample was very small I just need more,” he came closer to my head and I felt the electrodes against my chest and forehead.

“You can try your little experiment, Morrison, but I won't ever be like Vicky was,” I looked up at the ceiling.

 

“Victory was only the beginning, she was not as strong as I'd hoped,” he remarked, “She still had the emotion of jealousy and I learned about the truth telling through her.”

“Too bad, she'll be your last successful experiment,” I took a deep breath.

“You have a very strong will,” he sighed, “But your gifts will belong to me soon.”

“I will never belong to you,” I glared at him.

“What makes you want to fight this?” he charged the electrodes and they shocked me once.

“You killed my parents, you're trying to destroy my new family and I will not by a pawn in your game,” I informed him.

“They aren't your family, Maya,” he told me, “You think they weren't using your abilities to their advantage.”

 

“I wanted to help them, I told them the visions because I know who the good guys are,” I snapped, “You and your soldiers are the freaks and I hope the ceiling collapses on all of you.” He shocked me again and I winced despite my best efforts to stay focused.

“You won't be able to control those visions by yourself the way you are, Miss. Garnet,” he stuck something in my arm.

“What is that?” I saw a light under my skin.

“All of my experiments get trackers,” he placed his hand against my forehead.

“Don't touch me,” I snapped.

“You know I do wish we had caught your soldier friend,” he commented, “Darren Price would be a great addition to my guard detail.”

“Good luck catching him,” I managed to rip my hand free then hit him.

 

“Garnet,” he shouted and my brother came into the room, “Try to strap down her arm again without any more injuries, I need a clean canvas.”

“Yes, sir,” Cass came over and caught my arm when I tried to unstrap my body. “You are done running, Maya,” he twisted my wrist until I cried out in pain then pinned it down to the table and strapped my arm down again. “You've gotten stronger, little sister, but you can only fight so long,” he said then I got shocked. The first two were one second, but this one was definitely longer. My whole felt it and I gasped.

“That's better,” Morrison took the needle out of my arm, “I have enough blood now.”

“Is there anything else you need?” Cass inquired.

“No, I would like to speak with her alone,” Morrison said seriously then Cass left. “Now Miss. Garnet,” he zapped me again and my body heaved.

 

“What do you want?” I asked.

“If you want the pain to stop then I could start the procedure right now, sweetheart,” he offered.

“You think you're so powerful, you caught maybe eight people in that fight, am I right?” I looked over at him.

“Do you know where they are going?” he asked.

“No,” I said truthfully.

 

“I think you're lying to me, I want to know where the rest of them are, Maya,” he shocked me again.

“Keep it up, Morrison,” I hissed and I got another one.

“I am trying to make a stronger and better society, your people need a real leader everyone does,” he informed me.

“We had a mayor,” I said snidely.

“What do you hope to accomplish? You will tell me everything once you are changed,” he commented touching my cheek.

“I'll fight it, even if it takes everything in me I will never be under anyone's control, but my own,” I snapped, “Give it up, Morrison I told you that you were going to lose.”

“You saw one version, Maya you refuse to believe that I am doing the right thing,” he sighed, “Maybe you need better incentive.”

 

“What?” I asked then he unlocked the wheels and pushed me towards the door. Once we were out, I saw Seth strapped to a table. “Seth, are you okay?” I asked then saw he was passed out, “What did you do to him?”

“Peck wake him up,” Morrison insisted then Edmund went over and attached electrodes to his son's head.

“Yes, sir,” Peck pressed the button.

“No,” I shouted then Seth was jolted awake. “Are you okay?” I caught his eye.

“I'm fine, Maya are you okay?” he asked concerned.

“I've been better,” I replied then I got jolted, “Seth, keep fighting okay no matter what.”

“I will,” he promised.

 

“Now children,” Morrison locked my table back in place, “We have to teach your people a lesson.”

“I don't believe you have any right to that claim,” I said unkindly, “You destroyed their chance at normalcy and used them like lab rats to your own sick minded schemes, they should be teaching you a lesson.”

“Maya,” Seth warned me.

“Garnet, you should watch what you say,” Peck came over to my bed and looked down at me angrily, “You were nothing before we started giving you those pills, you were a pathetic little thing who almost died in childbirth because you were weak.”

“Yet I could handle the pills and my brother couldn't,” I looked over at him and he glared at me, “The pills didn't change me, Hunter told me the truth they enhance what is already there.” “I bet if either of you took them you'd have no gift whatsoever,” I chastised then Morrison jolted me, “Keep pressing it, Morrison turn it up high as it can go.”

 

“You have no idea what it was like finding out that two of my earliest patients survived five years on neuro-stroma,” Morrison pushed my head back down and looked down at me, “Your brother gave me reports, but he did not know it was developing did he?”

“No, he didn't,” I smirked.

“Did Price know?” Cass demanded.

“He knew a hell of a lot more than you,” I snapped back at him.

“What do you see right now, Maya?” Morrison whispered in my ear.

“You're going to inject something into each of us,” I tried to keep my face neutral.

“The first step for you and the end unfortunately for Mr. Peck/Adams,” Morrison sighed.

“What?” Dr. Peck exclaimed.


 “No,” I fought my restraints seeing Seth's eyes going dead in my head.



© 2015 Lorena Rose


Author's Note

Lorena Rose
Is there any emotional connection at this point?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

227 Views
Added on February 20, 2015
Last Updated on February 20, 2015


Author

Lorena Rose
Lorena Rose

Montrose, BC, Canada



About
Hey, I am a college girl that's majoring in creative writing. I love writing and like to explore new worlds through the script across the page. Hope you enjoy my writing. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Lorena Rose