Chapter 28

Chapter 28

A Chapter by Lorena Rose

“Maya,” Nora chased after me with Eva on her heels. “What did you see exactly?” she demanded.

“I told you the soldiers and ice girl are coming,” I started running.

“What makes you think this vision was urgent?” Eva requested sounding out of breath.

“I just know, trust me,” I saw the door of the conference room ahead then suddenly the ground beneath us was slick instantaneously. Eva managed to stay standing, but Nora and I fell. I heard a gun shot and I whipped around to see it hit Eva's shoulder.

“Eva,” I said as she screamed and hit the ice hard. I saw Victory try to freeze Nora and I tackled her. She let out a cry of surprise before we landed on the ice. “Take her back,” I threw her at two of the officers, but we were already surrounded. I managed to steal guns from the two officers on the ground. “Nora,” I tossed her one then a throat cleared and I turned around putting my gun right in Head Officer Warner's face.

“Miss. Garnet it would be in your best interests to point that gun at the two girls beside you,” he told me.

“Oh really,” I grabbed Vicky and passed her to Eva who was standing again and looking fairly stable.

“Surrender now,” Warner ordered, “And let go of Victory.”

 

“Why should we surrender Warner? We have your one weapon and we have thousands of talents of our own around here,” I taunted him.

“We have other more lethal weapons,” he took out his gun, “Stand down.”

“No,” I replied then kicked him hard in the shin and turned to shoot down a direct path to the cell room. They hit the officers in their arms then I grabbed my allies and we ran into the room. I locked behind us then I heard men banging on the metal door.

“You three better give up,” Victory pulled free of Eva's grasp and hit Nora with an ice blast.

“Nora,” I caught her then she got up again automatically.

“Victory, you're asking for it,” Eva hit her with a fire ball, but I could see she was already getting weak.

“Nora,” I whispered, “You know how your eyes go through walls.”

“Yeah,” she turned to me.

“Try taking your whole body through one,” I squeezed her hand.

“I'll try,” she agreed then I hit Victory in the back of the head with my gun.

 

“You belong to Doctor Morrison, I also know you will not shoot me,” she got up, “That makes you weak.”

“I won't shoot you because I am nothing like you, I refuse to sink to that level,” I kicked her into the wall, “Also, I belong to myself and Morrison has no control over me and he knows that.”

“He will though,” she turned around, “Stop fighting your destiny, he made you what you are, Maya you owe him everything for this gift.”

“Gift,” I laughed.

“Nora got through,” Eva told me.

“She won't get far we have officers coming in from the south and they'll spread out taking down every one of your friends,” Victory said calmly.

“The south,” I shoved her into the wall and I heard shots hit the door and banging outside.

“Easier access,” she said then hit me, “Now accept your fate.”

“No, your boss didn't give me a gift,” I hit her back harder, “My brother and Darren gave me a gift.”

“What was that?” she tried to knock my feet out from under me.

“They taught me to fight,” I saw she was about to use her ice ability, “Save that up.” I opened the door and threw her out as the ice blast went off and it hit a group of officers. I closed the door again and then I heard guns firing again only they were coming from two directions.

“May,” Eva fell to the ground.

“Eva,” I ran over to her side, “You need a doctor, did the bullet go through your shoulder?”

“No, it's still in there,” she started shaking. I ripped open her shirt and she bit her lip to keep from screaming as I dug my fingers into her wound. I could tell how much pain she was in and I was relieved when I felt the round bullet. I felt a little faint myself, I wasn't a doctor by means. I ripped my shirt and tied the wound up then the door burst open. I turned my gun on the intruder then I saw it was Seth and Darren. “Seth,” Eva reached out for him.

“What happened?” Seth ran to her side while Darren embraced me.

“One of the officers shot her,” I kept my arms around Darren for a second.

“I am so tired,” Eva muttered.

“I'll carry her,” Seth turned to me, “You two go join the fighters, they'll provide better protection.”

“Go to the north face of the bunker, they are all coming from the south,” I commanded then Darren and I hurried out of the room.

“You're bleeding,” Darren noticed my hands as we climbed over unconscious bodies.

“It's not my blood,” I tried to keep them from shaking.

“Watch your back,” he turned and shot down a stray officer. We got to the real fight in the training room and I could tell that the officers were trying to round us up.

“Stay behind me,” Darren ordered, but I saw that a small group of officers were cornering some of the youngest afflicted kids.

 

“Hell no,” I said going over and Darren cursed. I shot one guy in the back of the leg. I hit two of the officers with the butt of my gun then the other two tried to grab me. They managed to knock me down, but then I grabbed one and dragged him down with me. I hit his head into the floor then the other one wrapped his arm around my neck and pulled me back. “Run,” I said and the kids headed for the door.

“I think the afflicted need to be taught a lesson,” he put the gun to my head.

“You're the ones with the problem,” I shot his foot, but only succeeded in making him tighten his grip.

“You'll run out of air before I'll let go,” he said and I began to choke.

“Soldier, stand down,” Warner came around him to see me, “This one is very precious and fragile.”

“Fragile,” I lifted my feet up and kicked him hard in the chest. He fell forward gasping for breath.

 

“On second thought, soldier tighten your grip until she passes out,” Warner ordered.

“Yes sir,” he said then I stabbed my finger into his eye. He screeched and I got out of his grasp.

“Eli, Jemma try full strength,” I shouted when I felt the ground vibrating.

“Okay,” Jemma said then a shock wave blew everyone apart and the ground broke up creating big fissures.

“Garnet,” Warner got up then was shot in the side.

“You need to do what I tell you to, sometimes,” Darren grabbed me and I saw that most of the afflicted were jumping down into the holes in the floor. We climbed down through them too then all headed for the staircase.

“Maya,” Dr. Morgan spotted me.

“Not now,” I said then we went through a broken glass door and into the lab.

“What on earth,” Dr. Peck ran out of the private room, “Morrison, they're down in the lower level now.”

 

“I'll prepare procedure medications then,” Morrison said then I shot the light in the room. We kept moving and Darren knocked down any officers who got in my way. I could protect myself, but he wouldn't let me.

“Stairs,” one of the girls said and Jemma started unlocking some doors while other kids used their gifts to help.

“Maya, you go first,” I heard Dr. Jamieson shout from the front of the group. I hurried forward then just I got into the staircase, I felt a bullet pierce my side. I fell down the first flight of stairs then I looked up to see an officer coming down towards me.

“One officer,” I shouted then one of the guardians picked me up and we all hurried down the stairs. I was relieved when we were in the darkly lit, open bottom level. The guardian set me down near the edge and I put my hand to my side.

 

“Do you need a doctor, Maya?” he asked and I nodded, “Someone get a doctor over here, Miss. Garnet is hurt.”

“Maya, damn it I never should have let you go ahead without me,” Darren came to my side.

“It's alright,” I winced when he touched it, “The fight isn't over, lock all the doors and start looking for exits.”

“Not until you're healed, Jill where are you?” he shouted the last part.

“Here,” she came to my side and looked at the wound, “It isn't a deep wound, I think I can heal this completely.”

“Do it then,” Darren commanded.

“Please, Jill,” I said and she put her hand against my side. I closed my eyes and I felt exactly when the bullet popped out.

“I know it's painful,” Darren held my hand, “Just breathe in and out, it'll be over soon.”

“How is your shoulder?” I opened my eyes to look at him.

“It stings, how is your side now?” he inquired.

“It stings,” I replied and he gave me a look, “It's a little better, help me up I'll look for the exits with your team.”

“You cannot move you just got shot,” he pushed me back down, “Nora, where are you?”

“Here,” Nora was at my side almost immediately.

“Make sure Maya stays here and Garnet if you have any visions send Jill to find me,” Darren got to his feet.

 

“You keep telling me I am strong, I want to prove it,” I snapped at him.

“You can prove it by staying put and waiting,” he answered then ran off.

“I cannot just sit here,” I forced myself to stand up.

“May, he might be right you're shaking,” Nora tried to help me sit down again, “Sit out this one.”

“I can't,” I said then got a flash. I was fighting officers then on that table with Seth on the next.

 

“Sorry, Miss. Garnet,” Peck stuck a needle into my arm and I cried out in pain.

“Maya, I told you that you should sit down,” Nora said as I leaned back against the wall. I focused and another flash came to me. The pile of wood broke apart and there was air coming through it. The tunnel appeared and then the stars were above us.

“She needs to relax a little, or she'll tense her muscles and the healing will take longer to help her,” Hunter joined us.

 

“Where is Seth?” I asked refocusing on the real world.

“He's guarding one of the doors,” he told me, “Did you see something?”

“The officers are going to get through, I need to get to Seth,” I grabbed his arm, “I need you to do something for me.”

“Anything, my dear,” he agreed.

 

“The tunnel is behind the wood pile over there,” I pointed in the direction of it, “Get people out of here, I'll follow.”

“I'll get on it,” he kissed my hand then headed off.

“Good,” I said then went looking for Seth.



© 2015 Lorena Rose


Author's Note

Lorena Rose
what is coming for Maya?
What are her visions telling her?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

374 Views
Added on February 20, 2015
Last Updated on February 20, 2015


Author

Lorena Rose
Lorena Rose

Montrose, BC, Canada



About
Hey, I am a college girl that's majoring in creative writing. I love writing and like to explore new worlds through the script across the page. Hope you enjoy my writing. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Lorena Rose