Chapter 11, The Cold Night Of Hate

Chapter 11, The Cold Night Of Hate

A Chapter by ((Teenage_Poet_Loser))
"

wind+hospital+dark+talking old people=horror

"

Like fate wanted it, I was the bed directly beside the window, the only window in the room with 8 beds. The worst part is that it was open, not wide but just-just open; big enough for the devil's wind to intrude the safety of my warm duvet. No matter how I tried to lay, the wind, the small breeze entered from some mysterious place and disrupting my sleep. It was pitch-black except for the moon's dim light, and all the nurses where at home or on standby at the ICU.
My wrist watch flashed 01:04. S**t. I turned around, my back facing the cold window this time. It felt better.
02:35. I slept for about an hour and a half. Two beds from mine is an old guy, probably 76 years old. He decided it is time to snore now, and wonderful fate again with its games, I was the only one woken up. A dream is such a wonderful place when you want to be there, rather than in a hospital bed that smells of vomit. I felt the heaviness return to my eyelids as they became too heavy to keep open, and alas, they fell close.
"Jason, Jason wake up!" a hand shook mine hard that I woke up from the dream of ponies and butterflies and pink fairies. My eyes didn't want to focus in the bright morning sun for a while, but got used to it by the time I realised the person who woke me up was a small girl. Not young, just small. When she turned around ready to lead me out the room, I saw the length of her hair. It was pitch black and it hung on her lower back, just above her pants. Her skin was a pale white and her eyes dark brown.
"Where to are we going," I asked in a quiet but low voice still filled with the sleep of 5 minutes ago. She took my hand when I climbed out of the bed. "The needle, wait," I pulled it abruptly out of my arm with a few sprinkles of blood escaping with the sharp needle. The pain shot through my arm and a small shriek left my mouth.
Her hand was cold, rather icy and small. Her footsteps were silent, almost as if they weren't there for some reason. I walked behind her, really close. "Where are we..."
"Shhht," she made the sound with her finger over her lips. Her face was calm, but her eyes showed a different story; disturbance, fear.
We stopped by the entry of the building; there was no one at the receptionist's table, only the phone. The receiver was on the ground. Something wasn't right. I bent down to pick it up when I heard the scream.



© 2011 ((Teenage_Poet_Loser))


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

310 Views
Added on November 17, 2011
Last Updated on November 17, 2011

The Last Letter