Chapter 19, Playing With Time

Chapter 19, Playing With Time

A Chapter by ((Teenage_Poet_Loser))

            “What do you mean that she is crazy?” I asked while walking down the fairway of the second hole.

“Their whole family is just wacko. I didn’t like the vibe,” John said walking beside me with the bag over his shoulder.

I said nothing after that for a while. I played my shot like a paraplegic shanking it into the bushes. I never liked the sport before, but I like to play it. Or that is what I convinced myself to believe.

            “Where does she live, I mean what house?”

“Are you kidding me, are you going to go for her? That crazy chick?”

“Man, I need someone,” I said looking downwards.

“You have me and Katy,” he said in a mocking voice.

“Funny, you have Katy for yourself, I don’t have someone.”
“Just be careful, she can get into your head if you know what I mean.”
“I don’t know,” I said after finding my ball trapped under a bush behind the green.

            After the round we sat at the bar, both drinking a beer. How we managed to get it with not showing our ID’s no one can explain, but we had them now and we liked every second of the fact that we were underage.  

            “I cannot believe I missed that put on the last hole,” I said under the noise of the soccer game playing in the background of the bar on the flat screen.

“Yeah, shhh I can’t hear what they’re saying,” he waved his hand over my side to keep quiet. That is what you get for being nice to someone. Life stinks.

“Why can’t you just keep better?” John shouted at the screen. I looked over my shoulder and saw on the replay the goal that Arsenal scored against I think Chelsea. I didn’t get soccer really. Kicking a white ball around a huge field seemed so useless. But I think people will say that for golf also. What’s up with you hitting that little white ball all over the course and running behind it like a loony? I guess what they said made complete sense. I didn’t care.

            “We must do this again man! I enjoyed it,” John said after the game, Arsenal loosing 1 to Chelsea’s 2.

“Next time bring Katy.”

“You leave Katy alone she’s mine,” he hit my shoulder and gave me a whack on the back of my head.

“Yeah man, you can keep her,” I rubbed my hand over the back of my head to ease the pain.

“Watch out for that Michelle girl now, don’t let her creep up in your skin like she did with me,” he walked off to his home at the corner of the street with the oversized bag hanging down his shoulder.
            I guess you must master up the guts now!



© 2011 ((Teenage_Poet_Loser))


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

260 Views
Added on December 15, 2011
Last Updated on December 15, 2011

The Last Letter