Chapter 21, Is This Just A Dream?

Chapter 21, Is This Just A Dream?

A Chapter by ((Teenage_Poet_Loser))

“Do you like poetry?”

She asked me after taking a mouthful of the coffee she drank. Her eyes looked straight into mine when I looked up from my coffee.

“I don’t really read a lot,” I saw the hunger in her eyes to be heard. “But if you write I will be more than glad to read,” I said with a smile.

“Great,” excitement filled her face when she pulled a piece of paper out of her handbag. “Read this,” she said when she gave me the paper. On it was a shaky handwriting, but I could make out what stood on it:

Your eyes closed as I walk in

My eyes drenched in tears

But you lay still in the bed

I am the only one by your side

Praying

Talking

Singing

Hoping

You left me alone for far too long

My tears flood down the sides of my cheeks

You lay still with the poison killing you slowly

From the inside

For the last time I saw your smile

It made me cry with a smile

I saw you close your eyes on me for the last time

 

I read it again, and for the third time I was sure what I thought. “Did you write this?” I looked her in the eyes when I threw the question across the table.

“Yes,” she said half shy, but with a satisfactory smile at least. “You’re the first person who read it; I am really shy about my writing.”

“It is, uh, amazing, really. I loved it!”

“Please don’t lie,” she looked away from my gaze with her cheeks turning red.

“I swear with my life. I normally don’t read, but this was fantastic. I read it three times to just capture the beauty. And I’m not a poem reader type of person.”

“Thank you. I appreciate,” she looked up from where ever her gaze was to look me in the eyes. Her smile made me smile, no matter how cheesy it sounds; I like it.

            My foot brushed hers quick when a silence entered the room for no reason. It was by accident but I think she thought I did it on purpose because it made her smile.

“I really enjoyed today,” I said when the waiter brought the bill. She stretched her arm to take it, but I was too quick. I opened it and saw the amount, but it was worth it.

“Thank you,” she said when we walked out the doors. “I would really like to see you again. It was fun. Oh yeah, here is my number. Text me,” her eyes had a playful jump in them that made my stomach turn around in excitement.

            We hugged each other for too long, but that was fine with me. It reminded me of Amy. I turned away quickly so that she wouldn’t see my up-and-coming-tears emotion. I felt a nausea building up in the bottom of my stomach. The emotions of that night entered my mind. “Why now,” I asked while walking down the passage of the mall, walking past hundreds of faces. No one cared to look at me, the pain and sorrow I felt was just another human emotion. I kept on walking past all the shops filled with people buying their expensive gifts for Christmas. I kept on walking until I was home. 



© 2011 ((Teenage_Poet_Loser))


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

278 Views
Added on December 15, 2011
Last Updated on December 15, 2011

The Last Letter