Chapter 12, The Screams

Chapter 12, The Screams

A Chapter by ((Teenage_Poet_Loser))
"

the mind of a teenager can be messed up sometimes

"

I sat against the white wall across the table where the phone lay on floor. My hands shivered, my body was covered with goosbumbs and icy chills went down my back from all the noises coming from the receiver. Distorted sounds came from the talking end; it was people screaming, small girls. I tried to move into the wall with my hands wrapped around my knees. A sweat drop dripped down my back with a chill running through my whole body. I closed my eyes to get away from the horror, the horrible screams filling my ears to the core. "What is this, HELP ME! GET AWAY!" I screamed as loud as I could, the sound pitching really hard for my low voice. A cold hand touched my shoulder where I sat, and I could smell a breath mint. The room suddenly became light again, the darkness almost flowing away like water from a table.
I opened my eyes abruptly to find myself in the same room, but the sun was out; bright strokes of sun covered the room where people sat around me, looking at me like I was some crazed animal that escaped from a mental hospital. My hands still shook from the fear; it was then that I quickly looked across to the table where the receiver was. A blond girl was talking on it.

"I am afraid we are going to keep Jason here for a couple of more days for observation, last night’s acts may just be stress of what happened to him. He still hasn’t talked to you about what happened?"
"No, he doesn't want to talk to me," I could hear the doctor talking to my mother just outside the door where my room was. They moved me to a single room, where I was alone, all by myself. There were no curtains in the room, the bed stank of piss, and I just didn't like the feeling of the room; it was also much darker than the previous room even though the sun was shining through the window. It was on the second floor of the three story building standing on the edge of Old Cravingstone road and Bateheaven Street.
I tried to hear what they were saying now, but they whispered to quiet for me to hear anything coming from their lips. It was probably ten minutes when my mother entered the room again, on her face were a small sympathetic smile for some reason.
"What did he say? Why are you smiling?" I asked her with haste the moment she sat next to me.
"Oh, that. No nothing. Nothing really, he just asked me on a date," her eyes rolled over in her head while she said it with excitement.
"When can I go home?"
"I forgot to ask, but I think tomorrow," her head tilted looking at the ceiling, "doesn't that look like a dead bird to you," she pointed to the left corner. There where moss growing, black.
"Just go away, please," I said with irritation back in my voice. This wasn't for me; I hated hospitals like I hated most of the things in my life.



© 2011 ((Teenage_Poet_Loser))


Author's Note

((Teenage_Poet_Loser))
review PLEASE!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
EMF
A terrific piece. As each chapter grows, you are obviously more comfortable with your style and flow. A great read. The only thing I would suggest would be that you go back to your earlier chapters for a quick edit and see if they could be developed a little further. Nothing wrong with them at all, but against this one they would benefit from a little comparrison

Posted 12 Years Ago


nice shot!!!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Well done, another fine chapter

Posted 12 Years Ago


good chapter!

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

326 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 18, 2011
Last Updated on November 19, 2011

The Last Letter



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Life's Dead End Life's Dead End

A Poem by Thea


He is the "ONE" He is the "ONE"

A Poem by Thea


Days with You Days with You

A Poem by Thea


All Alone All Alone

A Poem by Thea