Chapter 20, What Happened To Me?

Chapter 20, What Happened To Me?

A Chapter by ((Teenage_Poet_Loser))

            The door opened slowly with a creak breaking the silence that filled the air. Portrayed in the doorframe was an old lady smiling. Her weathered skin was brown and almost dripping down her face. Life was cruel to her.

            “Hello, can I help,” the voice was hoarse and deep; not what I expected.

“Is Michelle home,” I asked with hesitation.

Michelle,” she screamed down the hall pulling her feet over the wooden floors. I walked in slowly behind her but stopped at the entrance of the home. I heard feet running down the stairs and saw her face immediately with a smile across it. Around the corner, she saw me and led us outside.

“Hi,” he smile increased a bit when she greeted me with a tight hug.

“Hi, I hope this isn’t too awkward with me coming to your house,” I said after she released me. “I thought I was here, why not come over.”

“Do you want to come in and have a drink,” her smile broadened again.

“I cannot stay long,” I said with a frown on my face. “But if you want we can have a coffee or something tomorrow at the mall? My treat,” I smile crept on my face as I looked into her eyes. I felt my heart beating faster and my face warming up a little.

“I would like that a lot,” she hugged me again. I smiled for the last time and saw her close the door after we greeted. Was something wrong with me? A girl actually said yes to my offer for a date! A real girl, and a pretty one. I walked down the road, almost against a sign in the way. It is kind of a fright when you miss a sharp edge by millimetres, but I had a date for tomorrow! My life was coming back together.



© 2011 ((Teenage_Poet_Loser))


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

223 Views
Added on December 15, 2011
Last Updated on December 15, 2011

The Last Letter