Chapter 18, The Time Of Our Lives Has Not Yet Come

Chapter 18, The Time Of Our Lives Has Not Yet Come

A Chapter by ((Teenage_Poet_Loser))

It was Monday morning, and it was vacation, the first day of vacation. I am so ecstatic that my legs cannot move. The question I think not even God can answer, why is it so nice to lay in bed like a paraplegic? That was another days worries. I had to get the number of... I was then when the truth hit me like a bullet: I didn’t know her name. How could I be so insensitive? So stupid not to ask her name! “You clut!”

 

            “You didn’t even ask for her number?” his voice was dry without any emotion; his eyes never leaving the screen of his phone. It was just enough; I stood up from where we sat and stared out of the window but all I could see was the edge of the swimming pool. The clicking sound his fingers made on the phone was penetrating my ears with loud bangs. I turned around, seeing John still on the phone made me want to hit him.

            “What’s her name?” I asked.

“Who?” he asked in an absent voice.

“The girl on the other side of the screen.”

“Oh, her. Just a friend,” he looked up from the screen for the first time. A smile stretched across his face with satisfaction as if he achieved something really great.

“I’m going to play golf later, you want to come? Begin the vacation on a good note.”

“Yeah man,” he said in a I-am-not-really-up-for-it voice. I left without saying goodbye.

 

            “Who killed your hamster,” the voice came from the back of my head while I stood on the flat surface of putting green. A smile grew across my face when I recognised the voice. It was the girl from church. My insides jumped up and down and from side to side when I turned around. She stood on the other side of the green with her blue skirt and sandals; a white top stretched across her top. The same blue eyes looked into my eyes.

            “My brother,” I looked down onto the round in front of me. “Just joking, I don’t have a hamster or brother. I didn’t know you played golf, but it doesn’t really look like you have the uh, right clothes on.” I said with a smile.

“We live on the first hole.”

“Oh yeah,” I said with eagerness in my voice. “I didn’t even ask for your name.”

“Michelle,” she said looking at me with a smile.

“Michelle, sounds familiar,” I just said it when John ran up the cart path with haste.

            “Did I miss...” he started to say when he saw who I was talking to. “What is she doing here?”

“Am I missing something here? Do you know each other?”

She just gazed at him while John stood still. “I didn’t want to see you again,” she said in a monotonic voice.



© 2011 ((Teenage_Poet_Loser))


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

268 Views
Added on December 15, 2011
Last Updated on December 15, 2011

The Last Letter