Chapter 28, The Friendly Smile

Chapter 28, The Friendly Smile

A Chapter by ((Teenage_Poet_Loser))

            “Thank you so much again for buying,” Michelle said with a broad smile stretched across her face. Without any warning she planted a kiss on my lips in front of the other two girls. I couldn’t help but close my eyes and stand there like a fool. I opened them and saw that she was still standing there with her too-big-for-her-face smile. The smell of something sweet entered my nose with force and I almost searched for clean air. But I liked the smell.

“We can do it again,” was the only reasonable thing I could think of to say. I turned to Lauren and just smiled. She was on a bit on the weird side; I couldn’t place her between friendly or horny. At least she didn’t try anything with me, she wasn’t even pretty.

“Thank you too,” Amy said with a small smile. “Would you mind walking me home?” she looked at me while the other two girls babbled on over something useless.

“We’re going to go now okay.” I said.

“Okay handsome,” Michelle said with a goodbye kiss on my cheek. Lauren gave me a creepy look and we just walked away. I felt an awkward feeling left behind me as we walked further away from the two girls.

            I saw a side of Michelle that she never showed before; a much more overpowering girl needing someone I think. But that wasn’t me; I wanted to be with Amy.

 

            “What was that?” Amy asked as we walked down beach road. I could feel her shoulder bumping into mine a couple of times. It was like we first met, and we started all over. I hope that was a good thing.

“The thing with Michelle? Oh nothing, I think.” I said while looking down at my feet.

“I don’t like that girl,” she said with a smirk on her face.

Silence fell upon us as we walked homewards; a road I knew fairly well from all the walks we had. I smiled in the awkward moment when I thought about our times together.

“What you smiling all about?” she asked.

“I thought about the time that old guy chased as away from his chair when we kissed.”

“It was fun.” A smile came to life on her face, but I could see that there was nothing beneath it, no emotion. It scared me. I knew I was the a*s in this picture, but I didn’t want to be kicked by the same donkey in the face again. The smile on my face quickly disappeared when I thought about the guys she had me beaten up. She didn’t have the guts to be there that day, to witness her handwork.

“Sorry, I need to go.” I said after another minute of silence and just walked away. I couldn’t take it anymore. What if she led me into another trap? Or if she just wanted to get me back for hurting her. Or maybe she was still in love with me, but the chance was too big that I could get hurt again.

 

            My feet lumbered down on the road, foot after foot, repeatedly like I was programed to do it from birth. My breathing was quiet, but what if I forgot to breath? Is there a switch in your mind that something switches on to be alive? What the hell was life? I walked down the road with the sun still high in the sky shining its deadly rays over my body. Did we evolve from apes? Or did God really exist? Or was He just a mere fictional character in a book that someone wrote more than 2000 years ago? And why the hell do I wanted to know all these? Snap out of it! Get a grip, get yourself together.

The front door was open and there was a green car that stood in the place where Mom’s car was supposed to be parked. Grandma was here...

“Look how big you have become! Oh Pete come and look at this handsome boy! Don’t you just want to but your hand through his hair?” her voice was sharp and high, shooting into my ears.

“Yeah,” is all he said looking out of the window.



© 2011 ((Teenage_Poet_Loser))


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

340 Views
Added on December 23, 2011
Last Updated on December 23, 2011

The Last Letter