Chapter 14, Why Would You Run?

Chapter 14, Why Would You Run?

A Chapter by ((Teenage_Poet_Loser))
"

Running away can sometimes be the stupidist the to do

"

I arched my back; or rather my body did it without my permission out of reaction from the ‘pain’ and ‘shock’ I thought I felt. My back was soaked with my own sweat dripping slowly down. I breathed in more air than I should have; the air cold and almost damp through the open window.

“S**t, my legs are still there, my stomach, no holes,” my hands moved all over my body to find marks, just checking if last night was a dream for real.

“Remember, you are not going crazy! It is only this place, like in those horror movies,” I talked in a slow voice as I helped myself straight in the bed that was supposed to help me get some rest through the night.

“Good morning, Jason,” the nurse looked up from the notepad with a smile into my eyes. She was pretty; her black hair just falling short of her shoulders, her eyes brown and her lips plump enough for me to kiss till I die of exhaustion. Snap out of it man! Get a grip of yourself. And don’t talk to yourself! “How is my patient feeling?”

“Not very good I suppose, dreamt a little girl killed me last night.”

“That’s not fun I tell you! Well, at least you’re still alive,” a giggle escaped her mouth, small patches of her inner ‘child’ still intact but quickly disappearing in the new world of money, power and ‘maturity’. She moved around to the monitor where the beeping came from. She made some notes on the board again. I heard every ruffled sound the pen made on the board; it hitting the inner core of my ear. It didn’t hurt, but it irritated me. Just get out! I shouted in my head while she stood on an almost vacation in my room.
Eventually she put the board back into the bed and walked out the door with an over eager smile on her not-so-pretty-face anymore. This was probably the only chance I had. With sheer force, I ripped the needle out of my arm; small drops of blood flew across the room and hit the white wall. The red blood spatters seeped slowly down the wall leaving behind the long dozing look. My feet hit the cold floor with little sound, but the cold almost made me cry out loud. I closed the door slowly as I passed it, and grabbed my clothes that lied on the stool.

 

The door opened slowly as I looked out for any oncoming ‘traffic’ of doctors walking through the hallway. As the coast was clear of all the footsteps, I started to walk fast alongside the wall with the countless windows. At first my footsteps were fast, but after the first couple of meters, I slowed down to a stroll. The beating in my heart increased as I looked some of the nurses in the eyes, wishing every second passing that my nurse won’t see me.
“He will be fine; he just needs to drink the medication.”

“Maybe once a day?”

My eyes were focused on the end of the hallway, where the light really shone. I thought the light actually shone at the end of my tunnel, but God, or even the devil, or for whoever cares, brought my nurse out of the cafeteria, right in front of the entrance.

“What are you doing here? You are supposed to be in bed young boy!” her voice stood out above the crowd of hundreds of children laughing. I felt the grip around my arm, but it was a girls.

“Let go of me,” my voice has never been so furious at someone, not even my mom. My cheeks became hot, flashes of heat signalling the rising of the adrenalin in my body. The sound of all the children screaming and their mothers calling to them was muffled out, fading quick to absolute silence. My eyes were lowered to her hand. I felt the grip intensifying. I looked up at her. My eyes made contact with hers and I kept level with her. My right arm hit her face with brute force. “What are you doing?”, “Help her!”

Screams filled the lower building when her body dropped to the floor. People rushed over to her limp body, but no one looked at me. The raising volume of the crowd snapped me out of the dreamy world I entered; the unfolding horror brought me to my senses. Without the realisation, my left foot started to move and then my right foot; shortly after I started to run for the door. It was only five meters when I heard the shrieking voice, “Get the boy!”  



© 2011 ((Teenage_Poet_Loser))


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Author's Note

((Teenage_Poet_Loser))
no one reviews my stuff anymore =/

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I will! I like the little girl(: I like her alot! A mixture of evil and pettiness.....*evil smile* sounds firmiliar teehee

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

306 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on November 21, 2011
Last Updated on November 21, 2011

The Last Letter