#8 The Dropout

#8 The Dropout

A Chapter by tynamite
"

The misunderstood people whose damaged nature causes them to be an outcast, find likewise people and form a group.

"

Let me tell you about some things that were said in a conversation that I was involved in. I wasn't in a room with all these people, it was a different social construct. If we were all in a room together, we probably would have lay in the park and chilled, eating ice creams and making joke.


Things were going as they normally did. People were talking, I was talking, but most people weren't talking though. I forgot what it was that we were talking about, because it wasn't important. I have a good memory. We must have been talking about rubbish. I think actually that we were. I remember all the substantial conversations.


Anyway, this person enters the room, and he decides to join in the conversation. When he tries to talk people can't hear him. His sound isn't very clear. Normally it is clear, but right now it wasn't. I said that I couldn't hear him, and two other people said the same thing. He then started talking about how he was being ganged up on and how we were being mean to him by cutting him off. He started to get really wound up and he threatened to leave. I told him things straight by saying the events in chronological order, so he changed his mind and decided to stay. I do not know this person, I do not know any of these people. I dont' even know their names. He spoke about how he has cysts and one in his brain and another critical illness that had a weird name so I had no idea what it is. He sounded depressed. He said that he smokes weed and comes to this place so he can distract himself from his poor quality of life.


After that a girl who is three years younger than me spoke, saying that her life was bad. She said that she's cut herself many times. Obviously nobody here would expect that she would so such a thing. Another person said that they hated their life too. I then said something. "You know what I would call this place? I would call it The Dropout. Because we live our life, stuff happens, and then we come here and talk.


Sadly such a thing does not exist in real life, unless you're giving up smoking, losing weight or going to Alcoholics Anoymous.



© 2011 tynamite


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

The Dropout Group, very interesting chapter. Very serious chapter. To me everyone experiences depression or life's troubles from time to time.
Life fails to be perfect for everyone. Groups gathering to help or console themselves to me is taking care of oneself.

Sad chapter but very meaningful too.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

305 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on January 30, 2011
Last Updated on August 24, 2011
Tags: chat, problems, outcasts, loneliness


Author

tynamite
tynamite

Birmingham, England, United Kingdom



About
Hello peepz! I write novels and short stories in the "urban life" genre going for the "thought provoking" style. You could call it realism, but even romance and crime novels can be realistic, so I.. more..

Writing