Failing

Failing

A Chapter by BrynnaW.
"

By HeartOfStars and BrynnaW.

"
    

“I found it!” Ian shouted after almost an hour.

 

Elisa looked up and walked to him. Ian held some white scarves; within them laid a black book. The screams and pulling grew louder, harder. Elisa covered her ears and Ian opened the book.

 

There was a loud, horrifying scream that came from the book. Ian and Elisa stared at each other, frightened. Then they began to read the book. It was full of old spells, potions and things like that. All was dusty and unreadable.

 

“Here, look. Let’s try this one,” Elisa said, pointing to a spell.

“Calling up the creatures? Elisa you are crazy!” Ian exclaimed.

“Come on Ian, you don’t believe those legends do you?”

“Well…, no but…”

“Then let’s try it and we’ll tell Dan that he missed an awesome night,” Elisa said.

“Alright then, let’s try” Ian sighed.

Elisa grinned and in union they started mumbling. “Oh Dark creatures in this book, please arise to in the heart of night. Arise now, your time has come. Called by children you are, answer us!”

 

Nothing happened. A light breeze flew passed them. Ian frowned and they tried again. Again, nothing. Elisa cursed.

 

“This is all Dan’s fault, if he would have been here it would have worked!”

“Easy, El. We’ll take the book and go to him,” Ian calmed her down.

 

Elisa nodded and they started walking. As they reached the gates, they couldn’t get further. The book made them go back. Ian and Elisa stared at each other, frowning.

 

“Perhaps we should leave it here and come back tomorrow,” Ian suggested.

“This wouldn’t have happened if Dan were here,” Elisa growled, but she agreed.

 

They buried the book again and on their way home, Elisa called Dan on her mobile phone. He didn’t pick up his phone, so she left a message that he had let them down. At home, their parents were waiting.




© 2011 BrynnaW.


Author's Note

BrynnaW.
By HeartOfStars and BrynnaW. Hope you liked it!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

154 Views
Added on July 4, 2011
Last Updated on July 4, 2011


Author

BrynnaW.
BrynnaW.

My New Home, OR



About
My name is Brynna Wynne Wiley. Aka: BrynnaW. I'm supposed to tell all about myself right here but... I've done that before. Now, it's just about the writing. more..

Writing
Mute Mute

A Poem by BrynnaW.


Mute Mute

A Poem by BrynnaW.


The Circus The Circus

A Story by BrynnaW.