Chapter 27: Rain

Chapter 27: Rain

A Chapter by Jensen Roman
"

Fey and Saei finally get to have a moment together but a forgotten worry resurfaces.

"

Chapter 27: Rain

 

Sleep…it was what she told him to do…but how could he? The berries did little to nothing to calm his worried mind, except for numbing a bit of his pain but the concerns still flowed, bringing about endless questions. Was it wise what he almost did? He could had sworn he told himself to hold out until he finally delivered her to Estyuin and at the barrier…he could come to terms with everything.


What Fey didn’t know…was he could never stay there. The menders wouldn’t allow one such as himself to live there…even if she begged and pleaded. There was just no possible way…


If that was the case…why was he torturing them both more with touches and desires?


Saei lowered his eyes, the glow fading a bit from his eyes as he watched a small six-legged lizard scurry across the forest floor to find shelter. The warm sun had been forced behind dark clouds and the shadows started to creep over the land. He could already smell the hints of rain coming…but that still didn’t solve his problem.


At the moment…that blasted king was probably poisoning her mind…possibly even lying about him. Saei never did tell her fully what happened between the both of them. It was a skirmish…but Saei never succumbed to the tingly desires in his system. He smelled the serpent’s blood…saw the holy energy leaking from him…but Saei had control.


Was he filling her mind with the opposite? Was he telling her how he had drops of blood and attacked him?


Would Fey believe him?


Saei exhaled deeply and leaned against one of the railings on the pavilion. He was alone…which suited him for he didn’t feel like dealing with anyone at the moment.


He still needed to tell Basil about himself as well…


What a cursed day it was…


If only he could be alone with his thoughts…and have Fey nearby without an ounce of fear of what he COULD do…then it’d be perfect.


He was no fool…he knew she still held a small percentage of caution around him…and surely if he told his brother, there would be a fight.


Some journey this was turning out to be…


His long tail swept slowly behind him as he saw a single drop of rain hit the ground near the poor lizard, scaring it into the bushes…but…for now…what were his options? The feral took a comfy seat against one the tall pillars and listened as the rain started to fall, hitting leaves near him and pelting the ground.

There were technically only two when it came to everything.


Confess to his brother or remain hidden…


Confess to Fey or keep quiet…


He desired to see neither of them emotionally injured…but no matter what he would choose, it would be taking a knife and slicing off a piece of their heart if so.


‘…how would this journey play out…if my mask was never removed…?’ He asked himself and slowly closed his eyes, his long ears twitching when the rain started to come down in bigger amounts, bouncing off the sides of the palace. Eventually, it would be difficult to hide himself and trying to keep them safe at the same time, especially traveling the pass. He would have had to be in the same cable car as them…and found out.


‘Wonder what advice Yhisin would attempt to give me?’ His old friend would probably just tell him to follow what would make him happy…but life was more complicated than that.


Sighing, the dragon leaned his head back against the pillar and just listened to the rain, hoping it would wash everything away. The end of his tail swayed mindlessly across the floor as he felt his mind slowly becoming numb to everything.


The sound of the rain had pulled him so far from reality that he didn’t even heed to his senses. It was only at the last second when he heard the soft sound of footsteps…and smelled something sweet.


Could be a servant passing by so he didn’t give them a second thought but it was only when he felt something closer that threw out the idea of a passing worker. Soft fabric brushed against his tail and he felt the smallest vibration of someone sitting next to him. The sweet scent was only stronger…and his heart thrummed at knowing who it belonged to.


Slowly, his silver eyes opened as he watched multiple drops falling before him outside the safety of the pavilion but out of the corner of his eye…he spotted a light blue gown with flakes stitched into the ends. A white furred tail swayed near his but never made contact.


“I always loved the sound of rain…” Fey whispered, barely hearable over the sound of the storm but he still did.


“So have I…though it barely stormed like this back at Phayr.”


“It always snowed…or had nice summers.”


“In Hulei it rained, worse than this. Whenever I was not being bossed by the king, I would sit and listen.”


Their conversation was light…and it didn’t feel as if she was a mender and he a drysiohn. Two opposing beings that feared and hungered after the other. If anyone passed by now, they would appear as normal friends. Cautiously, Saei glanced down at her but she seemed calm and watched the rain outside with him. Her body was only a few inches from his but close enough that she could lean on him if she desired.


“…what did the king of Hulei make you do?” She asked, keeping the topic off what both of their minds wanted to bring up. For now, they just wanted to enjoy the company.


“Before he discovered you? Meaningless tasks…breaking up fights…oppressing ferals…despite being one myself…I made sure his human guards didn’t lose control when in the feral district. Most of them forgot mannerisms so usually when I showed it would calm everything down. Yhisin and I were not to be taken lightly…and rumors spread that Imperials were lethal guards of the king.”


“Were you?” She lightly asked with a soft smile but never looked away from the downpour.


“I would say so…I never dealt with a problem I couldn’t handle.” The small talk between them died somewhat, the sound of the rain escalating to take their focus away and Saei deeply exhaled as he cherished this small moment.


“…I thought you would be asleep,” he heard her speak.


“I attempted…but I wished to come here to think,” he admitted and did his best not to bring up anything current or the worries on his mind. Thankfully, Fey seemed to think the same and giggled softly which drew his attention down to her.


“What is so amusing?” He asked her with a raised eyebrow.


“Remember back when we had our first snow fight?” She questioned and for the first time since she sat down she drew her eyes up to his. A flicker of reflection swept across his eyes before he groaned at the memory, looking annoyed.


“It was during your first trip.”


“Yeah and I barely played in the snow so we went outside. I was so cold.”


“So cold that you wanted to go back inside to warm up.”


“But Basil gathered the biggest snowball ever and pelted me with it.”


“The nuisance. I got him back for you by stuffing snow down the back of his clothing.”


More soft giggles surfaced from her. “You did but then you two got into a fight and wrestled in the snow…which might I add, got you both sick.”


Saei curled his tail closer at the thought and let out an embarrassed sigh.


“I was ill for a week.”


“You had a running nose and couldn’t stop sneezing.”


“Basil’s sneezing was deadly, fire popping into his hands.”


“You two did get better though…but you were back out in the snow again.”


“…we were not so bright as children as we are now,” he teased and she smiled wider, moving closer to him a bit when a bit of a cold breeze swept through the pillars to assault her.


“Do you recall the time when you supposedly found a spider in your room?” Saei asked with a fond smile and Fey shivered at the memory.


“I swore I saw it!”


“I searched your entire room…nothing. All I left with was a knot on my head from hitting the underside of your bed when you shrieked.”


“Really sorry about that,” she lowered her eyes apologetically but still had on a smile, wanting to giggle when her mind flashed an image of a younger Saei holding his sore head…but the silence took over them again. The storm produced more rain until it was hard to see the forest beyond the railings and she shivered slightly when the wind brushed bypassed the fabric to raise bumps to her skin.


“Cold?” He asked, noticing her arms quivering a bit and her tail sought shelter near her gown.


“A b-bit,” she answered and gasped softly when his large arm snaked around her waist to pull her close to his side as well as his tail sweeping around her to add more heat to her body. Her tail was caught between her own body and his tail and her cheeks darkened prettily but he didn’t speak a word to make it worse.

It was already a bit nerve-racking after what she had heard from Yuuin…but…her heart wouldn’t stop at feeling…protected. Yuuin was wrong…no matter what Saei was…he wouldn’t try anything and even if his instincts kicked in, he’d fight against them.


Fey swallowed shyly, feeling the muscles in his arm tightening and his chest expanding beside her with each breath he took but she tried to keep her focus on the rain.


Each one of her senses thought only of rain…but it was terribly short lived.


The scent of the rain was slowly taken over by a natural scent, almost like bark.


The soft pitter pattering against the palace sounded miles away due to her ears swiveling toward the feral beside her. She could hear his soft breathing…and his heart, only just slightly.


Another breeze drifted in but this time it had no effect on her. All she felt was warmth at being so close to him and even he could tell when the wind was trying to get at her for his tail curled closer to her. Though she could had kept the silence going since she was sure he wouldn’t bring up anything, Fey nervously turned her head to notice she was close to hitting the dragon’s chin and decided to throw out more of her questions.


“U-umm…Saei?”


“Hn?”


“I’ve been wondering something for a while…ever since you came along in Hulei.”


A low rumble of thunder roared in the far distance, turning the dragon’s head toward the direction but he tilted his head slightly to let her know he was still listening.


“The sword that you have…when we fought back then…you sent an attack at me.”


“Why didn’t it harm you?”


“Yeah…and then when you fought that wolf it seemed the attack was out for blood.”


“Energy, depending on the user, can bring harm or nothing. When I attacked you, if I could even call it that, I willed my shadows to merely pass through you. I was assaulting you for show until I found the right moment to inform you of a way out.”


“That’s really nifty. So, if you wanted to hurt someone…?”


“Then it would strip the very skin from them. Grotesque but I have perfected my trait during my time under the king. Basil could be the same if he honed his skills. If he wished it, his fire would not harm you.”


“Yeah, I felt the flames once…I wish I could do the same,” she frowned and looked back to watch the rain but Saei turned his eyes down onto her.


“The same? You mean fight?”


“A bit. I feel useless every time you, Basil or Sid have to protect me. I almost feel like a nuisance? So…I’d like to learn.” Her ears folded back sadly but she felt him shift beside her and she was shivering once more when he stood to face her.


“We’ll begin with basics.”


“W-what?”


“I am not a mentor…but I can show you what I know. It would be wise if you knew some sort of defense if we can’t reach you in time. Might have to have a small sword forged for you.”


A wide smile graced her face and she was instantly on her feet, looking excited to learn.


“Ready!”


Saei raised an eyebrow and found her enthusiasm to be endearing. With a soft smile, he slowly assumed an attacking stance which worried her.


“For starters, you will assume a stance that one movement may alter your fight…while also leaving no openings. Example…try and attack me.”


“…a-attack you?”


“The best that you can.”


Narrowing her eyes slightly, Fey did the best that could she could while wearing her gown to leap at him with her claws ready but she saw his eyes open just a sliver wider as he grabbed her wrist before her claws could hurt his face.


“Not bad,” he praised and released her hand. “But now you see the importance of trying to find either a weak spot or opening in your opponent. Now, you try a stance and I will show you.”


The cold she was feeling from the downpour was slowly slipping away as she felt the blood rushing through her system faster. Taking a few steps back, Fey did her best to copy what she saw Saei do with her legs locked beneath her gown and her hands up to be ready to attack or defend. The feral across from her studied her for only a few seconds.


“I see three openings.”


“What?! But I can block if you attack. Just try me!”


“Very well,” he whispered and before she could even blink, Saei now stood before her with his large tail right at her left hip. It was barely connecting but Fey flushed at barely seeing the dragon’s movements.


“If I would had followed through, your breath would had been stolen and given me the opportunity to finish you.”


“Y-you’re just too fast for me. How can I follow?”


“By watching,” he explained and resumed where he stood across from her. “No being can just vanish. Movements must be made.” Once more, he assumed a stance of his own. “Now, within five seconds, I will make a move. You must see what I did and quickly assess what I will do or where I will go.”


“Alright,” she nodded and focused on Saei completely. Her eyes tried to pinpoint what he would do and she found her gaze searching all over his body…but the more she focused, the more her heart sped. This was supposed to be some sort of training but it seemed as if her eyes were playing tricks on her for they had stopped looking for movements to only see the details.


The wind blew gently, playing with the ends of his black robe as well as his free hair. A few strands tangled around his horns which seemed to have grown…since she first saw him in Hulei.


“Fey?”


She blinked away her thoughts to see Saei looking at her as if she was falling ill.


“Y-yes?”


“You seemed in your own world. Are you not feeling well?” His stance slowly vanished as he stood with his back straight.


Feeling well?


“I-I’m fine,” she smiled but her face was clear as water with how much color her cheeks had and her tail was swaying like a dog getting their belly rubbed.


Saei placed the back of his knuckles against his hip with eyes narrowing slightly, seeing through the lie. Without saying a word, he stepped closer to place the back of his hand to her forehead. She stiffened at the contact but with how close they were again, she saw the concern in his eyes.


“You feel warm…perhaps the cold is getting to you. Go back to the room and rest,” he instructed and moved the back of his hand to her cheek now to feel that the heat only grew. Her heart was struggling…


“…Saei…can I ask you something?”


Her sudden seriousness threw him off and he turned his eyes down onto hers but kept his hand where it was against her cheek.


“…remember back when I was leaving with my father…and I was packing. You came in…and…” She didn’t dare say the next part, feeling embarrassment rising but she frowned softly. “…why? I know you told me to wait…but sometimes I just don’t know. Like…e-earlier…I really wanted to…but…at times…I feel as if you’re out of reach. When we were young…why did you…?”


His silver eyes didn’t shift or reflect any emotion that she could discern anyway. It seemed all he was doing was peering into her soul and it only made her more nervous. Slowly, his hand turned around on her cheek so that his claws gently grazed her skin harmlessly, sending a few shivers down her spine.


“I was young…and enjoyed having you near. You made me smile…laugh…and when you left…the castle felt bare…” he whispered. His small confession only made her heart hammer harder against her ribcage and she allowed her eyes to close, enjoying the soft touch.


“…a-and…now?”


Surely, he wouldn’t answer but she felt herself being guided slowly. Opening her eyes, she blushed more to see he had hidden them around the corner of the pillar. If anyone passed by, they wouldn’t be able to see them unless someone came right into the pavilion area. The rain continued to pour but he blocked most of her view with her back pressed against the pillar.


“I believed you were dead…those many years ago whether it be from the cold…thugs…or some wild beast. I never thought I’d be able to gaze upon this face again,” he said sweetly and raised his other hand to touch her other cheek. Her tail swayed behind her lazily and she could feel herself slowly slipping away into his trance-like she had earlier.


“The first moment I saw you…in Hulei, do you know what happened?”


Fey managed a small shake of her head and nervously closed her eyes when she saw him dipping down from his tall height. She held her breath, not knowing what was in store for her but felt heated lips brush against her temple.


“I couldn’t breathe. Even when you had no clue I was protecting you from so far away…you still managed to steal my breath. You had grown from the clumsy…innocent…timid girl I knew…to now a beautiful…caring…and precious lady…” His voice remained soft and gods help her, she was losing herself more and more. Her lips wanted to part so badly to just blurt out everything she felt but a knot formed in her heart when Yuuin’s words suddenly resurfaced.


‘Not now…please…let me be alone in this…’ She begged the memories and shyly opened her eyes to see Saei staring down at her with his eyes apparent to her. They held fondness…adoration…words that he couldn’t speak.


“And you’re not the silent little boy I remember,” she smiled softly and raised her eyes up to see his hair weaving around his deadly looking horns. “…you didn’t even have these growing…they were just nubs…” Never had she touched his horns…and knew she should really ask before reaching…but it seemed Saei read her face and dipped his head lower with his lips to her forehead. It blocked her view but she giggled and cautiously reached up to finally graze her claws on them. They were hard like bone and had ridges…like a ram. Her fingers followed the curve of them and she heard a rumble from the feral before her.


“…now look…you’re grown…still silent…but I know you’re still the old Saei,” she told him and allowed her fingers to fall from his horns to touch a few strands of his silky hair, pulling back a bit to meet his eyes.


“I know what you are…I know what you can do…” She whispered and hesitation flickered across his eyes. “But no matter what I am told…I just can’t…”


“…did the king say something…?” He asked but kept his closeness and she lowered her eyes softly.


“…apparently he had an older sister…who fell for a drysiohn and she became pregnant…but he killed her during labor.”


“…he believes I will kill you?” He questioned while sounding calm.


“I g-guess…” She cautiously looked back up at him. “He wants me to stay here…and have you banished. He wants me to stop journeying.”


Saei’s tail flicked behind him in agitation that Yuuin would be placing ideas in Fey’s head and he knew the serpent had a silver tongue.


“…what is it you want?” He asked softly and allowed his claws to touch the base of her jaw.


“I w-want to keep going…but…I don’t want any of you to get hurt anymore. I also don’t know what will happen once we reach Estyuin. I’m sure no one will want to stay…and traveling back…is asking for far too much.”


“…then continue traveling…you do what your heart says to do…do not listen to someone you barely know all because of their concern. Do you hold any ounce of fear with me?” He bluntly asked and by the look on her flushed face, there was still a small bit. She tried to advert her eyes though, not wanting him to see.


“…Yuuin…told me to test you.”


“Would it calm your worries?”


“By testing you? I…don’t know how I would,” she guilty admitted. To her misfortune, Saei withdrew from her but only just with serious eyes.


“…if we are to continue this journey, I desire to have you rid of this fear. Make a small cut on your finger or palm.”


Was she really planning on going through with this? To test Saei? She had faith in him…and really wanted to prove Yuuin wrong with proof that Saei was not like the man he had seen in the past…but there was still that small inkling of doubt that was creeping into her heart. If she did do this…it would certainly calm her more and snuff out the rest of her worries…but what if he couldn’t? She wanted the moment they had to last…but this would had come up eventually.


With a shaky sigh, Fey brought up her hands and gently pricked her palm. She winced at the subtle pain but saw a few droplets of blood escaping from the small wound. Nervously, the mender raised her eyes to see how her friend was reacting.


His pupils had changed…and looked more feral but he hadn’t moved.


“A-are…you okay?” She timidly asked and the dragon only managed a small nod. It was clear something was going on as his breathing got deeper.


‘J-just stay calm…he can do this…’ Fey told herself and stiffened a bit when his large hand reached for her injured one, wrapping around her wrist. This would be the true test. She was sure the smell alone was strong for him…but if they desired the blood and flesh…having him taste it would be the ultimate test. She felt as if she was giving a starving mutt just a sliver of meat and telling him no more. Visions of Yuuin’s sister being torn to shreds surfaced but she bit her lower lip to try and stay calm.


‘He won’t hurt you…he won’t…’ She chanted in her mind and fearfully watched when he brought her injured palm up to his lips and ran his smoldering tongue over the blood. If she wasn’t a bit scared, she probably would had crumbled to her knees at the feeling but she gulped cautiously when he didn’t move…and stood there with his face near her palm.


His pupils slightly expanded before reverting to slits. The blood was affecting him, that was for certain and she didn’t dare speak to allow him to focus on possibly controlling the urges. It felt like ages had passed with him standing there like a statue and she was trapped in his stone hold but he deeply exhaled with closed eyes. When they reopened, they were back to normal and he released her hand which she placed behind her to help calm his senses a bit.


“…w-was it bad…what you felt I mean?”


Saei blinked his eyes a few times to rid the rest of the urges away before looking back down at her with the eyes she knew most of all.


“It is difficult to explain…” He stated.


“Did it feel like hunger?”


“Not exactly. My throat burned…and it felt as if my innards were heating up.”


“But you controlled it?”


“I felt nothing rising that made me wish to become the drysiohns we have heard of,” he admitted. “I felt no urge to harm you…or send more fear into you…but there was something.”


Fey felt her heart plummet with worry, thinking maybe the test didn’t work afterall. Maybe he still felt small cravings but not enough to want to right out kill her. She parted her lips to ask but was silenced with her eyes widening shyly when his lips brushed against hers softly. The heart in her chest that was filled with worry only sprung back to life and she wasn’t going to let this moment flee from her again.


Closing her eyes, Fey’s tiny claws gripped the front of his robe as a sign to keep him there and thankfully, he listened to her but left her lips to place a trail of kisses up the bridge of her nose and between her eyes.


“…you…were going to say something earlier…” She whispered, feeling him stop for a moment and her ears swiveled when she heard a soft rumble of a growl from him.


“…do you still fear me…?” His heated breath tickled her skin as his lips rested on her forehead and she smiled sweetly.


“No…if I did…do you really think I’d let you kiss me?” She lightly teased and the dragon before her chuckled, bringing his lips back down.


“As if you could resist…” he answered and she couldn’t help but pout while opening her eyes to glare at him.


“Since when have you become so cocky?” Another soft rumble of thunder shook the skies above them, drowning them out from anyone who passed by.


“How many times…have I stolen your lips…?” Her entire face flushed at his words but she kept glaring at how right he was. “…push me away then…”


“…I don’t have the strength to. You’re far too big,” she played along, her pout turning into a smile but Saei softly smirked.


“You still have your voice. Tell me to leave.” He got her there and her pout returned but he quickly swept it away by kissing the corner of her mouth. “I thought not…”


“You’re making it sound like a sin.” Her tail curled beside her shyly when he pulled his face back to look down at her with a raised eyebrow.


“Wouldn’t that include yourself? Such a holy being as well,” he teased and swung his tail around to curl around hers. She gasped softly at the feeling, glancing down only for a second but looked back up at him to be ensnared once more. “All these long years…of thinking you had passed…but I had hope that you were out there…somewhere. I would find you, no matter the cost or distance,” he whispered sweetly and brought up his hand to brush back a few strands of her hair.


Fey smiled and closed her eyes again, wishing the time would just stop by some unknown force.


“And no matter what your journey brings…I will protect you,” he added. “…but is this…what you truly wish for?”


“What do you mean?” She asked and opened her eyes to see him looking down at her but his eyes were filled with concern.


“It’ll be hard traveling…and there will be many dangers.”


“I’ve come this far,” she smiled. “Why stop here? I would feel out of place anywhere else.”


“…are you also comfortable…with this?” He took his free hand to rest it against the scales on his cheek but she saw that he seemed conflicted. Her heart fluttered at the silent question and she knew she couldn’t keep the bottle corked any longer.


Her claws rubbed the scales gently and brought her wounded hand around to touch a few locks of his hair. It just proved how in control he was…with the smell of her blood right near him and yet his eyes hadn’t changed. His cheeks did darken a bit which she found endearing.


“I’ve been alone for so long…thinking my entire life would be used just as a tool…and that everything I knew was gone. I held onto memories…onto charms…onto what I still felt…that someday it might just change and after those years, they just grew stronger,” she blushed and timidly placed her lips on the few scales on his chin. She felt his tail stiffen out of embarrassment but she pulled back to see his eyes that glowed with uncertainty.


“I am more sure of you than you can know, Saei,” she confessed and her ears swiveled when she heard footsteps closing in despite the rain. Maybe they would just pass by the hall…and allow them peace. Still caught in their own little world, the dragon brought his head back down to brush his lips against hers once more with a soft growl but the steps kept getting closer.


“Saei…I think someone is coming…” She whispered against his lips but he didn’t seem to care as he silenced her again. Her ears flicked cutely but with a soft giggle, she physically had to pull her head away and pushed him back a bit. It earned her a slight glare of annoyance and a growl but Fey rubbed her cheeks to rid herself of the blush as Saei seemed to leave their place of privacy to hear the steps coming right for them. He took a few steps back, not wanting to seem suspicious as one of the king’s guards entered the pavilion to spot her.


“Miss Fey, pardon my intrusion but the king is requesting for you.”


“Again?” She asked aloud before she could stop herself but the guard didn’t seem to notice the rudeness.

“He stated something about you playing for him.”


“Oh! That’s right! Is it that late already?” She asked and looked outside to see that it was hard to tell with the dark storm clouds. Saei looked at her in confusion, not knowing what was going on but the mender looked back to the guard with a smile.


“I’ll be right there after I get my uiorl. Can you tell him that for me?”


“Of course, miss.” The guard bowed and left them alone. Hopefully, he didn’t catch them or else she was sure Yuuin would be storming down here to fight with Saei again.


She sighed lightly, knowing they were keeping a major secret to themselves…and would probably have to announce it soon…especially to Basil. If they kept meeting in secret like this, it would only backfire if they were found out.


“…play for him?” Saei’s voice interrupted her thoughts and she turned to see the dragon looking irritated.


“I forgot really…but as repayment for teaching me a bit on how to start attacking and about myself, he wanted me to play the uiorl for him,” she smiled sheepishly. “I should just go and get it over with but while I’m there, I’m going to let him know that I am still going. I want to head out by tomorrow. It’ll give everyone a night of rest with full bellies. We’ll go retrieve our things from the farm and be off,” she explained, hoping to change his mood but Saei just growled and looked to the rain once more.


“What song are you going to play?” He questioned and Fey couldn’t help but giggle at his behavior. He acted like a boy having to share a toy but she came up beside him to pat his arm.


“I won’t play the song you like. Deal?”


Saei thought for a moment before folding his arms over his broad chest.


“…very well…but later, play for me if you will before we turn in for the night.”


“I’d love to,” she smiled wider. “Try and get some sleep. You still need to heal from what happened but I’ll see you later,” she told him and turned to begin heading to her room but gasped when she was stopped by a hand to her shoulder. Fey was pulled back and she looked over her shoulder to ask what was going on but her blush returned tenfold when he stole her lips again for anyone to see if they were passing by. It was over as soon as it had begun though with him releasing her.


“We will talk…tonight,” he whispered and couldn’t help but chuckle to see her in a daze. “…are you quite well? Do I really have such an affect?” He mocked and it seemed to snap her out of it. She puffed out her cheeks with her ears folding back before she stormed off, muttering something about stupid lizards.


Saei watched her leave with a content smile but as soon as she was out of his sight, he turned to face the rain once more and felt his heart faltering. His large claws gripped the railing with his silver eyes looking up toward the sky, seeking an answer to his new worry.


‘…how much time do you have left, Fey…?’



© 2017 Jensen Roman


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Aww, it's nice to see them having alone time for a change but kinda worried about the whole...gonna die thing. She better not!

Posted 6 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

183 Views
1 Review
Added on August 21, 2017
Last Updated on August 21, 2017
Tags: journey, adventure, violence, romance

Journey of the Mender


Author

Jensen Roman
Jensen Roman

Buford, GA



About
Hello! I am a 30 yr. old woman who is compassionate for writing, being imaginative and creating my own world. more..

Writing