Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Chapter 21

Chapter 21

A Chapter by Katie Wan

After a few months, life really changed for me. Luckily for me there weren’t any near death experiences. Everything actually seemed to be going quite well. Phoenix and I will still together and happier than ever. The football team went onto win state which skyrocketed Justin’s football career. Every college in the nation seemed to want him. Now all he needed to do was choose which school to play for. Phoenix had a few offers but he didn’t want to leave Miami, not quite yet. As for me, college seemed to be the furthest thing on my mind. We still had about five more months left of school. I had all the time in the world to decide what I was going to do with my life. Of course I knew exactly what I wanted in my life, but that all seemed too much like a dream.

During the winter months in Florida our whole lives are wrapped around the winter formal. It’s the biggest dance of the year anyone is anyone will be there. This year, I would actually be there for the first time ever. I always dreamed of this moment but never like I was now. I always pictured Jo at my side but for this dance I would be going with Phoenix Larsen Oreson.

The months leading up the dance were full of planning and inviting. But now that the dance was finally here I could feel the nervousness bubbling like a witches brew in my stomach. I got ready alone upstairs in my bedroom. I wore a nice black tux with a bow tie and white dress shirt. My mom helped me put the bow tie on. I looked at myself in the mirror when she left. This year had been great so far. I couldn’t even remember what I was like before I fell in love with Phoenix. Everything had gotten exponentially. My reflection showed me how much I had changed. I’d dropped the ‘nerd’ look and actually started working out not for looks but to feel healthier. I was much stronger and a lot more attractive. I actually liked who I was, inside and out, now.

Downstairs I heard the door open and my mom cheerfully talking to someone. I grabbed the flower off my bed and walked to the top of stairs. Phoenix’s voice could be heard over everything in my house. I walked slowly down the stairs watching him the whole way. The dark silver eyes watched me as I took every step. I reached the bottom and walked right over to him. A proud smile filled his face and I could see stars gleaming in his eyes. “You look...so… so.”

“Just say it,” I laughed and cuddled up next to him.

“Beautiful.” His thumb stroked the spine of my nose and softly touched my lips. I could hear his breathing increase and he licked his lips. Softly he planted the two most perfect set of lips directly on top of mine.

I didn’t actually think I looked to great. I mean I wasn’t anything special. Compared to him I looked like just an average guy.  Phoenix’s long hair was gelled back perfectly giving him his usual mature look. He wore a black tux with a red bowtie, cummerbund, and a black dress shirt. He was a very suave man. He cupped a boutonnière in his hand waiting to pin it onto my jacket. My mom stood happily in the corner watching us with a silver camera in her hand. Our bodies got close and he kissed my forehead. “Tonight’s going to be great.” He whispered softly letting his breath flow over my forehead.

I nodded. It would be

 

 

We got to the dance in style, showing up in a long black limo. Ryder, Jo, Justin, and his date Chelsea also rode in our limo. Cameras flashed in our faces as we got out of the limo.  The paparazzi would be all over this momentous occasion for the Oresons. For this dance, Jo wore a large baby blue gown that stood out about three feet on each side. Ryder stayed by her side through the whole party in his pinstripe tux. Jason and Chelsea, they stayed together and we only saw them a few times through the dance.

Phoenix kept me close throughout the night and never once put his eye on anyone else. During one of the fast songs we went to the punch bowl and met with some people. Tex was standing with his beautiful date next to the bowl. “Hey.” I said.

He looked at me strange. “Hey,” he answered back.

Phoenix chatted with some teammate next to him. “How’s your night going?”

Tex smiled at me tentatively. “We’re having a good time.” He answered and his eyes shot around the room as if he was embarrassed to talk to me. His date looked up at him as if he was crazy for even thinking about conversing with me.

 “I’m sorry. Do you have a problem with me?” That’s when Phoenix joined the conversation.

“What are you doing, Tex?” snapped Phoenix.

Tex turned to his date, “I’ll meet you back at the table alright?” The young red headed girl spun around and with a disgusted look on her face walked away from us. Tex looked up at the both of us. He was about a foot shorter than Phoenix. “I’m not supposed to talk to him.”

“Says who?” Asked Phoenix with a fierce tone.

“Dad.”

“Tex, you know better than that. You have your own thoughts and your own beliefs.” Phoenix whispered this time trying to make his point even more serious.

He glared at Phoenix, “I’m going back to the dance.” His punch glass was set down fiercely and he walked away from the table. Over the speakers a violin solo came up and I immediately recognized the song�"At last by Etta James. This song was my absolute favorite. I’d listened to R&B and soul music my whole life and this song really portrayed something that I always wanted.

I gasped and turned to look at Phoenix and with a pleading look in my eye I begged for him to dance. He answered by saying “you don’t even have to ask twice.”

We walked out together, hand in hand, onto the lighted lobby floor. The dance was held in one of Jo’s parent’s fancy hotel lobbies. It was decorated beautifully with white roses all over the room. A single DJ was in the front of the lobby playing music perfect for each situation. Beautiful chandeliers hung over the room and lit it up magically. The rest of the lights were shut off and it made a perfect glow over the whole area.

Phoenix’s fingers laced with mine and he swiftly pulled me across the room and stood in the center of the large mass of people rocking back and forth. He twirled me tight into his torso and with his left hand he held my right hand close to his chest and placed his open hand low on my back. I grabbed the top of his shoulder and stroked his neck with my fingertips. The top of my head rested in the wedge between his head and neck, and chin rested on top of my head. A sigh came from both of our lungs as we held each other.

I closed my eyes and just felt the closeness of our bodies. We swayed back and forth slowly and let the music fill our souls. Phoenix’s head tilted down and he kissed the top of my head. “I love you so much.” He whispered into my hair.

“I love you.” I whispered right back lifting my face up to his

He smiled, “This has been one of the best nights of my life.”

I brought my hand up to the side of his face. “You’re too good to be real.” I stood on my tiptoes and put our lips together. He pulled on my waist moving it closer into him. When we both pulled away our faces stayed close. Tears welled up in my eyes. This was all magic and I knew it. When the song ended we just stayed there in the middle of the room. The music livened up but we just stood there holding each other very close. Phoenix couldn’t let me go. I couldn’t let him go either.

Unexpectedly, shocking us out of our euphoric state, someone yelled behind us, “Phoenix Oreson!” He twisted in time to catch an egg flying straight at his back. “You f****t, suck on this.”

The boys were from the Bears I recognized them from the football field a few months back. Somehow they had gotten into the dance with a carton of eggs�"aimed and ready for Phoenix. Rage ran through Phoenix’s body. His eyes lit up and nostrils flared. The crowd gasped and some of the other football plays started taking off their jackets in order to defend Phoenix. Phoenix hand went on my chest and he pushed be back into the crowd. “You’re going to wish that never happened.”  I backed up into the crowd even further and Phoenix bolted after the waiting Bears.  A silver flash caught everyone’s eye and Phoenix stopped, frozen, in his tracks.

One of the Bears squared his shoulders and went to confront Phoenix face to face. The rest of the team, which had come with the boy, followed in a large mass. Ryder was holding onto Phoenix’s arm. “Let it go Phoenix.” He kept calling out tightening his grip with each word. The crowd watching had their hands up over their mouths or their jaws gaped open. They’d never seen a Hero freak out and go after anyone before. I had never even seen this. I shook in fear wondering what would happen.

Phoenix tried to push Ryder off, and was almost succeeding, when Tex ran up and held his other arm. Ryder gave him a thankful gaze and they both used all their inhuman strength to keep Phoenix in place. “I’ll kill you, you little brats!” Phoenix screamed. “I’ll shove those eggs where they belong, you little brats.” He screamed and fought off his brothers. Everyone began to realize that nothing would calm him down, so slowly I walked up to the trio.

Phoenix continued to fight against his brothers. My hand went to the back of his elbow, “Phoenix.” I whispered

“Not now Collin.” He snapped and continued to try and get away from his Hero imprisonment.

“Phoenix.” I said again. “Let it go.” Security began to come up and take the intruders away along with the principals.

“If it wasn’t for me you would’ve lost the whole season after we kicked your asses.” He snapped again yelling after the boys now being taken away by security.

“Stop it Phoenix!” I yelled the words this time. His head whipped around, I’d never yelled at him before. To think of it, I’d never really yelled at anyone before. He saw my frustration and how upset I was in one simple glance. His face softened as he realized what he was doing. He looked to left and to the right of him. Ryder stroked the side of his head. I grabbed at his elbow again. “Phoenix sweetie, it’s okay.” He slid his arms out of Tex and Ryder’s arms and backed up.

“I’m sorry.” He said quietly then he looked around at the crowd. Fear and panic ran through him as he realized what had just happened. “I’m sorry.” He said again. Justin broke through the group and stood behind me. Phoenix’s eyes went to Justin’s, “I’m sorry.”

Justin answered back, “Its fine Phoenix, I would’ve done the same.” He paused and gave him a smile, “I think anyone here would’ve.”

My hand spread across Phoenix’s back and his bloodshot eyes shot to me. “I’m sorry.”

“You know that I forgive you.” His arms wrapped around my neck and I held his shaking body in my arms.

He continued to apologize as his arms wrapped around me. Jo walked up and slipped a key into my hand. She smiled and whispered, “Take him upstairs.”

So I did.

We sat in the room together. I sat on the bed next to him as he explained what was going on. “I want to be able to protect you, I want to be able to take away all your pain, but I can’t and it’s killing me,” As he talked, tears streamed from his eyes. He wrapped his arms around his knees and looked down to his chest.

My hands went to his jacket and I started pulling it off. He let me. “I don’t need that kind of protection, Phoenix. This is something that comes with being who we are. I’ve learned to accept that.”

He sniffed but kept his eyes glued to where they were, “But I want to give that to you. I don’t want you to have to worry about things like this.”

I tugged away at his bow tie hoping to let him breathe a little better. “Phoenix if I didn’t’ want to put up with things like this I wouldn’t be with you.” I smiled, “Although, it’s not like I had much of a choice, you’re just too irresistible.”

He snorted through his sobs. I took off my jacket and bow tie also. Phoenix leaned over onto me and rested his head on my shoulder. “I just want you to be happy.”

“I am happy.” I stroked the side of his face as softly as I could. His chin tilted up and he kissed the base of my neck. Chills ran through me like they always did whenever he kissed me. His head moved up off my shoulder and turned upward. His lips returned to my neck where they had been before. He pecked at it slowly making each little touch softer and softer. My hands went behind his neck and pushed him into me. Electricity ran through my body as his lips caressed my skin. Tenderly his hands ran up my chest to the top of my dress shirt. Heat flew off him as he slowly unbuttoned my shirt, when it was about half way down his chest his warm fingers ran across my skin softly all the way up to my neck. With some slight force he pushed me back onto the bed beneath us. His body slowly positioned over mine.

My fingers slid down his neck to the front of his chest. I un-tucked the shirt from his pants and began unbuttoning each button from the bottom up. Our lips didn’t touch we just watched each other with fierce eyes, both realizing what was going on. The shirt became completely unbuttoned. We both stopped breathing instantaneously. His fingers circled around on my chest all the way down to my unbuttoned buttons. I tilted my face close into his as he unbuttoned the rest of my shirt. I shook the limp piece of clothing off my shoulders and Phoenix did the same. Our chests pressed into each other as Phoenix rolled on top of me. His elbows rested on either side of my neck and his hands curled up around my head and twisted into my hair.

His hip bones sliced into mine and I wrapped my hands around them. His skin began to moisten up as his nose ran around my lips. Our lips pressed into each other’s forcefully. My hands wrapped around his neck tightly, but I knew it couldn’t hurt him. It became more fierce and passionate and everything began to come to the point of no return. The sheets poured over us like water and I knew then what it was like to be completely taken over with emotion. Our feet tangled together, clothes were stripped, and we were there skin to skin completely melting together.

He looked at me one last time and we agreed together to go on with what was happening. He exhaled and kissed me once more. With a stroke of his hand over my hair he whispered while grazing my lips with his, “I love you Collin Hanks, No matter what.”

I closed my eyes and breathed him in, “I love you, until the end of time.”

That was it. With one last kiss Phoenix shut off the light and we became one. I was now his and he was mine. As we made love for the first time we truly found the strength of each other and we really started to feel the other more fully. The night ended long after the dance was over. As I passed out next to him I felt complete for the first time in years, maybe my whole life. 



© 2010 Katie Wan


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

That was an amazing chapter, Katie! I really liked the romance at the end. I think you really captured the raw emotion that goes into making love. (Sorry if that was weird sounding. *sweatdrop*)

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

632 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on March 2, 2010
Last Updated on August 23, 2010


Author

Katie Wan
Katie Wan

Idaho Falls, ID



About
My whole life is centered around writing. It was only a few years ago that I discovered my passion for it. I love coming up with stories and new characters. Writing is the most important thing in my l.. more..

Writing
Day Dream Day Dream

A Poem by Katie Wan


The War The War

A Poem by Katie Wan


Alone Alone

A Poem by Katie Wan