A drink in my hand

A drink in my hand

A Chapter by Shy Joe

I go to bars for the conversations. There's no one more truthful than someone that's had a few. It's also hard to have the same conversation twice. It's the inhibitation that opens people's minds. Sometimes you learn something about yourself and better yet about other people. I was asked today, what was the best thing about humanity? I sat there for a little bit cuz there's so much good and bad that comes from us. I answered trust. Trust you say, he said. What about knowledge and creativity? Knowledge and creativity are great, I said. But they're only as good as what we are able to share with others. Look what we have done with knowledge and creativity. We have created such great energies that can be used to power households and hospitals, yet we threaten people from other nations with the use of its destructive powers almost on a daily basis now. So much waste over greed and differences. All because we don't trust and faith each other. Knowledge and creativity is putting a yellow line down the middle of the road separating opposing traffic. Trust is believing your fellows of humanity will stay on their side. Trust is believing that the guy that sat at the bar had the sense enough not to drink too much and wait till their sober enough to travel. Trust is also the Philly cheesesteak, green peppers, and mushrooms on a alfredo sauce cheese pizza of knowledge from Domino's for $8.49.


© 2022 Shy Joe


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

49 Views
Added on April 1, 2022
Last Updated on April 1, 2022

Thoughts of an idiot

**

By Shy Joe


Author

Shy Joe
Shy Joe

About
I just like to write. more..

Writing
Finding Alaska Finding Alaska

A Story by Shy Joe