tone deaf

tone deaf

A Chapter by Shy Joe

Maybe music dictates more in life than we realize.  Not the choirs, just the rhythm. Looking at life as if it's a music sheet or score.  You have the five parallel horizontal lines that, with a clef, indicate the pitch of musical notes.  
When we're born, we have our own place on this sheet.  Now, as we grow and evolve through life's beat, we change. Our rhythm changes.  We move along to a different pitch here and their exploring the sheet finding the place we move with music.   Different speeds, pitches, lengths, and even pausing when it calls for it.

Some of us however, we have no place on this sheet.  We're tone deaf. Once in awhile we will jump onto the lines and fill in the bars, mingle with baritones.  It's fun to be part of the masterpiece every now and then.  But it jar's the rhythm and puts a stark skip on the track.  It just upsets the balance and chaos replaces beauty.  

And just like that, we leave the sheet, and watch it flow again.  It's quite a lovely machine.  Watching the clogs embrace, churn, and echo out such songs.

I'm ok with that now.  Don't think the sheet needs to be touched anymore.  It's ok to watch from the audience.  I'll just pay for admission until I've had enough.  It will play on with or without me.


© 2022 Shy Joe


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

19 Views
Added on December 20, 2022
Last Updated on December 20, 2022

Thoughts of an idiot

**

By Shy Joe


Author

Shy Joe
Shy Joe

About
I just like to write. more..

Writing
Finding Alaska Finding Alaska

A Story by Shy Joe