test from unseen powers

test from unseen powers

A Chapter by Shy Joe

Sitting here in bed not able to sleep thinking through memories of my past. You know how you can have a simple yet profound moment in life and forget all about it, and then just think about it randomly and just alters you again like it did back then? Maybe those moments were just meant for you. Guess that's why they're so hard to talk about. Well, I'm not sleeping so I guess I will try🤣
Six years ago in July 2017, I took a bike trip down south and was currently in Georgia when a rain storm struck. Didn't have any rain gear on so I seen this church in the middle of nowhere with a nice size awning and parked the bike under it. Feeling lazy, I didn't want to put my rain gear on and was in no hurry at all so I just sat there waiting for the storm to pass.
So I'm sitting there leaning against this church staring at this open grass field with a large tree forest lined in the background. Turn to watch the rain drops fall from the awning for a while and look back and there's this medium sized dog with a long brown coat, just sitting there on his butt staring at me from the middle of that grass field while getting rained on. This dog was just sitting there motionless with no emotion on it's face.
So I called him over to me, whistling and what not. Dog didn't budge. Just sat there staring at me in the pouring rain with no one else around. That's when it dawned on me that this was the perfect moment for a great photo with my camera. The scene was perfect. Stoic emotionless dog in a rain storm, in the middle of a grass field with a giant tree forest in the background. So I reached into the bag with the camera, and then felt this was wrong selfish.
So I went into where I kept the food and pulled out the sealed packet of pulled pork. Opened it up showed him trying to get him over to me under the awning. Nothing. Didn't move a muscle. At this point I felt bad for him so I headed out into the rain toward him. Got halfway to him and he finally stood up on all fours. I stopped and tried to coax him over to me. And all of the sudden he filled with excitement and started jumping around with his tail wagging and barking happily. And then that dirty son of a b***h ran off in the opposite direction toward the forest. So I'm now wet, feeling stupid, kind of pissed off, and went back to the awning.
I get back to the awning and start brushing some of the water off me and look up toward the forest, and there's that dog just on the edge of the tree line sitting there the exact same way he was in the middle of the grass field. And for some reason I felt some kind of peace come over me. Like even though I tried to do what I thought was the right thing and failed, it was still the right thing. And just as I was thinking that the dog stood up, barked a few times, and walked into the forest. That stuck with me for the rest of the trip.
All 


© 2023 Shy Joe


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

57 Views
Added on November 7, 2023
Last Updated on November 7, 2023

Thoughts of an idiot

**

By Shy Joe


Author

Shy Joe
Shy Joe

About
I just like to write. more..

Writing
Finding Alaska Finding Alaska

A Story by Shy Joe