CH2

CH2

A Chapter by CalebSchadeck

The desk, a small desk at best was missing a computer, when someone walked by a microscopic camera would sense your face and project a screen right on to the desk. The projection caused no shadow and was touch screen. In the distance a phone rang pulling officer Miller out of her paper work and music that she was filling out, the computer screen appeared saying it was a call from the dispatch office.

Officer miller answered “Go ahead.”

“There is a call from the Yao building saying there has been a murder.”

“In the Yao building?”

“That is correct.”

Officer Miller closed her eyes, her partner who was listing to the conversation looked at her.

“What are you going to do? All the other officers are responding to two separate murders in the far side of the city.”

“The murderer is long gone there would not be any danger of going to the building solo until the other officers have a chance  to arrive at the Yao building” said the dispatcher

Officer Miller sat in silence considering what to do “I’ll go” she turned to her partner “Can you man the station by yourself?”

“Yah, it will be fine.”

Officer Miller she phoned the chief’s direct number.

“What is it?” The chief had a way of getting right to the point of everything that sometimes was a good thing and sometimes was a bad thing.

“The dispatch office just called, there has been another murder in the Yao building.”

“Jeez, the yao building?”

“Yes sir, the victim is unknown at this point.”

“We are to tied up here, listen in about ten minutes we can be over there in the meantime it is vital that you go over to the Yao building and check out that body, the first few minutes are curtail.”

“Yes sir.” Officer Miller said as she got the coordinates form the dispatcher.

After getting the coordinates the officer turned to the dispatcher “You didn’t get the name of the person who called?” She asked.

“No, the person hung up before I could get there name, it sounded male but kind of computerized very monotone.”

“Ok, thank you that will be all.”

The dispatcher smiled at her “Good luck.” Her face disappeared of the screen.

 
            Jennie Miller sighed, What’s the worst that can happen on a murder investigation? She thought, but, somehow that didn’t comfort her at all.

 

 

 

Jacob stared in disbelief as the fiery words disappeared with Mr. Yao’s body My God, someone shot him he thought, Jacob glanced at his watch it was eleven in  the morning. Not knowing what to do he sat down at Mr. Yao’s desk chair the computer screen flickered to life the screen read:

‘Outside users please enter your company ID and password’ No use putting in my passcode Jacob thought I want to see the cameras.               

I need to call the cops he thought, but then he thought better of it, what would I tell them?

            Desperate to get into the computer Jacob pressed enter on the keyboard, the computer came on lighting up his face. A message appeared saying: ‘Good evening’

            “Evening?” Jacob thought out loud.

            This time the message on the screen changed and was read to him by a voice above him that was coming through a speaker “No, no it is not evening it is morning in America isn’t it?’

            “Malcolm why do you think it is evening?”

            ‘Ah, hello Mr. Thompson, and yes you are right it is morning isn’t it?’

            “We need to get you checked.”

            ‘No sir, the company has just opened a branch in China and I have been overseeing it.’

            “China huh?”

            ‘Yes sir.’

            Malcolm was Mr. Yao’s own design, he wanted a central computer system to mico-manage the company, Malcolm’s name was chosen by Jacob, he couldn’t think of any good acronyms for the computer so he went with a cool sounding name.

            “Malcolm, is there a security camera just outside the interview room door?”

            ‘No, sir.’

            “Damn” Jacob hit his hand on the desk.

            ‘What seems to be the problem sir?’

            “The problem is that Mr. Yao has appeared to disappear of the face of this planet.”

            ‘Well, where is he then?’

            “You think I don’t want to know that?”

            ‘You were indeed the last person who saw him?’

            “Yes, I has in the room with him and I heard a loud shot�"“ Jacob paused realizing something “Malcolm, play back the security camera from the main hall at around the time of my interview.”

            A screen popped up on the projected computer then the loud shot was herd through the speakers in which  Malcolm was using to talk to Jacob, then a woman came out of the hall.

            “That’s it! Stop it there!”

            ‘Wait’ The compute said

            “Wait!? Wa�"what do you mean wait we have caught her! “

            ‘Watch’ The computer said.

            Jacob watched the woman on the screen as she dropped something coming out of the hall.

            ‘It’s still there’ Malcolm said

            Jacob without another word ran over to the place where the piece of paper was dropped, it was a key card that read:

 

YTI -8156

Jacob sat down on the office chair as he realized that this was the key card to a office that only he and Mr. Yao could have known about. It was the key card to Bradley’s office.



© 2011 CalebSchadeck


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

132 Views
Added on August 16, 2011
Last Updated on August 16, 2011


Author

CalebSchadeck
CalebSchadeck

Carson City , NV



About
I have loved writing all my life... not much else to say, just want to share my work. I am also a major Whovian ever since about three monts ago, I love that show! more..

Writing
Hint Hint

A Story by CalebSchadeck