CH 13

CH 13

A Chapter by CalebSchadeck

Jacob could not remember arriving at the restaurant but he was sitting at a fancy table in and he was halfway through a glass of red wine. He looked at the décor, a glass chandelier rose up what must have been fifty feet, each piece hung on a beautiful glass rope the longer pieces were in the middle and the shortest pieces were on the edge. Jacob realized that the chandelier extended downward as well, the whole restaurant was centered on the magnificent glass chandelier that continued downward to the lower two floors. The ceiling where the chandelier hung from was a wonder it’s self; a giant dome made up the ceiling of the restaurant a beautiful painting that he couldn’t recognize was painted in an unrealistically large scale across the dome. A band on the other side of the circular room was playing a smooth jazz song that made Jacob think of old memories of playing his trumpet in the high school band. I could stay here for I while I guess. The seat suddenly felt like it became softer and Jacob relaxed into it, the music took him in and he closed his eyes, eventually falling asleep.

Jacob awoke with a start, he sat up quickly in the chair he had fallen asleep in and then wished he hadn’t, his head hurt like he had way too much to drink. The restaurant still had the same line of people in it and the same smooth jazz playing, but Jacob was no longer tiered enough to give into it. At least I wasn’t out for long he thought. Jacob looked around the long line had the same exact people that were in line before he had fallen asleep. What the, where’s the exit? Jacob walked around the entire loop of the room and past the band but there was not even a sign to point him to the right direction. Jacob walked up to one of the people in line.

“Excuse me?” Jacob said.

The middle-aged woman turned around and looked past him to the only door in the building, the entrance to the kitchen.

“Is that where the exit is?”

But the woman had turned around and stood in line looking directly ahead again.

Sighing Jacob walked over to the double doors to the kitchen he pushed them aside but when he did there was no kitchen. Staring at him where three separate doors with neon signs over them, they all were exit signs.



© 2011 CalebSchadeck


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

154 Views
Added on August 17, 2011
Last Updated on August 17, 2011


Author

CalebSchadeck
CalebSchadeck

Carson City , NV



About
I have loved writing all my life... not much else to say, just want to share my work. I am also a major Whovian ever since about three monts ago, I love that show! more..

Writing
Hint Hint

A Story by CalebSchadeck