CH 24

CH 24

A Chapter by CalebSchadeck

Jacob starred at the directions, his heart sinking “They say nothing at all about their being two doors labeled number three” he murmured to himself.

            “You sure we followed the directions exactly?” Jennie asked

            “Yes why wouldn’t I?” Jacob let out a heavy sigh then nervously ran his fingers through his hair, the room around them was circular and it had the last door they had entered through plus the four metal hatches. 

            “We could go back to the condos”

            “Yes and where would that lead us? We would still be trapped here, wherever we are”

            “True, well if you don’t want to do that then I just say let’s play a guessing game, see where one of the doors leads us.”

            “Yes but guess the wrong door and were going to be stuck walking through door for lord know how long!”

            “Well, what’s there better to do?  I mean were stuck between a rock and a hard place still we have to choose the rock or the hard place, my guess is this we go with the third door in numerical order just like we have been doing and ignore the marks.”

            Jacob couldn’t think of what better to do so he decided to go with Jennie’s idea “You lead the way.”

Jennie slowly put we hand on the cold metal hatch and press down, from behind him the door Jacob and Jennie had gone through opened

            “I wouldn’t open that door if I were you”

            Jacob jumped and turned around, an out of breath Bradley was standing at the wooden door frame looking like he had seen a ghost.

           

            “What are you doing here!?” Jacob ran to Bradley but Bradley took a step back to avoid Jacobs grasp.

            “What’s a matter?” Jacob asked.

            “I�"I shouldn’t be here right now, he would kill me but I had to come, I had to you were going to choose wrong all because of her.”

            Bradley looked over at Jennie like she was a criminal

            “What’s your problem man, are you going to help us or not?” Jennie still had her hand on the door.

            “Jacob you don’t understand by bringing her, it won’t let you reach the point it will keep throwing wrong twists and turns at you.”

            “What? What will?”

            Bradley sighed, there is only one way to explain, he walked over to the metal doors and opened the other Hatch that was marked number three he opened it, revealing not another set of doors but a key slot.

            “I believe you have the key?” Bradley asked.

            “No” Jacob said “What key?, I have never seen a key like that in my life” 

            “Wha�"what do you mean never seen it before you should recognize what the key is.”

            Jennie spoke “I believe I know that key” she pulled from her pocket a small picece of metal that looked nothing like a key, then she took off her necklace the metal and the necklace fit together perfectly into the shape of a key then she put the key in the slot and turned it.

            The metal door flew open revealing a office of some sort, a name sat on the the desk Jacob starred the name read:

Jacob Thompson

           

Jacob starred at the name “Is this my office?”

            Bradly stood looking at Jennie “It, well in a way it will be your office.”

            Jacob looked back at the name tag “So why do I have an office in a hatch in side a maze of doors that lead know where?”

            “Because Jacob, you have someone very important to meet , may I ask where you were attempting to go before you got side tracked?”

            “Ancient Egypt, around the time of the pyramids.”

“Why there?”

            “Well were obviously not going their now because we found you Bradley, that’s what I was sent here to do, is find you and bring you back .”

            “That ,my friend, is where you are wrong, I am not coming back; but I sould not be the one to explain this to you for this you must met the guardian.”

            He’s gone crazy down here Jacob thought.

            “Come” Bradley said interrupting his thoughts “We must go now”

            “Where are we going?”  Jacob asked.

            “To the pyramids, to see the guardian” Bradely walked to the back of the office then took a painting off the wall, revealing a safe, he typed in a code on  the key pad, inside laid a black sphere, he handed this the Jennie

“Take this, think heavily of your father, and you will be transported to where he is.”

Jennie took the sphere

“I thought we were looking for the guardian, not my father.”

“Your father, if i am guessing right is the guardian, and you are more closer to him then you think. Go Jacob touch the sphere and let your mind go blank, it will transport you with it.”

“You mean your not going with us?”

“No, no, I have much to do before you return, this is up to you now, when you get to wherever her father is, look for a person named Gah’jole to guide you to where you need to go.”

“Why will you not just come back with us to the real would Bradely?”

“I only wish it were that easy, but all in good time you to will understand, this has been a thousand years in the making, you Jacob are the final piece.”

Jacob put his hand on the orb just to feel it, but as he did a black flash filled his vision and Bradley disappeared before his eyes, Jacob fell back wards expecting any moment to hit the hard floor of the office, but he kept falling, as if the world had disappeared beneath his feet.


© 2011 CalebSchadeck


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
TLK
Jacob starred at the directions, his heart sinking “They say nothing at all about their being two doors labeled number three” he murmured to himself.

The errors in the first sentence will put some readers off from continuing:
lack of punctuation after sinking
'their'
lack of punctuation before end quotes

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

182 Views
1 Review
Added on August 17, 2011
Last Updated on August 17, 2011


Author

CalebSchadeck
CalebSchadeck

Carson City , NV



About
I have loved writing all my life... not much else to say, just want to share my work. I am also a major Whovian ever since about three monts ago, I love that show! more..

Writing
Hint Hint

A Story by CalebSchadeck