CH 14

CH 14

A Chapter by CalebSchadeck

‘Officer, wake up, Officer Miller?’

            Jennie Miller opened her eyes, she heard a hissing noise behind her that she herd in the top part of the elevator the last thing she wanted to hear was the sound of the computer’s voice.

‘Good you’re up’ it said ‘we need someone to monitor Jacob.’

“What do you mean monitor--?” Officer Miller was cut short she remembered a hissing sound, Jacob had passed out and she was trying to cling to staying awake. Jennie had been in the marines for a short six years and had gone through gas mask training and what to do if your gas mask failed you. That was useful training she thought, the memories came back to her a set of hands dragged her onto some cart and took them away into a room where they hooked Jacob onto a machine and injected him with a needle, after that everything went black.

“Where have you taken us?” Jennie glanced around the room it was the room she had remembered from when she passed out, the room or were house had walls that were made of rock and in the center there was a giant cylinder spinning Jacob was strapped down to a table with a bandage where they injected his arm and the hideous sight of Jacob’s  friend sat in a wheel chair hooked to the machine.

‘Do you know what this is officer?’

“No I don’t, I just want to know that Jacob is ok.”

‘I have not been instructed to tell you that I have just been told to tell you what the needles do. It said

“Very well then” Jennie said felling she would go insane not knowing anything.

  ‘About ten years ago Yao Tec set out do what seemed impossible at the time, find what they then called as Dark Energy. We employed a very wealthy and influential person to design the underground structure to seal the dark energy when it pass through Earth. This same person designed the building that is resting on top of us. I trust you know him officer?’

“My father never designed a mine, I would have known about it I was very interested in his work, well until he--.” Jennie gulped back tears swelled up in her eyes.

The computer used her pause to resume its story ‘yes Greg Miller also designed the trapping device to literally trap the dark energy into the spinning cylinder. That machine is standing behind you right now. This is also why the “mine” as we call it is so far underground, the rock we made this room in traps radiation from leaving through the Earth’s crust thus when dark energy passes through the Earth, if it has enough power to get into the rock but not out, the machine attracts the energy and traps it inside. The project was successful in the first year a single molecule of dark energy was trapped in the machine, that’s when you father made the discovery. He found that you could turn the molecule into a state of matter by ejecting a certain amount of radiation into it. He did this accidentally, as he was testing the amount of nuclear radiation the room could hold and the molecule took to it. By now almost all the world’s government had their foot in the project some countries wanted to buy out the company just for the molecule they discovered others wanted us to stop the research, but the company never revealed the location of the molecule. Your Dad wanted to go further with his discovery; he hired a team of scientists and what they discovered could possibly be the biggest thing of all time depending of if your friend Jacob can bring Bradley back or not.’

“Is that what the needles have do with it, you ejected Jacob with the dark energy?”

‘That is correct.’

“But why, why eject them with it?”

The computer was quiet for a few seconds then spoke ‘Your friend is one of the first people to experience time travel. What your Dad and the team of scientists discovered was that the dark energy exists in another dimension, a dimension where our time does not matter. When ejected the energy goes into the brain and releases you from your body, in this dimension time doesn’t matter you can go into any time in the past and view it by passing through that demission. This is how your father died he was the first to experiment with it, he ejected way too much into himself, it killed him. Bradley was the second, he was you father partner he spent two years calculating how much to inject into himself. As you can see he was fairly successful but not completely.’

Jennie looked over at Bradley’s blackened body.

‘After Bradley we knew exactly how much to inject into a person of Bradley’s size thus Jacob was called in for an interview, although he was under qualified he was Bradley’s size and he had already know him as a friend he was perfect.’

Jennie the glanced at Jacob who looked to be just like he was in a very peaceful sleep, she walked over to the hatch with the remaining needles in them and took one out.

“If my Dad died for this I feel responsible to continue and finish his work” she said.

‘Stop you must stop’ said the computer in its calming voice (for it could not raise or lower it to show urgency).  ‘Officer you are making a mistake that is not the right dosage you might kill yourself.’

“Yah, I was borne to take risks.” She said “I need to save Jacob or whatever the hell his name is.”

Jennie stuck the needle in her arm, she felt a surge of pain rise up into her shoulder and down to her finger tips, then the pain then the pain went away, the last thing she hard was the computer:

‘Hook her up to the machine’ it said, she blacked out to the sound of someone dragging something across the floor toward her.



© 2011 CalebSchadeck


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

143 Views
Added on August 17, 2011
Last Updated on August 17, 2011


Author

CalebSchadeck
CalebSchadeck

Carson City , NV



About
I have loved writing all my life... not much else to say, just want to share my work. I am also a major Whovian ever since about three monts ago, I love that show! more..

Writing
Hint Hint

A Story by CalebSchadeck