CH 15

CH 15

A Chapter by CalebSchadeck

Jennie’s vision slowly came back, her mind was cloudy and she felt like she had one of her migraines times ten. She tried to sit up to see where she was but her head throbbed form the headache so she laid it down again. After about ten minutes she decided to force herself up. As she did her head throbbed again, but she sat all the way up she saw nothing but blackness. My god am I blind? Panic started to overcome her but then she calmed herself down as she realized she just hadn’t opened her eyes. Smiling to herself she did, a postcard picture formed in front of her, she was on the balcony of some beach front hotel. The white-sand beach had nobody on it and the lack or ocean (she couldn’t tell) only extended on about three miles before another stretch of land blocked the crystal-clear blue water from going any farther. The land on the other side was filled with beautiful mountains that were still snowcapped, between the two sets of mountains the sun was beginning to rise, turning the clouds a dark pink which she had never seen before, in a sunrise or sunset. Despite it being early-morning it felt warm enough to go swimming in the beautiful water.

Where am I? Jennie wondered, she got up off the balcony and turned around to the sliding glass doors witch lead back into the condo. The condo was very modern, it had no walls to divide rooms, a bed in the far end of the giant room and kitchen that led right into the giant living room, the walls were decorated with beautiful paintings one stood out in particular, it was a very realistic looking one of a restaurant. The restaurant was centered on one of the biggest glass chandeliers she had ever seen, it was so big that the bottom was not in the painting. In the house there were also four sliding glass doors with balconies on them, Jennie decided to go to the glass door to the right.

She got to the glass door and opened it, stood stunned; it was the same seen from the balcony she had woken up on, the same blue water, the same white sand beaches, and the same snow-capped mountains on the other side, only in this part the sun was setting, the clouds were a deep red. Quickly closing herself back inside Jennie made her way over to the next balcony between the bed room and the kitchen. Again the same seen unfolded before her eyes, only this time the sun was high in the sky, it looked about mid-afternoon. The last balcony to the left of the one Jennie had woke up on had no sun, it was dark, the moon and stars looked unreal, she could clearly the waves hitting the shoreline, and could clearly see the outline of the mountains.

Ok, four different sides to the condo four of the same landscapes, just different times in the day, I must be in that other demission where time doesn’t make a difference thought Jennie. She looked over a stack of papers were sitting on a desk with a Yao computer, she walked over to it. The desk looked familiar, and then she realized it was Mr. Yao’s desk that she had seen countless photos of him at. The computer was running, it was recently on she thought. She bumped the mouse. The screen flickered to life and an out of date word processer was running it ha only three words typed out on it:

File B section one

Jennie glanced over at the file cabinet, looks like I’m going to find out then she smiled to herself then walked over and stood in front of the file cabinets, she opened the drawer marked B then found the folder marked one. She opened it paper work, ugh Jennie hated paper work she had to do hours of it for her job, just as she was about to but it down she came across a picture, it was in black and white, and printed on a material Jennie couldn’t recognize, but that didn’t matter it clearly showed her Dad shaking hands with a very famous person. My Dad met Albert Einstein. She became light headed and had to sit down, she sat on the bed and when she looked across the room she saw a door that she had not noticed before, it was the front door to the condo, it was made of solid Oak and there was a neon sign over it reading exit.



© 2011 CalebSchadeck


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Stats

144 Views
Added on August 17, 2011
Last Updated on August 17, 2011


Author

CalebSchadeck
CalebSchadeck

Carson City , NV



About
I have loved writing all my life... not much else to say, just want to share my work. I am also a major Whovian ever since about three monts ago, I love that show! more..

Writing
Hint Hint

A Story by CalebSchadeck