CH 26

CH 26

A Chapter by CalebSchadeck

Jennie sat up quickly, her fingers were numb form clutching the sphere so tightly, she had remembered Bradley’s smile when Jacob had touched the sphere He knew she thought as she got up off her back. She was in some type of one room brick house there was a fire burning through a fire place the corner, the house had a dirt floor and brown bricks she was lying in a cot under a blanket of the room nearest to her bed, despite the warmth she shivered. I wonder where Jacob is, better yet where am I? She thought to herself; just then someone walked into the house.

“How do you feel?” The person who walked in was a African American woman, she was in her early thirties and had jet black hair, a beautiful amber eyes.

“Weak, I have a killer headache”

“Rest” She said “Here take this, it has a mild sedative and aspirin in it, when you wake up there will be a hot bath and a change of clothes waiting for you, just walk out the front door that I came in.”

“mm k” Jennie had taken the drink form the glass the woman had given her and was already feeling her eyelids growing heavy, she drifted off into sleep.

 

When Jennie woke she felt very well rested and wondered how long she had been out for. Dragging herself out of bed she felt the silky PJ’s she was in brush against her skin I wonder who changed me out of my clothes? She thought as she made her way to the front door, Jennie was too tired to think that it was weird to be going to a bathroom through the front door, she just expected to walk next door or something to find the hot bath, Jennie threw open the front door, which turned out not to be a front door at all, it turned out to be a bathroom door, the bathroom was the exact one as the one in her house, same tub same mirror same shower same chip in the ugly brow tile that she always despised, same everything, the tub was full of water and on her stand towel rack sat a change of clothes, she looked at them These are my clothes to! she thought, staring at her jeans and her light blue tea-shirt.

“Is this your bathroom?”

“Gah!” Jennie screamed, after calming down she spoke “Whats happening?”

“It’s, its too much to explain now, take your bath then get changed and I will be back in about twenty minutes”

“How to you get out of the house if the front door is the bathroom?”

“That’s another thing to explain, but for right now please close your eyes open them in about ten seconds and I will be gone. Jennie closed her her eyes and herd the footsteps of the woman walking away, she opened them when she was sure the women had her back turned, she didn’t she was backing up watching Jennie closely, she let out a faint sigh  “I thought I told you not to open your eyes”

“Ya, well, not really a good listener, by the way may i get your name?”

“My name is Gah’jole” The woman said as she turned around “Now try not to be too shocked by what your about to see, i would explain it but seeing as your too impatient to wait” she broke into a sprint right toward the wall.

“Wait!” but Jennies shout of caution was too late, for the woman had disappeared right through the wall.

 

Jacob woke in complete blackness, his head was spinning, not being able to move he just sat their wondering what had happened. Look for a person named Gah’jole thought Jacob what could that mean? I remember touching the sphere then falling back into the blackness where is Jennie?

Jacob tried to move his legs but a sharp pain took rose across his shin Great  he thought  I’m not going anywhere for a while.

                   

Jennie finished her bath and changed into her own clothes, then she walked back into the dirt hut and sat on a stone bench next to the fire she was too stunned to think about anything so Jennie let her mind drift.

“Good, your done.” A voice came from the inside of the bathroom.

“Are you going to explain to me why my exact bathroom is in this house and why you can run through walls, Mrs. Gaj’jole?”

“Please that is my formal name, call me Terese that is the name I went by before I came here.”

“Ok, Terese, can you explain what i saw?”

“I think before I explain anything you need to see this.”

Terese, took her by the hand and lead her toward the bathroom  Jennie stopped “Your, not going to make me run through a wall are you?”

Terese chuckled “No” she said pulling her forward.

When they reached the front door Jennie realized that it was just a front door her bathroom was gone, revealing the out side. The outside was a city street, in the direct front of her were vintage-looking brick apartment buildings with the fire escapes running sown the nine or ten floors. Next to the apartment buildings was a normal size house with a lawn but as you, then even further down the street there was a Victorian house, each house on the street was slightly different. On the street cars drove by from all different points in time, Jennie saw a Ford model T parallel parked next to a bran-new Toyota Hummingbird  (the car didn’t really hover but it was so efficient on electricity  consummation that they said it hummed).

“What is this place?”

“It’s a place where time escaped” Terese said.

“What is that supposed to mean?”

“You'll see, just be patient”

Terese whistled loudly, making Jennies ears ring, a if on que a city bus pulled up, “Is this run on gas?” Jennie asked, amazed.

“Yes, it is from the year 2000”

“But it looks bran new, this is the year 2150.”

“It will all become clear to you, just for now try to except the fact that you don’t understand something”

Jennie felt like a little kid, she huffed and groaned as she stepped up onto the bus.

The bus came to a stop, Jennie had been looking at the ads on the top of the bus so she didn't see where they were going. The doors opened, Jennie and Terese stepped out, Jennie looked up, It was the Yao building.

“Come on.” said Terese

“I don’t want to go in there.”

“I understand, but I assure you it’s perfectly safe”

They walked into the building then up to the eighth floor, Jennie instantly recognized this as the floor where she had met the computer. Terese led Jennie into the back offices into what she recognized as Mr. Yao’s office, but the name read Jacob Thompson What is this  she though as she walked in. The man in the office was looking out the window and instantly she could tell that he did not look like Jacob, he was old, in his seventies at least, had grey hair and leathery skin a tattoo of a pattern ran down the length of his left arm. Yet somehow, it seems loke I know him. She thought.

“You mean to say you don’t recognize me?” The old man said in a raspy voice.

That voice, it’s-- no it can’t be! The man span around reveling his face “Dad!” Jennie shouted loud enough for the whole building to hear she ran up to hug him, but he took a step back “What’s the matter?” Jennie asked

“It’s just I know you recognize me as you Dad  but think Jennie, think who else do you recognize me as?”

Jennie thought then she looked at the name on the desk, she recoiled “Jacob?” she asked.

Her Dad just sat there nodding his head.



© 2011 CalebSchadeck


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

142 Views
Added on August 17, 2011
Last Updated on August 17, 2011


Author

CalebSchadeck
CalebSchadeck

Carson City , NV



About
I have loved writing all my life... not much else to say, just want to share my work. I am also a major Whovian ever since about three monts ago, I love that show! more..

Writing
Hint Hint

A Story by CalebSchadeck