Know That I Too
We are never alone (a poem for mental health month)
Love Me Not
1986, Penny Herrera falls into the predatory clutches of Matt, an older man who has no other intention than to alter Pen
Avery

Avery

A Chapter by Miss Sally Sunshine

Saturday, a few days after Luca had, sort of, attacked me, he brought over his friend.

 

It was around 10ish, and I had just gotten up. Mom and Dad had already left for work, and Ava had slept over.

 

I was in my kitchen making coffe when the doorbell rang.

 

I walked sleepily, like a zombie, towards my door.

 

When I opened my door a cat waltzed in, and then a tall boy with blond/green hair jogged in after the cat.

 

I stood at the door for a minute, kind of confused.

 

"Umm...Hi?" it came out as a question.

 

"Hi." the boy breathed. He's voice was deep and had an Irish accent to it.

 

"Can I help you?" I asked.

 

"Are you Jade?" his deep voice echoed through my seemingly empty house.

 

I nodded. I pointed toward the cat. "Is he yours?"

 

The boy looked down at the cat, with a sort of distaste. "You could say that."

 

The cat hissed, and then streched.

 

And streched.

 

And streched.

 

Until standing before me, on two legs, was Luca. Yet it was still to early for me to really freak out over that. 

 

I was suddenly very aware of my appearance. I had no make-up on, my hair was up in a messy bun, and I was in a red cami and pink pj pants.

 

Oh. My. God. I had morning breath! "Um.... I have to go wake up Ava, I'll be right back."

 

I turned and ran down the hallway to my bedroom.

 

I opened the door, and for a minute, I couldn't find Ava, but then I saw her black hair poking out from underneath a nest of fluffy pink pillows and fuzzy red blankets.

 

I ran over to her, and shook her wake. She glared up at me from her nest.

 

"What the Hell, Jade! It's only like, what, 10 in the morning?" she growled.

 

"Get up and brush your teeth. Nolan is in the kitchen, snd he wants to talk" I lied. I turned away and started toward the bathroom.

 

"How 'bout, no." Ava said.

 

I walked back over to Ava and pulled the blankets and pillows away from her.

 

She growled at me again, but she got up and started rummaging through her bag, looking for her tooth brush.

 

We quickly brushed our teeth and headed to the kitchen. My footsteps made no noise, but Ava's made a soft thud as they slapped the floor.

 

Luca was sitting at the table reading the paper, just like Nolan, and the boy was sitting on the counter, eatting an apple.

 

I kept walking, but Ava didn't. I looked back and saw her full out staring at the boy.

 

She looked down at her outfit. Studying herself, trying to decide if she should stay or run back to my bedroom.

 

I thought she looked good. Her short pixie hair was always perfect, and this time was no exception. She was wearing a black cami that had skulls on it, and short purple pj shorts.

 

I grabbed her hand and pulled her the rest of the way into the kitchen.

 

Luca and the boy looked up now. "Hi." Ava said.

 

"Hey." the boy answered checking her out. Then he smiled, like he liked what he saw. Ava just smirked. As cool as ever.

 

I realized that the green in his hair was exactly like Ava's. Only the tips were green, and there was three shades of green.

 

"So," I said as I poured my coffee, "do you have a name?" 

 

The boy looked up at me. "Avery." He answered.

 

Luca stood up and came over to me. I didn't look at him, I just poured the cream into my coffee, and added three spoonfulls of sugar.

 

As I stirred my coffee I looked up. Avery smiled at Ava again. "I like your shirt." he said.

 

Ava snorted. "Are you sure? Or do you just like the fact that it's tight?"

 

Avery laughed, short and light. "I am sure. I like everything about it." he leaned slightly forward and winked at Ava.

 

She just smirked.

 

"So, is this the frined you wanted me to meet?" I asked Luca.

 

He nodded. "Yup, this is him. I just need him to study you for a minute, then we can go from there."

 

Avery took his eyes off Ava, for a minute, and trained them on me again.

 

"Come here, Jade." he sneered at my name.

 

I could feel the anger rising up in me. What the crap, I thought, I just meet this guy, and he was making fun of my name?!

 

I walked over to him though, but I stood there and crossed my arms over my chest, one hip jutting out.

 

He rolled his eyes, and sighed. "Give me your hand."

 

I shook my head.

 

Avery sighed again, jumped down off the counter, and grabbed  my hand.

 

He dropped it again, almost immediately, like it was burning.

 

He turned his eyes on Luca, and something passed between them.

 

Avery then turned to Ava, and held out his hand. And she took it willingly.

 

He also dropped her hand almost imediatly too, but not as fast.

 

He looked at Luca again.

 

Avery picked up Ava's and and mine, and placed them together. We automatically grabbed on to each other's hands. I could hear a small sizzle as we touched.

 

Luca let a small smile play on his lips as he looked at me. "Okay laddies. Time for training."



© 2011 Miss Sally Sunshine


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Oh. Wow. Gonna read more...

Posted 13 Years Ago


Woah! Reading on...

~Lizzard~

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

245 Views
2 Reviews
Added on February 25, 2011
Last Updated on February 25, 2011


Author

Miss Sally Sunshine
Miss Sally Sunshine

With Draco Malfoy, be jealous >:D, MA



About
Hello! So I'm fifteen and my name is Gabby. I'm on almost never and there are reasons for that. One mainly that I've grown up and simple moved on. But anyways. I'll be checking on every once and a whi.. more..

Writing